Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is what you hope. We do poorly and Zidane is forced to use Bale and he saves the day.

What you want, isn't necessarily what will happen. Hope you can come to terms with that.

2. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

His history is that he will complain when he doesn't get exactly what he wants (even if the team does well and he plays) and that he will also act out.

However this is the first time he's really been put in a position where the club is rebuilding and he is not considered a player the team can build with.

This already happened. And Zidane was forced to quit when Bale made his demands immediately afterward. So there is precedent.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I mean Bale wasn't starting last year when we didn't have Hazard or Rodrygo. All the others were already there.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Last problem it wasn't a problem when the team absolutely sucked under Zidane. If Zidane benches Bale for Lucas and drives home in the same amount of points in the beginning of the season, you can bet the pressure will be on Zidane everyday.

Last thing i want was another season like last year so lets hope you used that as an example by accident.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope the team does well. Above all. Which is pretty blatant that our coach doesn't want the same. He wants the team to do well, with the players he likes and only them.

6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    So like every coach in the world? And it’s hard to believe that you don’t want Zidane fired badly, that only happens if the team doesn’t do well, catch my drift? You’re suspect my friend.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been here for so long, there are over 20 people that came and went before you tried to do the "you're no real Real Madrid fan" routine and it's as ridiculous in 2019 as it was in 2006.

We absolutely sucked with Zidane in the finish of last season so there's a lot to make up for. No excuses or "trying things out". Zidane has the entire team already in pre season.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This is exactly why I believe that the club won't allow Bale to even be on the squad next season. No one wins in that situation.

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In the alternative, its a fact that this club can win without Zidane.

Personally I think we should have just gone with Capello if the idea is to instantly win a league and not have a plan for more than that.

I really don't see Zidane sticking around like an SAF or Wenger or even Cholo Simeone. He's gone as soon as he's unhappy.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So we're winning by having Lucas Vazquez on the squad instead? Or Asensio?Two worse players in almost every aspect? If we're paying Bale, and he's available, he should play. Suggesting that we pay him and not use him is absolutely silly.

We're looking to move at least three players now, and we're linked to only 1. We're basically relying on teenagers and the old starting eleven + Hazard.

Anon. and Crimson repped this.
  11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Who said anything about paying him and not using him?.

Again, this "bad" season we had last year, you do know that Bale was playing during it, right?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have a hard time seeing how Bale features a prominent role for ZZ no matter how well or not we play. Their relationship is too fractured and Zidane is too stubborn.

Excape Goat repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So was he benched or was he playing?

Unless we find a solution in the Premier League for him, that's what is going to happen, unless we give him to Bayern and pay a part of his wages (that's a deal they'd take).

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Oh im not saying you're no Real Madrid fan ( don't really care either way ), im saying that you dislike Zidane so much that its hard to believe you wouldn't want to see the team struggle long enough for him to get sacked.
    You've not made a single non Bale or Kroos related positive comment since he got back.

Most coaches leave when they're not happy, its hardly unique to Zidane, also the argument isn't that we couldn't win without Zidane.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He was benched cause he got the chance to play and played like shit.

Let's talk when that "unless" doesn't work out. Because this whole discussion is pointless until he's on the team on Sep. 1 or whenever the transfer window closes across the board.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The guys that played instead of him did worse. Both of them.

Correct, but it's still my opinion that if we're engaging in any "ok, we'll pay his wages/half of them" with anybody, i'd rather keep him.

libertao repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Where is Bale going to go?
    Let’s be realistic here.. no one is interested now what makes people think some team will be desperate to sign him in the last week of the transfer window unless it is a loan deal and we pay part of his wages..

Everything so far indicates Bale does not want to leave and will force the issue with Zidane..

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If that's the best Bale can to justify his place in our lineup, I'd pay him to leave just so I don't have to deal with his attitude and the media circus.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And his bitch ass agent

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    No one is going to pay Bale to leave.
    If those 3 remain on the team Bale will continue to be the better option when healthy. Asensio was a disappointment worse than Bale and Lucas is Lucas.
    This can be fixed if we get another RW..that way Zidane is covered from any media backlash.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m going to speculate here because I don’t have all the facts, but, if the coach has ( allegedly) told Gareth he is not part of his plans , and the coach seems to have come back with a mandate to run the team how he sees fit, if the coach has decided that he would like to keep both Marco and Lucas for whatever reason , then Gareth can be the better option all he likes, but I imagine the coach will play who “he” prefers for his team to work the way he wants it to work, some may believe Gareth is the better option, but we have one coach, and that’s ZZ, and ( allegedly) he doesn’t seem to share that view, I think there is more chance of a media backlash if he continues to play Gareth, it’s not like the media is in love with him or his agent

Drouchk repped this.
  22. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm probably part of the minority here, but I still believe that Bale is a better RW option than both Vazquez and Asensio. Bale didn't have a great season, but Zizou came back and benched him for the wrong reasons and persistently played worse performing players, in my opinion.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can insist on "avoiding the media circus" all we want, but as a friend of mine said, when it came to Neymar, you won't mind the media circus if you're down 2-0 in midseason to a team playing for relegation and your three subs are Asensio, Lucas Vazquez and Valverde.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are we down 2-0 because Bale played as a starter? That sounds familiar.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sounds like scapegoating. Last season was on Bale then? Really?