Gold Cup tickets?

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by spottedeagle, Feb 18, 2011.

1. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Anyone know when tickets will be available? When were they available for the 2009 edition and what can I expect for prices especially for the final game?

2. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. mindleftnumb

mindleftnumb Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Interesting. I was wondering if there was going to be a presale for the final in Pasadena. I just called the Rose Bowl directly and they stated that "Ticketmaster is selling all the tickets". I guess this means no but will due further research to make sure.

5. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering who might get access to pre-sale codes... :confused:

6. mindleftnumb

mindleftnumb Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes. Just saw the following on ticketmaster for the final.

Group Discount Start: Wed, 03/09/11 10:00 AM PST
    End: Sat, 06/25/11 03:00 PM PDT
    Internet Presale Start: Wed, 03/09/11 10:00 AM PST
    End: Wed, 03/16/11 10:00 AM PDT
    Special Offer Start: Wed, 03/09/11 10:00 AM PST
    End: Sat, 06/25/11 03:00 PM PDT

7. mindleftnumb

mindleftnumb Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just called ticketmaster and asked about the presale. She said she "thinks" the presale will be for AMEX card holders but did not sound confident.

8. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah OK, that makes sense, I remember seeing that happen on Ticketmaster for big events and concerts sometimes.

9. mindleftnumb

mindleftnumb Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The presale codes are:

USAFAN
    and
    GC11

My homeys!

10. menancyandsam

menancyandsam New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Above presale codes do not work for the Gold Cup Final. Has anybody been successful in purchasing tickets for the final.

11. mindleftnumb

mindleftnumb Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It worked for me. I used it under Special Offer Code and picked up general admission tix for 44.65.

12. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife was able to buy tickets for us this morning for the Detroit match. She used a presale code. I think she may have gotten it from the Sams Army website. The tickets are behind the goal. I'll ask her when I get home.

13. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Codes work, try again in the 'special offer code' section.

14. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Holy cow....$170 per ticket for the lower bowl midfield...wow....that is a lot.

15. menancyandsam

menancyandsam New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Pick up 4 @ $110 per. Off center Row 10. Can't wait, hoping for a USA v Mexico final. It's going to Rock.

16. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    did anyone buy from a ticketmaster store outlet ? when i first heard abt the ticket sales, i thought it was "internet" presales only, but then I checked out a ticketmaster store in my area and was able to buy tickets for the semi-finals.

17. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I think the computer system for the store outlets is similar to simply buying online, except they can print tickets I assume.

18. Tha_Realist

Tha_Realist New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Quick question for everyone here. I want to buy tickets for the gold cup final, but I honestly only want to go if Mexico plays. I can't see them failing to make it unless Chepo blows it somehow, but there is always that small chance.

Is there any kind of protection against this? Or do I have to just risk it and buy the tickets if I want to go? Any help is appreciated.

19. mindleftnumb

mindleftnumb Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Only if you find a savy broker who's willing to sell you the stock equivalent of a future on a sporting event ticket.

20. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

No, you have to risk it. Ticketmaster has no refunds or exchanges unless the event is changed.

21. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not necessarily. Ticketmaster has event insurance you can purchase - http://www.ticketmaster.com/insurance.

22. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can just wait until after the semifinal. You won't get THE best seat, but the game might not sell out at all and it certainly isn't going to sell out prior to the semis. It's the Rose Bowl!

23. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

True, but there are so many clauses with their insurance and needed documentation to prove that it seems not worth it. Better to buy and resell on online.

24. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    'Best available' tickets on Ticketmaster are too close? ('worse' seats actuallyRe: Gold Cup tickets?

I will be going to the Gold Cup quarterfinal in DC. When using Ticketmaster to purchase tickets for this event, it appears that 'best tickets' available means 'as close to the pitch as possible'. In the week since I've been checking Ticketmaster, it seems to me that the 'best tickets available' are actually getting better, as they are gradually moving away from the field (i.e. higher).

(Now, I understand that others may have different opinions on this, and for them 'best' will indeed mean 'as close to the pitch as possible', but I suspect there are many others who feel as I do.)

Given that one of the games is likely to feature the USA, and the others may well feature teams with large communities within driving distance of DC, I would expect that the lower bowl will sell out -- and then I would expect that the upper bowl would be opened. I would much prefer to sit in the upper bowl, or at least as high up in the lower bowl as possible for good sight lines. But I would be happiest just to buy tickets now and not 'seat roulette' by waiting until June to buy them. (I know that, using StubHub, I can see where individual tickets are more clearly, but would prefer not to pay a premium for this.)

Has anyone had experience with this -- or any advice for me? (Buy now online, wait, or some other option?)

25. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Re: 'Best available' tickets on Ticketmaster are too close? ('worse' seats actuallyRe: Gold Cup tick

I think you are right that most of the time, some distance / perspective is needed and the view can sometimes be best some rows up. Basketball on the other hand, the view is usually best the closer to the court you are.

I would suggest you purchase your tickets as soon as you can. The game may not sell out, but just to be sure you aren't too high up or left with the remaining seats it usually helps to buy early. If you aren't sure if you are attending you can always resell online and get your money back from another fan.