Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not my style. I would rather go to a golf course.

Plus where I live there is a big public backlash because companies like Top Golf receive huge tax breaks but the city government is borrowing money to pay the off its debts (yes you read that correct borrowing money to payback the money it borrowed) and has one of the highest residential property tax rates in the country.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One player was playing shows, filming videos and partying while injured, the other is playing put golf in his backyard.

If you can't see the difference for yourself, also thanks to the outcome of how Jese's extracurricular activities have affected his career, then I'm not going to insist.

3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You think Bale didn't golf when he was injured? They both have hobbies and to this in their free time. One likes to rap, one likes to golf. You don't have to be such a hypocrite just because you don't like rap.

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I'm sure Bale was just faking injuries so he wouldn't have to play because he would wake up sore the day after games and that would interfere with his ability to golf comfortably.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have to be joking with this. Seriously.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If golf is truly the game Bale loves, then, yeah, I find it hard to belief he went months without at least getting onto greens (when he could be putting work into his recovery for the club that pays him).

7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a naive guy you are.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're the guy pretending like playing golf in your backyard in an obstacle to a football career vs doing shows in nightclubs.

Even if you hate a player it's really incredible to criticise him for having a hobby vs a player being engulfed in criticism because of poor lifestyle choices. Jese gave an interview recently saying the people that criticised him back there were right : he didn't work hard at all and kept people around that were destroying his life.

But yeah, it's because I don't like rap music, what a genius assumption.

9. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jeesz, you have a hand in putting words in people mouth dont you? First of all I didnt say that golf is a obstacle to his football career, you are just making things up. I couldnt care less what he does in his free time playing golf, rapping, fishing, idgaf. Jese destroyed his career himself, not because of his 'raps'. He had enough troubles with his fam.

But when it comes to Bale its:

For Jese tho:

Two different standards. Jese had a bad attitude, he was rapping, using his mouth in his free time, big deal. Last time I checked football was played with your feet. Bale on the other hand tho has used his mouth more often than his feet these last months including his agent. Maybe that has caused some confusion to you.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol here is my attention. Enjoy

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently it was a big deal because the man recently played his first football match in over a calendar year after disappearing from the job completely.

Jese is an example of off the pitch issues and interests getting in the way of a career in sports and you're out here comparing it to playing golf. Amazing. Asensio posted clips of himself playing basketball this season. Big deal. I guess we have to police him and send him to a boot camp where its football 24/7. Genius.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Jonathan Barnett (Bales Agent):

Just wow. How entitled is this guy?

Drouchk, Eddie, ahnaf and 1 other person repped this.
  13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I'm only concerned about his complete lack of self-awareness. Either that or he truly DGAF anymore.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Anymore?

Dude came in with this entitlement. He did the same to Ancelotti; demanded the team play around his preference and when the Italian balked he had his agent pay Florentino a visit.

So Cristiano is suppose to conform to Gareth Bale.

Lol this dude just wow.

robnycus repped this.
  15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3265 natenate101, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    I'm listening to the 5 Live interview now. This dude sounds like a total dick. He isn't helping.

Edit: I cannot ********ing stand Guillem Ballague. The most irritating reporter.

Drouchk, ABB94, libertao and 3 others repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This guy is just annoying

Lyra and Drouchk repped this.
  17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bale and his agent live in this alternate reality where he is one of the best players in the world

Lyra, Hsain85, robnycus and 1 other person repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's doing a pretty good job convincing a lot of people in sports publications in English speaking regions that it's actually us who are to blame which is good enough for me when it comes to his market value.

We all agree that Bale's time in Madrid is over so the sooner his agent tries to stimulate his market value, the better for us. I'd sign a deal tomorrow to prevent the risk of it going wrong.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale had his moments here, even some great ones that i will remember for a long time. But we need to thank his agent for doing work to hype him up lol. It's the only way we get the big $$$ for him.

20. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is more than fine by me, his agent is doing us a solid.

Great player in his day and I’ll never forget the big goals he scored for us but his time is up here.

21. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We need him to have a nice run of matches. Then for Zidane to hold firm to Bale needing to move.

Maybe his agent can fetch us €100M

23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst possible outcome is that Zidane gives Bale a chance to "prove" himself Bale does well for a few games, decides he's "earned" his place back, refuses to leave and reasserts all his previous demands.

Flo gives in, no RW is bought and Bale gets injured for 3 months to start next season.

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Prit Javier and girrdib repped this.
  24. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's really sad is that if I had to bet my life on whether he's still here next year or not I would say that he will be here. I genuinely think he will be here, I don't see him getting sold.

It's really f*cked up we are forced to keep a guy that absolutely nobody wants to be here. He is my most disliked player in Real Madrid history.

25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    His agent claims that if Zidane allows him to play the way he wants he’d reach Cristiano’s level lol.

J-Mezzy repped this.