Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be willing to go along with Hazard is a Galactico under the Bale standard, which significantly lowers the bar; but Icardi.

Dude can't even get into his NT. LOL.

2. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That doesn’t exactly say much though does it?

Let’s be honest, he’d do a better job than either Aguero or Higuain are doing currently.

In any case, its more of a political reason rather than sporting that he doesn’t get to play for Argentina and that is due to the fact that he practically stole the wife of Messi’s best friend and former teammate. Therefore since Messi dictates the squad selections and team lineups (as rumour would have it), Icardi has no chance of playing for Argentina anytime soon regardless of how much better he is than their other options (which he is) until Messi retires.

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lads, ******** Icardi.

what's going on with Bale's injury? Any updates?

4. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

LOOOOL took only a few hours. useless dragon :ROFLMAO:

5. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    he is supposed to be as next leader in the dressing room ...bale is real joke

6. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If I remember correctly, the last time he was sidelined as a "precaution" he ended up being out for like a month. I think the last thing the club would do now is to announce he's actually injured.

May all the powers be with us this season.

7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One thing for sure, Bale is no leader. never mind he can't say anything in Spanish.
    there's only one leader in this dressing room, even in the CR days, his name is Ramos.

Iscodisco and Eddie repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Cristiano was a great leader and example.
    Modric is a great leader and example.

Ramos is our main guy and the best captain ever for me, but let us not pretend he hasn't had help from the examples of the "best ever level" players.

9. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    really useless , another goal today thought !

9Qui repped this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's really going the Cristiano route of doing nothing for the majority of the game but somehow scoring a goal.

11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He should be near the goal. Less involved in the play making, just final shots and headers.

Shay Z, saadomar, Yannick Relens and 4 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He got tons of touches, i disagree.

"Muy triste"

Anon. repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He did get touches but as we all thought he isn't a very good fit for this system, he barely did anything with them. Cristiano also used to get touches but didn't do much with it most of the times.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I know I am but what are you :p

Wait.. that's not how it goes.

:(

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah if anything last match has shown if we aren't buying a forward, we need to play Bale and Asensio centrally.

They are wasted out wide.

Oh and we need to loan RdT and sell Mayoral (no buyback need).

S1na repped this.
  16. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I would keep De Tomas as our only true 9. Mayoral is done.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He hasn't shown any reason why we should keep him and apparently Lopetegui agrees because his playing time is already significantly reduced.

Bale, Asensio and Benzema as our forwards. Isco, Asensio, Vinicius and Lucas Vasquez as our wide attackers. Modric, Isco and Asensio centrally behind striker.

Meh

18. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't know, too little sample i think. How much did he play? 30 minutes? I think we should keep him for depth. Edit: replacement for Mayoral as third striker.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Mayoral is just below average every time I've seen him. We were playing so well with Asensio as the 9, and then Mayoral came on and the play in the final 3rd dropped off.

I'd like to see Bale play up the middle like he did in that stretch a couple of years ago. Unlike Benzema, he does offer himself in the box and is a threat in the air. Plus he's a threat from outside the box as well. It seems a no-brainer for me. I don't see why we insist on putting him on the right.

Saeta Rubia and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    He should be in the box at freekicks and him and Asensio should go for that second ball. These guys are real sharpshooters and one of them should wander around the 16 to get second balls or passes from Isco or Marcelo while they penetrate the 16.

Imagine defending against Marcelo and Isco while Kroos , Asensio and Bale are roaming around the penalty box. That's just insane firepower.

21. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Another goal and Assist ! he is giving "useless" a whole new meaning !

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm happy to see Alpha Bale finally get unleashed. He seems to be a lot happier since CR7 left and it seems we'll get to see him really take over the mantle. That was exactly what Florentino wanted when Bale was brought in. But CR7 was this gargantuan figure that tends to overshadow everyone.

Maybe this was meant to be: Messi in Barcelona, Cristiano at Juventus, Neymar at PSG and finally Bale at Real Madrid.

Anon. repped this.
  23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As it has been pointed out repeatedly by commentators and sports pundits, this is the first time in nearly two decades that Real Madrid doesn't have a Ballon d'Or winner in the team.

So here's what I want: Luka Modric for the upcoming Ballon d'Or. Gareth Bale for the next one. And then Marco Asensio and Vinicius Jr. For the future.

24. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know I may be playing myself but I have high hopes for Gareth this season. Its finally his team.

saadomar repped this.
  25. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I just see Bale having a 2 or 3 good games run and then boom... injury. 1 month out. Get back automatically to the team cause Julen is not ZZ, rushed comeback means another injury, more time out, thing goes over and over again.

But let's be optimistic. The guy is a beast when fit and he owned this pre-season. Here's hoping but not expecting.