Goals galore in Adriaanse's amazing circus of football - the Twente thread [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Quick new thread round-up: Twente are second in the league, top of the Europa league group and still in the cup. Football isn't always good but hey, with the best goal difference in the league I ain't complaining.

Game today was so easy it was absurd. I think we had 80% possession. Our goalkeeper got so bored he decided to do a bit of keepy uppy hehehe. Rosales and Brama had an excellent game.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Re: Goals galore in Adriaanse's amazing circus of football - the Twente thread

More news: we're reportedly on the verge of signing 23-year old Danish international defender Andreas Bjelland. He's a left footed defender who can also play as left back (that's the end of Tiendalli then, can't say Im sorry about that).

Also Newcastle have said they're going to try to sign Luuk de Jong. British media admit that he's in the 10 to 15 million GBP range so I'd be surprised if Newcastle were willing to fork out that kind of money (even though obviously they've good experiences with Tiote).

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Also again according to the English media, Spurs want our keepy uppy king goalkeeper Mihaylov to replace Gomes.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

According to the Dutch public broadcaster we've actually signed the Dane for three years. Still waiting for confirmation from Twente.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

It's confirmed, Bjellund is a Tukker in 2012. Signed a four year contract. Kenneth Perez apparently helped out on the transfer.

I guess we're anticipating Douglas' departure, but I don't expect he'll leave next summer as he has to stay in Holland till September 2012 to be eligible for the Dutch national team.

6. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada

in 2012--does that mean Jan-1 2012?

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Nah, the 2012-2013 season. So as of August.

8. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Not sure about that one? why would they want him when they have Friedel and Cudicini ?? Gomes is 3rd choice.. ;)

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Don't ask me, I've no idea either. I'd be surprised if Mihaylov goes for an offer like that seeing that he's from a family of millionaires. If one footballer doesn't have to make decisions to ensure his financial security it's him.

10. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

ive not seen anything over here about it, and to be fair harrys usually a smart cookie when hes purchasing players.

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Dutch media claiming that both Newcastle and Liverpool are moving in for Luuk de Jong this christmas. I wish we would be left alone for once.

Oh and I forgot, the thread title came to me after reading that Twente are on course to break our own historical 69 goals a season record.

12. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hadn't heard that from a Liverpool point of view but they do need that 3rd striker so it wouldn't totally shock me. They are in some serious need for some scoring power.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    De Jong would be insane if he moved to any club to serve as a third striker. He's young, talented, and a Dutch international. There's better options for him, staying at Twente for one.

Meanwhile lots of discussion about the formation at Twente as it looks like for the first time this season we might have everyone fit for the next game (with exception of long term absentee Nicky Kuiper who is rumoured to be back in the new year btw). Lots of options, lots of choices to make.

Only Brama is guaranteed of his place in midfield. And I've no idea how Adriaanse wants to sort out the attack.

Most probably in my mind

---------------------Mihaylov---------------

Rosales----Wisgerhof or Bengtsson----Douglas----Tiendalli

--------------Brama--------Fer--------------

---------------------Chadli---------

-Bajrami-----------De Jong-----------John

Ultra attacking team of course esp as in most games Rosales plays as a false right back/midfielder.

Our one weak spot remains left back. So please get well soon Nicky!

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
  15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Our reserves, coached by Paddy Kluivert, win again and continue to top the table in the national reserves league. Interesting is that Heracles are second in said table - Twente and Heracles share a youth academy. So we're doing something right at the youth level! Also interesting is that our reserves too are scoring plenty of goals: 32 in 9 games.

Our outstanding player (and topscorer) in the reserves is Rendla, a young Slovenian who's been with our academy for years and who once was considered more talented than Arnautovic. He had some serious injuries to recover from so it's nice to see he's on the way back.

16. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    again, ive not seen anything here about it. so not so sure on the likelyness of this rumour.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
  18. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lol i dont think you could have chosen a more un-reliable news paper to get that from! i cant see that happening really.. good luck to him if he does go, but i dont think hes ready or good enough yet.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So it's Liverpool, Newcastle and Blackburn Rovers now for Luuk de Jong. Again according to several reports in the English media, make of those what you want.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Sunday it's the derby vs Heracles AKA Calimero FC.

As I mentioned before we can break our historical record this weekend if we score again (as that would mean we've scored in 42 consecutive league games) Here's a selection of the goals

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIp7ncgFpfQ&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter"]Op weg naar een record: 42 duels op rij scoren - YouTube[/ame]

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So Willy Overtoom, Heracles' star player, said today that Twente would be a nice next career move for him. Hilarious as Heracles fans will hate him for saying that.

Gladstony (the young Brazilian we got through our partnership with ManU) is being included in our first squad this weekend for the first time. Adriaanse thinks he's got potential.

Speaking of players with potential, our youth academy product Andrej Rendla has signed a three year contract extension.

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Heracles 1 Twente 1. Which was disappointing largely because Heracles were utterly shite and had one shot on goal, and no I'm not exaggerating.

Twente seem to be having a season where they can't beat rubbish opponents. Let's hope we get Janko back soon, with him we would have buried our neighbours.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh and on the plus side and going back to the thread title, we DID equal Ajax's historical Dutch league record of scoring in 42 consecutive home games today. Seeing that our next game is at home, it's a fair bet to claim that we'll beat it.

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    More news: several English media report on ManU wanting to buy Newcastle's Tiote in the winter transfer window. Which is v. good news for us as our chairman has already said he negotiated a sell on clause that 'put a smile on his face'. English media suggest Tiote's transfer value is 22 million now. Rake em in Joop.

25. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    With the surprise start that Newcastle is having, I wouldn't be too quick to think Newcastle will sell many players during winter window. That said, that is cool of the sell on clause for if and when that it does happen.