Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you Bale’s mum?

MaxY and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didnt say it's not a issue to fans. I said the only people that picked it up are people that follow the sport all day online. Fans will act like this was an earth shattering reputation damaging deal, but in a month there will be tons of other things to talk about.

For example: only person to talk about Ronaldo's birthday party after a defeat is Pique.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No but I can be your daddy if you're into that.

Saeta Rubia and janos audron repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sugar daddy?

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4855 MiamiNative0722, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    I like how you’re repetitively thumping your chest for accepting (if not enjoying) disrespect of the club and trying to shit on people that disliked it. What’s wrong with you

Modric-87 repped this.
  6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    no one has ever thought bale is better or even close to Ronaldo...

7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that's Mariano, I don’t think ZZ will be laughing it up with bale at practice

Ahmadi8 and Lyra repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I think it's mostly a headache for Zidane who has to answer for it in interviews and Perez for similar reasons. The players will shrug it off.

Eddie repped this.
  9. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As if the Bale loving wasn’t creepy enough.

MaxY repped this.
  10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some serious underlying problems.

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don't think I am. In fact, I'm quite sure I am spot on with this one. He's always been like that, so this is in line with his previous comments regarding the subject. Anyway, it was a side note.

Shay Z, J-Mezzy and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Lol

I read now that Zidane backs Bale 100% so I am just gonna turn the page on this one.
    Zidane is not a person you can easily figure out

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was able to chat it up with Pablo Garcia about his time at Real Madrid many years ago and he said Zidane is the best player he's ever seen. At the same time he said Zidane isn't the team mate you'll have a joke with or prank around. When Beckham was there, the Brazilians would involve him in silly locker room pranks, but the direction was "don't bother Zizou, leave him alone". After a prank went wrong (Somebody else put up a picture of Victoria Beckham on his own locker and David got mad about it), the players stopped playing pranks on David as well, but he's never seen anybody get out of pocket with Zidane.

He's always been very quiet, even the players now say he really doesn't speak any more than he absolutely needs to.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's plenty of love to go around for everybody baby.

Imagine living on the Internet and taking everything serious.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. If he keeps playing Bale it will clearly show that Zizou is not the petty person that he seems to be sometimes. Perhaps his dislike for certain players is purely based on their style of game, form and/or performance.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane seems fairly pragmatic to be honest. It was always the idea that we'd play beautiful football and whatnot under him but at our best we were like a super efficient machine and more of a statistical monster.

Also a main difference is that Zidane doesn't talk as much as other coaches that speak about football all day on TV.

SayWhatIWant and hala_madrid722 repped this.
  18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't.

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt that the our canteranos and people who have dedicated their lives to the club are taking it as lightly, even if they are not personally injured it's a huge slap in the face to the people who would give their blood, sweat and tears for the shirt.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I love how Zidane handled this situation. Support Bale internally and publicly, but let him hear what the crowd thinks of him when he enters the pitch. I'm pretty sure the sub was way of punishing him.
    Bale got his fine, squad bonded stronger, Bale played well.

Props to the boss and screw you to the Bale! I was definitely for never playing Bale again, but Zidane made the squad stronger with good decision.
    But, Bale is good player in good form. I expect him to start against PSG.

Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  21. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Agree with you. Zidane cares about one thing only. Winning. He doesn't care about anything else.
    I remember an interview where he was annoyed at being labelled as "aesthetic" or "poetic" as a player. I paraphrase: He said the only thing I want to be remembered as is being a winner and my dedication to winning. Something like that

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    If anything, this whole saga has made me root more for Bale to succeed. I love Madrid, but sports fans' over the top demands that players act like they have absolute and primal loyalty to their clubs is just silly in my mind. I thought the same thing when Lebron moved to Miami and everyone treated him like a war criminal.

Do I love players who seem to bleed for the shirt? Sure. Bale will never crack my all-time favorite Madridistas list, but I'm not going to be angry at him for a joke suggesting that Madrid isn't the most important thing in his life.You can argue that the flag wasn't that funny of a joke, but search" "https://www.google.com/searchq=bale+golf+site:marca.com&tbs=cdr:1,cd_max:11/4/2019" and you'll see why there would be plenty of temptation to send up the idea.

Bale has been very good this year. One of our best honestly. I hope he keeps it up, scores a hat trick in the Camp Nou then sends everyone into a tizzy by telling reporters after the game that playing in such a hostile environment was no sweat, he's been training for it. :whistling:

lukita repped this.
  23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Meh, immaculate call bull shit.

First off Zidane was never a player known to be obsessed with training in the mold of a Cristiano or a Jordan, Kobe, etc.

Second he was very much a player who would go for the extraordinary play rather than the practical.

Finally he was also a player who put his principals and morals over his teams success hence the ending of his career with a red card and losing a world cup final for reasons still unknown a decade later.

24. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of our best this year? You guys are still pushing that nonsense for the passenger who was injured or whatever as usually when the team overturned the poor into the good.
    Our 100 M golfer has 2 goals and 2 assists in 620 minutes.
    Our 18yo teenager who isn't a drama queen has 5 goals and 1 assists in less minutes.

Gtfo with that one of the best bullshit. Show some respect to the players who are actually performing and not busy stirring up drama.

madridista_hr repped this.
  25. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The guy clearly wanted to leave some time ago but didn’t have any suitors. He never looks like he even wants to be here, then he goes and takes the piss out the club.

Shay Z, Lyra, Modric-87 and 1 other person repped this.