Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering he played through multiple matches as "bench warmer" during that time. Morata played 1/3rd or his entire playing time this month. The fact that he played this much in the past few weeks, and we're hit with this right now makes the timing odd. It would have been different months ago, but as i said in the match thread, he actually played a lot this month.

3 starts and two full matches played through after the vacations. He played more than Isco, more than Asensio during that time. Benzema surpassed him with the last time duds he started. Other than that they were 50:50 this month. the reason why people don't remember it is because Morata barely did anything noticeable.

Raul_Madrid repped this.
  2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    THIS month, Benz has been playing A LOT the whole year. You gonna blame Morata for not scoring 1 month, while Benz has been trash whole year??? double standards much.

Oscar and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Why don`t you use whole stats, instead of being highly selective?

Benzema played 1721 minutes, 12 goals, 5 assists, starter in 20 matches.
    Morata 1148 minutes, 9 goals, 4 assists, starter in 11 matches .

I think that this depicts clear difference in treatment, especially considering how bad is Benzema performing.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1029 4x4s, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Because then i'd have to mention him playing in the draw against Eibar (entire second half) and the draw Las Palmas (about 80 minutes, Benzema scored the second goal there), where he was both pretty average to bad. The ridiculous 3-3 against Legia that he played through and was pretty much potato.

Benzema had more than a few bad appearances himself, but Morata didn't do particularly much with the chances he got. I find it bizarre that theres an absolut lack of self reflection to find it weird that a coach would desperately try to get Benzema into form instead of him when both are struggling.

As i said, Benzema had a patch early in the season where he had a batch of duds but always sort of scored that one goal to save himself into the next week. In that case as the substitute you need to make a statement.

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well this will be a difficult situation, but (in my view of the realistic world) I'll probably do the PR move and let the club & player deny it or I'll say it's not big deal as players are always frustrated when they don't play etc... I'll have words in private with Alvaro, hearing him and explaining my view and how wrong he is to say that, then I'll probably go with Mariano for a few weeks hoping to get a good results along the way to let people forget that issue until I bring Morata back into the team.

Maybe others will react differently, but I find it very harsh to punish Alvaro for one ( a bit understandable) comment and ignore Benzema's actions for an entire season, especially when Zizou is emphasizing in almost all of his press conferences in "hardwork and intensity".

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    And now also mention Benzema`s performances against specific opponents, it should be interesting what kind of word you will use to depict Benzema`s garbage of performances in which he gave zero fck.

Again, 600 minutes and 9 starting positions more, despite being utter shit to the point that he barely moves on the pitch. 3 goals and 1 assist more, for 600 minutes more of play and 9 more games as a starter. It seems that Morata has made a better statement than Benzema?

No, i find it bizarre that a coach is willing to throw whole season away, because a certain player despite getting shitload of minutes to the point of disbelief, is playing like garbage. By this point, Benzema will find his "form" in 2019, while getting a new contract, and a brand new gold plated Lambo.

ABB94, ahnaf and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't recall all the minutes played but I do recall Morata playing well earlier in the season, then all of a sudden losing his spot to back-from-injury Benzema. Some of us said it's just to get Benzy in form, that didn't happen and Morata still did better than him even as a sub yet he was benched as soon as the next game comes. The 3-3 Legia? Come on, this is exactly our issue with Benzema's treatment, Zizou started with a weird ass lineup just to not bench him, and Morata did start but not in his position, it's like playing Carvajal in CB and saying he was an average defender and didn't do enough to take the starting spot from Danilo. :D

I know that's a bad example but to be honest this is how frustrated I'm with Benzema. We were made to believe no one could replace him, and Chicharito -despite being a lesser player than even Morata- got us the only win vs. Atletico with Ancelotti & another win vs. Celta when he had the chance to do it.. but at this rate we will never know with Morata because being subbed in 75th minute every now and then is the perfect way to keep that goals/game ratio looking worse.

ABB94, ahnaf, Oscar and 1 other person repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He played for a while after the hero goal against Sporting and went for a long stretch without scoring, and his playing time melted down to 20 minute subs gradually.

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This shit is getting absurd. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, you deserve an Olympic gold mental for world class mental gymnastics.:cool:

Halycon repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata had more goals to his name in his first season under Carlo, while having played less over the entire season than he has up until now.

If you tink Alvaro is in top form you're playing yourself.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The point is that he doesn't even need to be in top form to replace the current Benzema, and not do worse. Both have 5 goals in the league which is a pretty bad tally for a Real Madrid striker halfway the season (Ramos has scored more league goals than either of them.....Ramos) but Benzema used 300 minutes more to do so.

So Morata doesn't need to score for more than 3 full games to be as 'good' as Benzema in the league for God's sake.

Is this including the supercup games?

RMSocrates, ABB94 and Eddie repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I think Benzema is getting to many minutes, while Morata not enough. This is what i think.

Yes, including Supercup games.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata does more work too, that for me is an important point especially when you consider that both are suffering from a goal drought recently.

I honestly believe that if Morata is given a fair chance he'll prove he deserves to stay and start, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen so both parties should move on, save advice goes for the James situation tbh, he's wasting his career here.

temesgen repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1039 Shay Z, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  15. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema has been pretty shitty, but i doubt Morata is the solution.

robnycus repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has everything to be the solution. He just needs to capitalize off Benzema's level right now.

RMSocrates, ABB94, HZinho and 3 others repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    we need a present in the box, a target man, someone to feed balls into, someone who can strong arm the defenders hold up the ball for help. Morata can do all those things, obviously finishing is also important but right now we have Ronaldo and Benzema hiding and occupying the same spaces. The game will really open up with a brawler in there, goals really aren't the issue IMO.

18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he'll get more chances. By now it's obvious that Benzema is done with the french team. So he loses a lot of his marketing value and value to Florentino. Plus his sex scandals and injury history isn't helping him.
    Meanwhile Morata is looking to be the star starting striker for Spain. That's a huge influence. Plus he's also young and marketable.

Don't get me wrong,Morata is outperforming Benzema but we all know it takes a "bit" more than that to start.
    And just now the spanish NT coach said that he'd like Morata to play more.

19. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Florentino Perez is one loyal guy though, incredible. He personally went to Benzema's house in France to convince Benzema to join the club and never let him go.

As for Morata, this is the time for him to make a name for himself. Karim was freakin BEATEN on Sunday. You could see it off his face, he's in a very difficult period. I'm glad the Bernabeu reacted classy on his sub, good bunch. I expect Morata - especially after the goal - to start the coming weeks. He's hungry and has the full support of the Bernabeu. Good luck!

Anon. repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's not gonna start though, Zizou hinted that Benzema will start vs Celta.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Clutch!

raven3k repped this.
  22. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CMB, CMB, CMB !

23. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My man my hero my new shirt for 2017/2018.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Won't mind Flo having a word with ZZ if he still doesn't think there should be a rotation. We won the league in 2012 'cos Higuain also started half the games.

25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    If anything its Florentino forcing Benzema in the starting line up.