Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The club didn't fine him for leaving the stadium after being subbed out or for a lot of the other crap he has pulled, so they're not going to do it now.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should publicly apologize or never play again

J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He won't. He is not quite Antonio Brown...but he has poor understanding of how to handle things.

Prit Javier and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Calderon can be a bit of a greasy character at times but I agree with everything he said in this interview. It perfectly illustrates in a calm respectful manner how Bale has ********ed this up & hopefully this is the final straw. Man the f*ck up Bale and force your transfer out of Madrid.

Calderon: Real Madrid fans are angry at Bale
    "It's going to be difficult for Bale now because it was very childish of him to pose behind that banner," Calderon told The Athletic.

"Fans are very angry because of course they didn't like that, bearing in mind he has hardly played for the team this season then he goes off on international duty with Wales and plays in two matches.

"It's a difficult situation for Zidane and he won't be happy with Bale for posing with that banner.

"Bale hasn't done himself any favours with this. He's adding fuel to the fire and it's going to be difficult for Zidane to include him in the starting line-up and also the bench."

He was linked with going to China but that is only for players who are at the end of their careers or who go for money," he said.

"Bale has at least three or four more years at the top level. Could he join Jose Mourinho at Tottenham? Why not? It depends on what Mourinho thinks of him but I'm sure the fans at Tottenham have very good memories of him there.

"For Bale to go back to where he really belongs would be ideal for everyone, because going to China would be a pity."

MiamiNative0722 and Lyra repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny thing is if there was one person less popular with Real Madrid fans than Bale, Calderon would be that person.

Made Real Madrid look like the mob.

RMSocrates repped this.
  7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Calderon is greasy as f*ck there is no doubt about it. You just have to look at the guy for 2 seconds and you know this is one greasy a*s dude.

Not even hating, might be a fun guy to hang out with who knows...

All that put to the side, he was spot on with his current assessment of bales situation. Logically everything he said resonates true...

8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's a huge distraction, even if it wasn't intentional Bale should know the pressure it puts on Zidane and Florentino. At best it's a very myoptic selfish act which only reinforces some of what we know.

I doubt the squad cares very much but the club has a headache and for what?

Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  9. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He just wants the club to pay him off his contract then he will leave, however Perez wont give in so easily

temesgen repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    On the one hand he isn't showing up to preseason over weight or with fitness issues but then again he's had too many injury issues and at times it's looked like Wales was a bigger priority than the club.

For the life of me I don't understand the doubling down and improving his contract when we did. The thing that annoys me is an argument could be made for him to take a pay cut and move to EPL rather than demand we let him go for free to China or subsidize his wages with some European club. The club has been more than fair with him and he just looks entitled and unmotivated TBH.

HZinho and Prit Javier repped this.
  11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’ve stayed away from the off field dramas a bit more this season, it really started to ruin the fun for me, so I’ve only just seen this.

He’s just a ********ing idiot and I don’t even know if he will even fully understand why what he has done is disrespectful. Comes across as a massive dickhead though.

Shay Z, MiamiNative0722 and AriGold repped this.
  12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    As I said we should either let him stay in the stands and not play him OR tell him go the PL and take a pay cut, I am sure not playing for 6 months competitive football wont help him either.

13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    His camp has made it clear that they don't want January move and other demands though, he's pretty content playing for Wales and training with the club for international duty.

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    then so be it, don't pick him for most of the games and select few let him warm up occasionally and then let him play for few mins

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's terrible. To have to pay a guy to play golf

@4x4s is right. He is the one laughing at us

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho to Tottenham took all the thunder out of the story and the Spanish press has been more busy unfolding the Rubiales mess with the national team.

For what it was, this stunt came and went and nobody truly gave a damn other than the Internet.

Prit Javier repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which is where I imagine most people get their information from nowadays anyway, rather than headlines in traditional newspapers

Shay Z repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    libertao, madridista_hr, Drouchk and 2 others repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, I mean people talking football on the Internet. My father has been a real Madrid fan for over 30 years and he didn't hear about it until I told him on the phone and went and had to look for it.

As big of an issue some people tried to made it to be, there were multiple bigger topics in sport and football than that.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's true but related to our club, this Bale thing was the biggest piece of news. It can do damage in the locker room and hurt the chemistry of the team.

I found the banners really funny but Bale should have come out with a good clarification instead of kind of embracing it. He owes it to Perez at least.

libertao and HZinho repped this.
  21. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Regarding Calderon, you need to read between the lines. In the translation I read, he mentioned that Bale was seen as the successor to (and even better player than) Ronaldo and that the club did everything for him etc. In other words: it was a dig at Perez and a 'good job' to himself (for making the Ronaldo signing happen). He's super predictable lol.

I agree, he can have anything against the manager and fans etc., but to show such a lack of respect to the guy who has made him a huge superstar and had limitless faith in him (at the cost of other players and the (finances of the) club) is incredible. Show a huge lack of class on Bale's part. Surely, Perez has to be disappointed.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's an international break, we're here discussing Hazard’s XXL lifestyle over the holidays.

We used to deal with players coming back from international duty with a full on scandal on their head with Robinho for example, this is light work. :D

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're giving Calderon way too much credit I believe.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like how they're laughing about it and people here figured the players and Zidane would be mean mugging and going at Bale today.

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe they are bigger topics in football in general, still even though you are trying your hardest to diminish it , it’s probably a big issue for Real Madrid “fans” , i don’t expect people who aren’t fans of the club to care about this issue anyway, in terms of Madrid issues they are as irrelevant to us as we are to them, your father may be an exception rather than the rule , I don’t know, anyway, we move on

MiamiNative0722 repped this.