GOLD CUP Travel/Tickets: Final in Los Angeles 6/25/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Palermo10, Mar 9, 2011.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Fulfilling the Los Angeles stereotype....

2. TheGrayMatters

TheGrayMatters New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I know... that's why I might as well fill it up with US fans.

3. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Anyone buying General Admission as USMNT fans!

I remember fences being used for USA/MEX at the US Cup in '97 at the Rose Bowl. I swear, I don't know how the fences stayed up when Mexico scored a couple goals and the fans were just going crazy...looked like caged animals (I don't mean it in a bad way...just don't know how else I could describe it!).

4. CIBO213

CIBO213 New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Will it be primarily Mex or US or MIXed Fans for this tailgate?

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    do you think mexicans will be tailgating with the american outlaws?

6. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw it I have a job, it gives me money, I gotta spend it on something!

+2 USA fans at the Rose. See yall at the Dillon's and/or the tailgate.

GO USA!

7. CIBO213

CIBO213 New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Didn't know what ao stood for.. Thanks for the reply

8. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Wow so many fans needing tickets. Would like to have enough tickets for everyone but it was a risk for those who bought them early (in case the US didn't make it). $150-$300 on StubHub isn't a bad deal to catch USA vs. Mexico at the Rose Bowl with a FIFA Confederations Cup berth on the line and regional supremacy. We need all the US fans possible in there!

9. nocturnalscreams

Aug 3, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all of you that don't have tickets in the US supporters section its okay just go to sections 22 and 23 b4 game time and i am certain a fellow US fan will 'ninja' you in.

Also for all you still on the fence about throwing down $150 for a ticket, do it! there isn't gonna be another USA-Mexico game w/ this kind of atmosphere till Azteca 2013.

10. sickboy1334

sickboy1334 Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Bell, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your in my seat then you better make room for me or I'm kicking you out! Since this isn't general admission I'm not gonna take someones seat just to get kicked out then have to find another empty spot and then get kicked out again till i end up in row 77 of section 22!

11. worldwanderer

worldwanderer New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Unify or die guys (not literally, of course:eek:) Get as many of the supporters in one area as possible-- become one voice, shit we'll be standing through the match anyways, 3 guys standing equals two guys sitting, squeeze in. Those with tickets close to the supporter sections distract the ushers to let other US ticket holders from other sections through. There's room-- you make room. As for PahDena security, the last thing they really want are dozens of pairs of stray US supporters in what will inevitably be a sea of green. That's asking for trouble. I've been in that chaos at the Coliseum, no need, if you find you're in a hotspot, head to the US section. You can't just saunter in and ask to sit there, it takes a bit of verve, but you'll get in. The Rose Bowl had the world cup final; they know futbol flexibility. Just don't start a stink and complain to the usher if someone is standing in your seat. Be cool-- stand and chant n make it a great match.

12. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed. in detroit i started off in row 2 and drunken a-holes that wouldnt watch the match but wanted to chat eventually forced me over a section and back 15 rows. i bought a ticket early to get a seat since this isnt GA, if youre in my seat, make room for me.

13. MakingNews

MakingNews Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    We'll be going in early just to grab our actual seats. I don't want to bumped out by the actual seat holders during the match. During the '07 final, I almost missed Benny's goal when Soldier Field security decided it was going to put everyone in their seats: one by one.

14. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My group of 20 (10 and 10 piggyback in Section 23 row ... I think 23) will also be sitting (standing) in our seats - I love piling in as many in the section as possible - but we bought 20 seats three months ago so we could sit together.

If you're squeezing in, squeeze out the people in green

15. Hasbro35

Hasbro35 New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Quick question folks. No one is biting on my offer to buy 4 tickets in a US section (imagine that), so I'm thinking about buying General Admission seats and then trying to get there early and saddle up next to section 24. I've heard Section 23 mentioned a lot, but want to confirm that section 24 is a US fans section as well. Can anyone confirm?

Also, still looking for 4 seats. Stubhub prices are still a bit high, but looks like I'll have to go GA for $140 a pop. I'm probably going to wait till the last minute, so if anyone has seats please contact me at hasbro35 at gmail dot com or text me at 626-354-0032.

Thanks a bunch...Chris H.

16. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know a store in LA area I can walk into and buy a US jersey with a name and number already on it? I ordered a one from US Soccer, but they must be swamped because it hasn't arrived. Sports Authority has the blank red away, but I'm looking for one that has a name and number already.

Thanks.

17. krazymunky

krazymunky New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might be a tall order to get an authentic jersey, but your best bet would probably be the store at the Home Depot Center. Not sure if/when they'll be open.

If not that, then maybe at the Rose Bowl on the day of the game?

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other stadiums have not had numbered jerseys.

20. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone know a place in LA to buy a lucha libre mask? would like a red,white,blue-ish one to pair with my US jersey

21. xxdischord

xxdischord Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Vancouver, Canada
    I've never been to the Rose Bowl. I found some cheap GA tix. Do you think it's possible to get to the highly coveted section 23 from GA?

22. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Still looking for two tickets, if anyone can help

23. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly, this has happened to me before...I was the nice guy who saw people crammed into my row so I stood 5 rows back...then people came in kicked me out because that was *their* seat...then I go 10 more rows back and get kicked out again...not playing that game this time...

24. Nevada Eagle

Nevada Eagle Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carson City, NV
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok not going to be able to make it over to Hollywood and Vine tonight for the night before bash. No car. Anyone picking a bar in old town Pasadena?