Gold Cup Rosters - final

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by beachesl, Jun 10, 2005.

1. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Stories out today that Robinson did not pass a physical, and will not be on the US Gold Cup Roster. Arena to name a replacement for him this weekend.

2. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I think you mean Johnson...

3. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Yes, you would be right!

4. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    According to this article,

http://www.laprensahn.com/deportes.php?id=1150&tabla=June_2005&fecha=20050625

this is the offical list for Honduras:

Víctor Coello
    Júnior Morales
    Cristian Garden
    Maynor Figueroa
    Júnior Izaguirre
    Erick Vallecillo
    Asthor Henríquez
    Luis Guifarro
    Mario Berríos
    Carlos Oliva
    Wilson Palacios
    Edgard Núñez
    Óscar García
    Danilo Turcios
    Wilmer Velásquez
    Milton Núñez
    Hendry Thomas
    Luis Ramírez
    Edy Vega
    Francisco Ramírez
    Carlos Morán
    Iván Guerrero
    Samuel Caballero

But the article also says that Caballero and Turcios, two of the veterans, have not been officially contacted by the federation.

It's sort of a B+ team: no David Suazo, Amado Guevara, Rambo DeLeon (he's out of favor anyway), Edgard Alvarez (unless there's a typo and "Edgard Nunez" is really Alvarez), Maynor Suazo. Ivan Guerrero is a first-teamer, Victor Coello has seen some first-team action at keeper, Maynor Figueroa and Wilson Palacios have also had their moments as starters. Turcios can still do the job; Caballero used to be a star but has been out for years because of injury.

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Scratch winston Parks, he'll be playing the 1st Qualification round of the Uefa Champions League witk his club, Lokomotiv (rusia)
    Randall Brenes, a young small forward got his first call ever to tha NT insted of him
    On the left side, scratch Leo Gonzales also due to tecnical reasons

6. Gaetjens38

Gaetjens38 New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Has Mexico released its official roster yet?

I saw the list above, but was wondering if anyone had seen an official list. Will MEX bring anyone fron Confed Cup? I'd think those guys need a rest.

7. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    I dont think they have yet. The thing is that there are some players (already mentioned in this thread) that have been training in Mexico with the assistant coaches for the Gold Cup while the Confed Cup has been going on. There is a rumor that Cuauhtemoc Blanco might get the call up, nothing is for sure though. And yea, I agree, the guys on the Confed Cup played their hearts out and need a rest. They ended the tournament playing 240 minutes in 3 days. Argentina couldnt even play the final they were so tired.

8. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    South African Gold Cup Roster - final

Five uncapped players in threadbare SAfrican squad

JOHANNESBURG, June 30 (Reuters) - South Africa have named five uncapped players in a threadbare squad for July's Concacaf Gold Cup in the U.S. after almost all of the country's key players turned down a call-up to take part.

South Africa are one of two countries from outside the region invited to compete in the central and north America and Caribbean confederation championships, which start next week.

South Africa play their first match against Mexico in Los Angeles on July 8 and also meet Jamaica and Guatemala in their opening round group.

Coach Stuart Baxter has been forced to scramble together a side for the tournament, with just six players from the squad that played in World Cup qualifiers in June.

There is a recall for Greek-based defender Pierre Issa, who has not played for South Africa since the last World Cup finals in 2002.

The uncapped players are goalkeeper Lee-Raoul Langeveldt, midfielders Hleza Mofedi and Siyabonga Nkosi and strikers Lebogang Mokoena and Lungisani Ndlela.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Lee-Raoul Langeveldt (FC Fortune), Calvin Marlin (SuperSport United), Wayne Roberts (Wits University)

Defenders: Craig Bianchi (Mamelodi Sundowns), Siboniso Gaxa (SuperSport United), Pierre Issa (Ionikos, Greece), Ricardo Katza (SuperSport United), Lucky Lekgwathi, Lucas Thwala (both Orlando Pirates)

Midfielders: Hleza Mofedi (Orlando Pirates), Siyabonga Nkosi (Bloemfontein Celtic), Reagan Noble (Wits University), Abram Raselemane (SuperSport United), Siyabongo Siphika (Manning Rangers), Benedict Vilakazi (Orlando Pirates),

Strikers: Lebogang Mokoena (Orlando Pirates), Lungisani Ndlela (Supersport United), Siyabonga Nomvete (Empoli, Italy).

9. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    scratch Carlos Castro on the CR'n team.

10. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    dude this sucks , cr;s bringing like a d team to the gold cup

11. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Anybody know anything about the team Cuba is bringing? I haven't seen anything anywhere....I don't even know who their "top" players are. If they bring their "top team" are they any good?

The "B" group the US is in is looking pretty easy right now....

12. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    The problem is, Costa Rica's A-team is not as good as it used to be. Is there honestly that much difference between a a, b, c or d costa rica team?

13. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
  14. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Mexico's final roster is much better than expected:

G: Jesús Corona (Tecos UAG), Guillermo Ochoa (América), Moisés Muñoz (Morelia).

D: Francisco Rodríguez (Guadalajara), Ricardo Osorio (Cruz Azul), Gonzalo Pineda (Pumas UNAM), Carlos Salcido (Guadalajara), Mario Méndez (Toluca), Héctor Altamirano (Santos Laguna).

M: Ismael Rodríguez (Monterrey), Israel López (Toluca), Gerardo Galindo (Pumas UNAM), Rafael García (Cruz Azul), Antonio Naelson (Toluca), Carlos Morales (Tigres), Luis Pérez (Monterrey).

F: Rafael Márquez Lugo (Morelia), Daniel Osorno (Atlas), Aarón Padilla (América), Alberto Medina (Guadalajara), Juan Pablo García (Atlas), Jared Borgetti (Pachuca), Omar Bravo (Guadalajara).

They had initially announced a C team, but this roster has four first-teamers (Salcido, Osorno, Naelson ("Sinha") and Borgetti), plus some others who see regular time (Pineda, Perez, Medina). I suspect the regulars won't play much until after the group stage, though.

15. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    If the final roster on the CONCACAF site is correct, they're bringing the A team. Under a different coach, this same group was strong enough to throw a major scare into Costa Rica in the qualifiers last year. They finished a solid second to Jamaica in the Caribbean Cup in February, although both Jamaica and T&T were without their European players. The man to watch is striker Lester Moré.

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    MoRado

What's the story with Pablo Brenes?

17. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Today's reports out of Guatemala say that both Dwight Pezzarossi and Carlos Ruiz are at full fitness, so with the exception of Mario Rodriguez of the Crew, Guatemala has a full-strength squad.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know Lester More is their best player and hes gonna be there, and i know Maikel Galindo and he will be there, i think Cuba is bringing their full team

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Sure, thats a huge difference

We are missing
    marin, chinchilla, leo gonzales, martinez, centeno, parks, wanchope, herron, etc....

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    He played in both games against China last week
    I consider him as a rising star, he is playing with Saprissa, he is usually used in 2nd halves. (12th man.)

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    At least we have a pretty young team
    watch out with Bryan Ruiz...he might be playing in Netherlands next season, he is tall and young, good ball control also.