Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What goes around comes around. Bale has behaved like a twat for the majority of his stay with us and Zidane is showing him no mercy

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To the majority of the outside media the narrative is that Real Madrid as a club lacks class.Outside of the fan perspective this reflects poorly on us, although the way Iker left was even worse.

Baltor and Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    #3578 Zidane05, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Couldn't care less to be honest. The narrative has always been like that, and will always be like that for Real Madrid.

Bale was given a leash very few others have been at this club, and frankly, it's been only given to Spanish icons like Iker and Raul. Even Ronaldo didn't get to do the things Bale has done and get away with it.

And after all this, I come back to one point I've been saying since yesterday; if Bale wanted to say goodbye to the fans, he had the perfect chance to do so at the end of the game like everyone else. But yet again, he isolated himself and left the fans hanging and ran to the dressing room.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I love this narrative

Hopefully some club will think his form is out fault and pay something decent for him.

Shay Z repped this.
  5. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did these ppl follow Madrid only the last 4 years or what?

The biggest of the biggest legends didn't even get a fair and big farewell, let alone fcking Gareth Bale.

Iker, Raul, Redondo, Ronaldo etc.

Prit Javier repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, who cares, weren’t they the same ones saying Ramos murdered Salah?, that our club ruined football spending on players ( before that was a cool thing now that EPL clubs and others are doing it for fun) and on and on, why should we bother about this

These people choose who and what they want to be outraged about, simple

Shay Z repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Every year our club apparently "ruins" football lol.

They just pick a new narrative to use as the vehicle of delivery.

Shay Z repped this.
  8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3583 fierro, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019

Not always. In fact I think after the whole Galactico's fallout I think one of the few good things to come of it were that players in the twighlight of their careers weren't pushed out the back door at the first hint of decline.

English media might want to portray things this way in this particular situation but overall the club retains its image as one of the classiest, if not the classiest, sports teams in the world.

The very patch on Bale's shirt certified Real Madrid as the best in the world.

Since when did Raul or Iker require a "leash." Their behavior and professionalism were impeccable.

Sure Raul didn't want to leave (who wouldn't want to collect the money they are contractually entitled to) but when the time came he accepted a move to open the no. 7 shirt and became a legend at another club within no time.

People love to jump all over Iker for the Mourinho fiasco but he never said a word against Mourinho or his unfair treatment (benching) even though he would have been justified in doing so.

Ronaldo could be a jerk but his performances never suffered to the extent of Bale.

Really not a good look for the club, but reality is the blame should only fall on Zidane or Bale depending on who is "more wrong."

Certainly surprised by Zidane who doesn't seem to have a methodology for his selection process, so random, conflicting and often hypocritical.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not in terms of unprofessional behavior, but how much power or say they had in the club. Hell, we had Ramos confronting the president the other day. It's not a bad thing, but it's only reserved for certain players of certain status.

Hell, we froze out Cassano over far less than what Bale has gotten away with.

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Captain is an official title within the hierarchy and even so I would hope that there is at least some consultation with the veterans/dressing room. Not saying they have any veto power but to exclude them from discussions about the team probably wouldn't make for a very healthy working environment.

Bale and especially Cassano don't merit that type of clout.

11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I just think Zidane and Bale should have talked things through. Now we are ********ed with paying him £15m to leave and receive no money back on transfer.
    Big mistake keeping him on when we knew he just didn't fit in anymore, which is the fault of Perez!

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt bale is leaving.
    We got no one interested in him and he doesn't want to leave. He's gonna be bench material next season

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is a scenario I can sadly see. I say don’t even call him for the match day squad if this is how he wants to handle it.

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I see happening loan deal and Perez will pay not all but some percent of his wage.

Anon. repped this.
  15. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can you force a player to go on loan?

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny seeing English/American media feel so badly for Bale and his treatment, while also almost unanimously acknowledging no one really wants him and how huge a risk he is based on his return on investment. I would've been ok with him getting a farewell, but like some have mentioned he might not be going anywhere.

Shay Z, Prit Javier, HZinho and 2 others repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pretty much paying him to play golf. If we're diplomatic maybe he could be convinced to at least go on a loan where we pay part of his wages. If we incite him, he'll just get more stubborn.

He used to be pretty professional when he first came here. Then over the last two years he realized that he's gonna reach the end of his career without ever realizing his ambitions. The sad part is: he's probably the last person to realize he isn't gonna reach the apex of footballers because his body won't let him.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3593 4x4s, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    You mean like smoking in the dressing room, drinking beer and eating pizza before matches or being 15 kg overweight? Cassano was getting paid to be a fan with player rights.

Bale was bashed for watching something on his phone before a match which is the most normal thing ever.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raul hadn't decided whether he wants to leave yet, Iker got boohed on his final appearance for the club. Cristiano also left out the backdoor.

Pepe wrote an angry letter and so did Di Maria.

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only thing you can force a player into is to pay out his entire contract and let him go.

22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    #3597 Prit Javier, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    I dont think he will sit and play golf for 3 years it will reflect badly on him as a player. Lets see what his agent can find him.
    I don't think giving Kroos an extension was a good idea either yesterday

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup.

I'm 100% for Bale leaving but we did give him a contract and in the end we must honor it, if it comes to that.

24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It will reflect good on his bank account. I think this is exactly what will happen.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not as if he doesn't want to play. It's funny that names like Cassano are brought up who were a professional nightmare when the biggest faux pas of Bale's career so far have been leaving a match after getting subbed and watching a golf tournament on his phone.

I think he'll leave if he gets the right offer, but Zidane's pettyness turned Bale into a victim. Most German media certainly report it in this way, drawing up the club as showing no support to players struggling and Zidane as a villain.

Prit Javier repped this.