GOP Failure Watch Part III

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The whole "Democrats are better than Reeps" and "Reeps are better than Dems" argument reminds me of another pointless debate:

2. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  3. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck getting him to read any of those.

4. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Show Ignored Content" - No, thank you. :D

5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is probably the most ironic post on here in a while.

6. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    It will apparently be surprising to you to learn that you are wrong again. The average 1 percent makes far more ($717,000) than those who had their taxes raised with the expiration of the Bush tax cut:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneywisewomen/2012/03/21/average-america-vs-the-one-percent/

Once again, how much environmental legislation would McCain or Romney have passed?

You mean the pipeline that hasn’t been built yet? I love how you’re blaming Obama for things he hasn’t done yet, per your policy with Syria.

Ah yes, the thumb twiddling on the Gulf oil spill. Curse Obama for not putting on his wet-suit and plugging the leak himself! Which is apparently what you’re suggesting he should have done.

What does this goalpost-shifting have to do with invading Syria? But let’s engage your strawman. Beating the drum for war in Iran – have we invaded Iran and I’m not aware of it?

So have we invaded Syria or what? All of your slipping and sliding around on this topic does not change the fact Obama hasn’t invaded Syria despite being served up multiple good opportunities to do so, while McCain most certainly would have.

And yet he still hasn’t invaded Syria.

He passed more than McCain or Romney would have.

Compared to what McCain or Romney would have nominated, Obama’s selections are very liberal.

I eagerly await your next post full of goalpost-shifting.

American Brummie repped this.
  7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I'd like to believe the fairytale that the little ppl can still make a diff. with billions flying all around in politics. Then I remember Occupy Wall St. Perhaps they were a few yrs too late but it was one of the few left-wing protests in many moons. Obama's head was still so far up Wall Street's ass even at that point rhat he asked Jamie Dimon "Do you hear tambourines and beating drums outside?" If there hadn't been a revolt by a few senators (and in the blogosphere) we'd have asshat Larry Summers running the Fed. next year.

8. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    The little people on the GOP side have sure made a difference, as the current Tea Party-driven shutdown demonstrates. In 2012 the Ds crushed the Rs but didn't get much out of it due to gerrymandering. Maybe if Occupy Wall Street hadn't happened a full year after the GOP gerrymandered the bejeezus out of districts all over the country, we would have something to show for it.

9. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The teabaggers were nowhere until Business decided they needed to be brought in to energize the dispirited mainstream GOP and fight 'Obamacare'. Until those millions started pouring in the teabaggers were as politically potent as the Greens.

It would take a popular movement several times larger than the teabaggers and Occupy combined to shake the powers that be here. Not impossible, but naturally those in power have done their best to stack the deck in favor of themselves keeping that power so we'd really have to work for it.

dapip repped this.
  10. ToasterLeavins

Mar 25, 2003
    NJ USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Half of those things are at the least, debatable. Are you disagreeing with me that they are more similar than any of us would like? Again, I never said they were identical.

Do we really have to get into the semantics of identical/similar?

11. ToasterLeavins

Mar 25, 2003
    NJ USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    You really are like a child.

This is the equivalent to holding your hands over your ears and running around screaming "I can't hear you, I can't hear you. "

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not likely to happen, given how much good TV there is these days.

13. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    More similar than we'd like? Probably.

Similar in general? Not on most of these issues. Given how far to the right the GOP is nowadays, it makes a big difference which party holds the presidency. This just brings me back to all the crabbing about how there was no difference between the two parties and it didn't matter whether Bush or Gore won because they're both the same. As we found out to our dismay, there was indeed a huge difference. Am I disappointed with the Democrats? Absolutely. Am I nonetheless glad they're not the Republicans? Hell yes.

14. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was asked by another chatter to put him on ignore because I decided to engage him after he hijacked this thread, but w/e. I see another "as long as he is a Dem, we should be thankful regardless of what mess w are in, because a Republican would have made it worse" blind, party hack has taken his place.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    A Republican would have made it worse. There would be no ACA, for one thing.

16. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Actually, my request was for both of you to put each other on ignore. That way I could still read your respective posts when you weren't in feud mode.

But on the Ipad, I can scroll past it all pretty easily. :D

17. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obama wasn't proposing to INVADE Syria, was he? Merely to provide air support for the FSA, or did I miss something? I thought "boots on the ground" was off the table.

18. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't confuse the issue with facts

19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I seem to remember that some of the Benghazi-mongers started hinting, as their case slipped away from them, that there might be some covert connection between what was going on covertly in Libya and what was covertly and hypothetically about to covertly occur quite possibly in Syria which may in all likelihood involve a planned-for US invasion, ergo there needs to be an investigation into THAT coverup.

20. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It all ties together "somehow", I'm sure.

21. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Wut?

Dude, these are people who can't read a poll. As in, 52 beats 48. Stuff like that. How on earth can they follow that, ummm, logic?

22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #4397 Dr. Wankler, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  23. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Whatever he was proposing, he hasn't directly intervened at all in Syria, which was the original point. I think we all know how McCain would have reacted to the Syria crisis.

24. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    OK now, that makes sense.

25. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off-topic, but IMHO he's botched Syria something fierce. But again, that's not for this thread.