Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Gareth has scored in every pre-season game. Can Gareth become the goal machine?

2. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Scoring goals isnt the issue. He has managed to score around 20 goals every season except 16-17. One and only concern is his injuries. We need him to play atleast 45+ games...

3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is a chance that Bale stays fit the whole season. A small chance, but it exists. If that happens he might personally replace most of Ronaldo's goal output. What we need then is someone to replace Bale's usual output from his 25 games per season. That someone should be Hazard, but it seems the rumours have died down, so lets hope Asensio does that.

4. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Been good pre season no question he's talent when he's on he's game but I'll wait till I see how he gets on during the real season.

5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Good plan. Time and time again have we seen Bale have a good preseason but not able to replicate that when it matters. :rolleyes:

4x4s and Excape Goat repped this.
  6. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "We're going to change his position on the pitch, this hasn't happened fully yet but he's been training very well." - Lopetegui

I wonder if this was translated correctly. Does he mean change his "positioning," as in how Ronaldo changed his positioning to stay closer to goal? Or that he's literally going to be lining up as a CF or LW going forward? Interesting nonetheless

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We need to play him centrally. He is wasted out wide.

I'm beginning to believe a 4231 or 42211 is our best option going forward.

8. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More central is my guess. There’s no point in having Bale hugging the touch line putting in crosses to Asensio or Isco. Different story when we had Ronaldo there.

Bale will be the target now

9. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whats with the fissy fit of a reply? pre season is pre season it means feck all. We had pre seasons were we looked brillant then play terribly and ones were we have been terrible and had a good season then.

10. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Because you're the worst poster. It's always something negative. Maybe you should take a break. At least from this thread.

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and Halycon repped this.
  11. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2011 Arcticmandaly, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018

Always negative am i ? There ive bolded it in big black marker for you to help you see it better or go to spec savers and invest in better glasses.

12. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    So have I:

13. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yea its fairly standard thing to say same goes for the new manager etc. i dont care about pre season i care whats happens during the real season. There is posters in here that talk shit about bale all the time and you dont seem to care yet i post something actually postive and ur throwing a fit over it lol. You have some weird obession with me dude.

14. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dragon failed to be our CR for only one night

15. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Even Ronaldo isnt as childish as some of you Ronaldo fan boys. smh

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are corny. Try and do better please.

PigBenis, Raul_Madrid, J-Mezzy and 6 others repped this.
  17. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah we have lost to the same scumbags 0 - 4 with Ronaldo playing full minutes
    So

18. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    Lost to them in the CdR final with Ronaldo as well and also, drew with them in the league so many times.

19. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    bale won us the last champion league, this performance is never been question except for his fitness.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He played well. Could have had couple more assists. Especially Asensio chance was really good. BBA interchanged positions really well. They played 45-60 minutes in all pre-season games before this so not reading too much into 2nd half drop off.

Ronaldo didn't play in 2016 Super Cup and played 7 minutes last season. So yea, others won the title for him in last two years.

21. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alright then, in this case, he will be the star against the mighty Getafe at the Bernabeu.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Go cry in Juve forum. We also saw Ron not show up for 6 months in the league last season so don't come up with that crap.

surgeon, rrrrrafik, 9Qui and 6 others repped this.
  23. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Imagine him with that username change teams lol

9Qui, Shay Z, 2Magia2 and 1 other person repped this.
  24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, we were so lucky to be getting literally "baled" out every week last season. Without the Welsh dragon's goals every weekend we would have surely lost the league.

Ronaldo just wasn't dependable anymore, so we had to cut ties. But Bale, there's a player you can bet your whole season on.

25. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOLZ