Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t think the goal was nonsense, that would be madness, I think the “idea” that it was the “winning” goal in a 4 - 1 win is nonsense, no amount of spin can change that for me, but that’s just me, also Gareth had an ordinary game, he was fairly terrible IMO, anyway that’s long past, just the winning goal thing that caught my eye again.

2. Planetdune

Planetdune Member

Real Madrid
    Apr 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Ramos goal was one of the winning goals. Without Ramos scoring Real would have been eliminated right there. The second winning goal was in overtime. If you want to be really technical you could label the Ramos goal as the "keeping us in the game goal" but to me, under the circumstances it was so vital that I count it as one of the winning goals.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Who cares? We needed both goals to win. Bale was bad in the game, but he scored a crucial goal. That's the crux of the argument. Both sides are right.

4x4s repped this.
  4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Do you know if his injury was ever confirmed by the club?

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Meh. Did they even confirm the previous one which had him watch his NT crash out of WC qualifying or are we still under the belief he is not injured and just got taken off for precaution?

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong. Two goals were needed to win, and Ramos' is the only one we wouldn't have won without.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Bale back in full practice and might be included in the squad list for tomorrow.

9. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IF match fit, a few minutes off the bench, once we've wrapped up the game, would be good to see...

10. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol , he is fit ? fit to do what ? Wasting the oxygen again ? sell him for 30 ME and salvage yourself, he is hopeless ..

Kroosinator repped this.
  11. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He is not, he wasnt included :(

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's got more League goals than Cristiano Ronaldo right now, that's for sure.

13. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's got more career goals than Iker and the same amount of CL medals. I guess we should just call it a day and make him the club's most legendary player.

I mean it's not even close, Zidane only played one final and Di Stefano never proved himself on a cold, rainy night in Stoke City.

14. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    While this is true, but this only shows how bad CR is this year, not really saying much about Bale :)
    Hopefully Bale is going to recover soon and score goals, score goals for Real Madrid !

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol, let’s hope when he does eventually get back on the pitch, it’s for a decent length of time and he scores some goals for us, he’s not great and he’s not horrible, just a so so player for us when fit that is exaggerated about in both directions IMO

16. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1191 RM or None, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Dude you don't get it , do you ? We don't need his goals, fans would like to to see him playing just like anyone else, fit and kicking week in and week out that's it so let goals alone..

oh btw meanwhile Bale can shine CR's boots on his way to collect his 5th ballon d'or, make sure you tell him

17. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    Some of you are really strange. You’ll be bitching about Bale is playing, then you would be bitching a little more when he is not playing. Pick your poison. You can’t have it both way.

Anon. repped this.
  18. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because you know he won't be benched no matter what , right ? so whether you like it or not he will start , goal are the bonus.

I'd still sell him this January for 35 ME ..it's good for both club and the dragon, lol

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am sorry this got you triggered, but it was actually a subtle way to show Mr. "he only wastes the oxygen" how ridiculous he is, but it's Bigsoccer 2017, where people wouldn't recognize subtle if it made them dinner.

We don't need you either, but here you are.

Raul_Madrid repped this.
  20. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but we need you to keep the dragon thread rolling. You sound like some kids playing football cards. My player scored 8 goals and yours did 7 so my card beat yours . So what's next ? Bale beats Pirri ? or Pirri beats Bale ?

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sound like you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

22. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't vote I pick but I heard they're lowering the voting age, one more good news for you next to dragon's recovery :thumbsup:

23. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hate the man all you want but we could really use him up top since Ron and Benz are being utter garbage with their finishing.

24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Ladies, ladies. Calm down. [​IMG]

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could have used his transfer fee to buy someone who would have actually been available to play.

We could have used James and Morata.

We couldn't use Bale and that is the facts.

Kroosinator repped this.