Goal Of The Year Winner [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Nov 10, 2006.

1. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Interesting. I voted for DeRosario, but I'm certainly not disappointed to hear this if it's true.

3. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto!! Houston is a winner all the way around:rolleyes:

4. chrishungate

chrishungate Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Katy, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully the votes for the 2 Dynamo goals don't cancel each other out and let a 3rd one sneak in as winner. I don't think so, though. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind not voting for one of those 2 goals - even Dynamo enemies. Have to recognize greatness when you see it.

I also must say that if GOTW was still going on during the playoffs, that Mullan would've won it last week for his incredible fly-in 3rd goal on Sunday. I mean the speed with which he flew at that ball -- and to get it on target was just amazing.

I voted for Ching's bicycle - but you have to admit, DeRo's goal from the the midfield stripe is probably the rarer of the two (even though bicycles are pretty rare, they get attempted more often than DeRo's).

I'd be happy if either one of them wins. And DeRo should've won MVP. Almost seemed like Gomez didn't even want to be there...like it was an obligation rather than an honor.

5. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had De Ro won, he would've been grinnin like a fool and thanking the TA/EB for their energy and promising to honor his MVP trophy in the final and to bring more trophies home over the years...*sigh* I hope this doesn't effect his decision about Europe.

And I agree....De Ro's bomb is very rare and proof that goalies shouldn't play so far forward around him. Ching's was rare in it's distance...how many chilena's make it from the top of the box, especially after a pass and a header? I voted for Ching, but I still love De Ro! Maybe the TA/EB should chant "MVP" for Dwayne...let him know that he was robbed.

6. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
  7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a dream of a hit for a striker that came out of nowhere and snatched a victory from the most ledgendary of all MLS clubs in our first match against them at our home ground. Need we say more sports fans!

Moreno's mini-chilena and Chinger's full chilena are what stand out as far as the alegria being delivered to us in the Hinchada!

Thanks amigos and way to go Brian on winning the GOTY!!!

8. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Arriba Cha-Ching.

[​IMG]

9. chrishungate

chrishungate Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Katy, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to go, Ching! Great goal!

10. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, voting does pay off. :D

11. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Congratulations Ching!

p.s. I also say chant "MVP!" for DeRo!

Win us another award Brian! The Cup!

12. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well deserved. Congrats to our home boy. Now , Go get that cup!!!!!!!!

13. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I liked DeRo's long range chip. Nothing against Chingger-great goal, just liked the fact that DeRo had the cojones to chip Big Zach from midfield. Love Dwayne, but Gomez really deserved the MVP-DeRo should have taken it last season, but Gomez really had a great run this year. But who cares-the cup is the only thing matters.

Cletus won goal of the year a few years back with Metro-even hold s the MLS single game goal record. He showed up at the awards dinner in a white tux with a top hat. With all that stuff-he still doesn't have a Cup. Even as stuck up as he is-I bet he would even trade all of those things for just one Cup.

Here's to Brad, Rico and Zach-all started their careers with Metro and were probably thinking that they would never have a shot at this success. Go get 'em boys.

14. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edited for clarity. notice how tubby basically didn't start the rest of the season for the Fire after that? as someone on their board put it, he was on the injured list next wk as "OUT: brain cramp."