Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Well Nacho won more trophies than Zizu. Nacho > Zizu.

2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    We would be so much better as a team right now if we had a player like Zidane who could take on players ..
    Bale on the other hand is a waste of space in most games.

Deep Pal, Excape Goat and Kroosinator repped this.
  3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Neither was Ronaldo Nazario. Still every famous football website includes them in our all time greats. They are clueless.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    if Bale played in Zidane’s era he wouldn’t even be top 50 lol there are so few exceptional players these days that above average players are considered amazing.

Bale is good but let’s not overrate him.

Kroosinator repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Kroosinator and J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The longer he remains uninjured, the more exposure there will be to the fact that he doesn't fit.

7. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Even a player like Lucas has outperformed Bale in the last few years.

Bale has consistently been shit. I've watched every single match since bale has been here. Yes he's done a few good things but really he is so mediocre.

A player like Aspas is better than Bale. I remember even Di Maria even outperforming Bale. Then it was James then it was Isco then it was Asensio and Lucas. Vinicius will be next.

He is mediocre. He is not loved at Madrid.

Kroosinator repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I still think it's that god damn hair
    Just cut it bro
    lol

libertao, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale just doesn't put in the effort. He tries to 'play football' all the damn time (i.e. get the ball, cut inside and pass it to a teammate or play on possession without a clear idea), but he just needs to get the ball and run past defenders. There is enough space, he just doesn't feel like it anymore for some reason. Perhaps he wants to show everyone that he is a technically proficient player or that he can play possession game with the very best? Unbelievable really, he's a runner. Use it!

Anyway, I have given up quite some time ago, but I just know he can do much better than what he's been showing lately..

Kroosinator repped this.
  10. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a waste of Money. No one is ready to match his wage and no wonder he has no desire to leave.
    the fact that he is more expensive than Aguero is just sad

Kroosinator repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's balding and covering it up with that terrible man bun instead of going for a hair transplant like every rich celebrity out there.

Deep Pal, Kroosinator and S1na repped this.
  12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Now I am picturing him with a Lebron hair line lol

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm wondering if he could pull of a Zizou?

14. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Aspas better than Bale? This is just ridiculous. I get people aren't happy with his performances but I swear the hyperbole people use to try get across their point on both sides is just laughable to say the least.

15. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah he can i would say. Now that he has fixed those ears he can yupe

Shay Z repped this.
  16. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Yep a 31 year old who plays for Celta is a better footballer than Bale right now. It looks like Aspas will outscore Bale for the 3rd season in a row playing for a team like Celta who normally finish 13th in the league.

We are talking about a player (bale) who got outperformed every year by Di maria, Isco, James, Lucas, Asensio. He was not a starter under Zidane.

Watch some Celta games.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're playing Celta next week, i'll be sure to bring you up if you don't mind.

Deep Pal and Chinky24 repped this.
  18. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    He’s done a lot more for the club than your boy Isco has though LOL!

19. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No question Bale has to improve, however the whole team is suffering this year, from Modric to Kroos to Benzema to Bale. Having said that, only fans of Real Madrid treat their player like shit who has:
    • Scored the winning goal in La Decima
    • Scored the winning goal for Copa Final (vs Barca)
    • Scored the winning goal for the 13th
    I swear if I didnt know know and just read this thread, i would think Bale has scored many own goals in important games !

20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    La decima goal was all DiMaria and his 3rd lung. Even benzema would have not missed that one.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every game in La Liga is an important game as well IMO, can’t win every one but consistency is desperately needed and is key, it’s an important trophy that we expect our star players to help us succeed at winning, the club is about winning, no one player can achieve this on their own but we expect more from the very well paid star players , we expect them to take the lead, and bring the group along

I don’t know about treating any player like “shit” but If as a “big name” player you give them the plaudits for performing in a few games, no matter how important, like they singlehandedly won us the trophies, fair enough, but then they must also shoulder a hefty piece of the blame if they are more often than not injured when they are most needed throughout the regular season, to play poorly sometimes is ok, they aren’t robots, but to not be available to help your team so often is not

J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    100% agree La Liga is important, but I dont get why Bale is the *ONLY* player here being blamed! should he take PART of the blame? 100% no question, he should take bigger share as he is a bigger "STAR" but its not like Real Madrid is particularity a successful team in La Liga! In the past 10 years, Real has won it 2 times only !

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He is the highest paid player, he is suppose to be our main superstar and he is underperforming badly.

This after throwing a fit after the CL final about wanting to have this bigger role.

What else do you expect?

Should have sold him at latest last summer and cashed in on his value being at it's highest. Instead Florentino does a Florentino with one of this special "toys".

hala_madrid722, Doni and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

There's a lot of rumors that he and Casemiro left the Bernabeu after being subbed out but i haven't seen any credible source so far. If anyone has anything legit post it. I posted the Casemiro video in the match thread vs Viktoria. In both these videos we see them heading towards the bench, maybe they left later but they 100% didn't storm out like some media wants you to believe.