Glue

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by jeremys_dad, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'd been doing good hitting Ebay for cleats, then all the sudden Wham...finds another pair (the best fitting ever!!) and wham side starting to separate. Thank god we kept the ones that are nearly worn out.

looking at glues for the kids new Ersatz Nike (pair # 1) where a cleat tore off

and for an authentic Nike (pair #2) instep back a third at the upper to sole is separating.

Mercurial superflys.

Plastic bottoms and a thick parachute kind of plastic cloth upper. The two fabrics are different between these ersatz and genuine.

Thinking of gorilla glue for that cleat problem. Any thoughts?

For the separation of sole problem, other than an exorcist
    Shoo Goo I read changed their formula for the worse
    I see a lot of good read on Barge cement
    Believe I will try DAP Weldwood and am wondering what anybody else is doing these days.

Thanks for any help.

Throw the ball at your kid everyday !!

2. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I feel sorry for Jeremy

3. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Don't....he's got a first touch that's Un-American.

:D

4. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Is english your first language? At first i thought it was, your kid named jeremy and living in new england but i had a lot of trouble reading your post, can anyone translate it?

5. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    J should have his Swiss Passport in a few months !!

6. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Glue....Be cool

Wife brought shoes to shoe shop to get fixed yesterday he said he w/try to fix them...ready in a week. (?) Shoe dude told her that these type of shoes adhesives used in manufacturing are a thermal based product and that temperatures in a car trunk (boot) can be enough to allow release of that compound so...... be cool.

7. Nikola_Garić

Nikola_Garić New Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    let me know how it turns out as i am ordering a pair of boots from ebay with a small amount of separation and if they rip will bring them to a shoe repair shop

8. witty1994

witty1994 New Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    do not use gorilla glue, when it has set a bit it can shear off again and pretty much leave you in a even bigger mess

gorilla glue expands when it reacts to oxygen so the sole and the upper won't be bonded together as well since there will be a thin layer of gorilla glue. when you cut and plant in soccer that can just break what seemed to be a solid bond

I only know this because I had to keep my vapor 2's alive for last game of the season so I though gorilla glue would work, but it only lasted 15 mins