Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yes but that was all before last season when he was younger and in his prime - had just scored the winning goals in the CL final.
    He is 30 years old right now, a bench player and his career outlook probably changed..whereas now, being closer to retirement, he may be prioritizing a fat pay check so he will probably do whatever it takes to not jeopardize that.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Stop with the facts. It's better to ignore them... after all they only get in the way.

Dude left the stadium after being subbed like four months ago and now that actually happened a season ago and he is closer to retirement at age 30, four months later.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Nothing he has done so far indicates that. Those are the facts that we know. It could very well be no one has offered him a salary that matches what he is looking for or he is looking for a specific to play for. Again, it's only July 17th, and I'd wait before I make generalizations that contradict what he has done so far.

4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    But you are ignoring last season all together where he was benched and so far he’s not complained about it.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You mean the things about him leaving the stadium when he was subbed out and not joining the team bus, not celebrating with his team when he scored a goal coming off the bench and leaving the stadium early when he was in the press box are normal behaviour?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It is not. I thought you were referring to him wanting to leave which is what he said after we won the CL. That is what I am referring to.. his priorities may have changed now because the conditions and his situation is not the same to back then

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    "Back then" was a couple months ago.

Just stop dude.

MaxY repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Stop what.. you are butting in and probably don't have a clue what the argument or my stand is.
    We have agreed that we lost the best opportunity to cash in on Bale, which was right after Kiev, that wasn’t a couple of months ago..
    that is what I am referring to. It is not the same now.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When Pogba was benched he reacted much better. Phoned it in until the team lost 6 consecutive times and the coach got sacked. Celebrated Mou getting sacked on social media. Here we are ready to drop 150 on him.

10. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If he refuses to leave even though it is made clear to him that he won't be a starter, I really cannot see how he would justify repeating those actions. Not that they were justifiable, but he would put himself in a very defenseless position.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've said it before, his perspective is we suck so bad that even Zidane lets it go and gives him a shot.

Under regular circumstances, Lucas Vazquez starts every week ahead of him for Zidane.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Talk about hypocrisy. Aren't you the same one who loses it whenever somebody brings up Bale to point out your double standards?

Didn't you make it a point to say something like people who do that in your opinion have no point and can't properly defend their rationale when the bring up somoene who isn't part of the discussion?

So what does that say about you now?

AriGold and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You're in a public forum talking about "butting in". FOH.

If you wanted no one to "butt in" you should have taken the conversation private.

You didn't even realize @Zidane05 was referring to behavior Bale displayed late last season while you were going on and on about how he now realizes he isn't first choice from a season ago. Be serious.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It says that as long as you like the player he could shoot his coach with a rifle and you wouldn't mind signing him if he gets probation.

It is what it is.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You're projecting again..

Had that been Cristiano who threw fits leaving matches early you would be ripping him. Since it's Gareth Bale your tone has changed.

It's so ironic you say this yet you slaughtered Cristiano for his post CL final actions, yet seemed to not have the same anger toward Bale for his.

16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #3841 robnycus, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Well I have a different interpretation of “he does not accept a sub role”
    One thing is throwing a tantrum and another one is actually doing something about it.. like he said that he would do after Kiev.
    If Zidane decides to bench Kroos and freeze him what do you think would happen next season?
    No top player wants to be benched (ask Isco under Solari), that is the reality, but to me not accepting is what Morata and James did and not what Bale has done so far.

17. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I must have missed something. Did Bale officially say he doesn't want to be a sub, and asked to leave?

A player of his caliber will never smile when being benched, but I don't feel like he's being a terrible teammate either. He didn't insult anyone or things like that.

Many people are angry at him because he refuses to leave for a lower salary. (something most people would also refuse if they were in his shoes)

Baltor repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No, you're just warping reality.

You literally have disregarded actual events and made a determination based on nothing but what you feel. You aren't Gareth Bale so what you feel isn't important.

What we have are the facts. @Zidane05 laid out a history of them to support his case. What facts have you laid out to support yours?

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't think Bale wants to stay as a sub, I remember reading some quotes from his manager (and I think he himself as well) when he got benched in certain games that they were complaining about it. Zidane will stay as the coach even if he wins nothing this year I think, he's not going to want to wait for him to get fired.

Personally I think he and his manager are playing it smart, so that the end product is that he gets to go to a team of his choosing for 'cheapish' and that we will be left paying a certain sum of his salary as well. Just so we can "finally" get him off the team list.

But we'll see what happens before the transfer period ends. Anything can happen with this one, but I'm going with my predicition above.

AriGold repped this.
  20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He hasn’t left yet and does not appear to be planning to do so.

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I understand what you are saying, but when Bale has complained about a coach, a new coach was brought in. This is not the same as James and Morata who left because it was clear that neither Zidane or their competition were going anywhere.

Technically when he last complained about his playing time, Zidane quit and Bale was given all the playing time he could handle under the new coach (needless to say it was too much playing time and caused him to get injured).

I get your point that the circumstances have changed now and even Bale must realize the reality is that nobody wants him and nobody is going to agree to the contract that he has and he can't "top" himself at this point of his career so it makes little sense to go somewhere and start over (makes you kinda feel sorry for Ronaldo who has even less humility than Bale).

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What does that have to do with anything?

Provide facts that support he has changed his mind and is okay with being a sub.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He probably feels confident that he can play himself ahead of two teenagers, Asensio and Lucas Vazquez. Of those three only Vinicius can put claim to playing time ahead of Bale, and that purely off the gas of his feel good performances of last season.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The original discussion was about if Bale would accept a bench role. None of this supports why he would.

In fact it supports why he expects to start and acts out when he doesn't or is subbed.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've said a million times already that Bale's plan, should he stay in Madrid, is play the long game. If the team does great, ok, if it doesn't sooner or later the pressure will be on Zidane to use him, especially if we're 2-0 behind against the 13th placed team and Zidane brings on Lucas Vazquez instead. It won't take long for pressure to mount.

To be honest, having him on the team and not using him just to prove a point is just stupid.