Give Dybala a Holla or Give Hazard a Wazza - Winter Transfers, Rumors and Lies Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Bah... It just means the neymar dream is all but dead. Not that I believed in it that much, but with with Ronaldo staying it means Neymar won't even be interested because he left Barcelona to not be in messi's shadow, and he won't join us to help Ronaldo to win another ballon d'or.

I just hope they won't renew Benz. Please.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess the club thinks Ron's presence will be helpful in sponsorship negotiations if he stays for another 2-3 years. And they probably don't want to force him out when he wants to stay. He's a global superstar who left Utd to join us so it won't look good if we force him out. Even Iker was given a season to recapture form but he only got worse. And we paid part of his wages at Porto.

3. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Haha what the ********?

Digital repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't expect 2 big signs with Ron staying. Either we sell Benz and splash big on Kane or even BBC could stay with us going for an unhappy star like Icardi or a young striker. Maybe Benz will be rotated more then. Seems like it's very hard to get out of the BBC cycle.

Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't see Benz being removed as a first striker, much less being sold, with Zidane here as a coach. So that's Benzema staying and Ronaldo as well (if he gets the new contract) so that leaves out Bale.

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unfortunately this is how I view it at this time as well,

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This was to be expected. I'm not surprised and to be honest as long we don't increase the length of contract by even a day I am OK with it. It's not like giving him a raise is going to bankrupt us as a club. Dude is one of the biggest sporting brands in the world so he brings in money to the club as well. Now has he earned it? That's debatable. This season is trash but last season he was the single biggest (not the only, don't @ me) factor for our CL and Liga win. But as soon as Messi got that disgusting extension and Neymar got his money anybody could see Ronaldo was going to ask for it. That's just normal business practice.

For those who were/are hoping for a BBC clear out this summer. That's not gonna happen and it was never gonna happen. Crisiano is here to stay unless there is some major meltdown or upheaval. And if we can slowly reduce his role I am OK with it. IF we had signed Mbappe that would have meant Bale sold to United and IF Mbappe had played really really well this season that would mean we MAYBE sell Benzema this summer IF he was unhappy with his reduced role. That's the only way 2 of the 3 would have gone. Given where we are now Bale is the only one getting sold this summer. After this summer is over (2018) I think its more than likely Cristiano retires with us because he wouldn't be able to get these wages anywhere else and his ego won't allow him to play in the MLS. And to be honest, if we reduce his role and he understands that, I really don't mind it.

I don't even blame Cristiano asking for a raise after the only other 2 players in his strata got theirs last summer. After all its a business in the end and that's what you do.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So we decide to give him a raise? Lol.

Digital repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn't give him a raise just based on loyalty and marketability but that's just me

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1285 Excape Goat, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    I said that in my last post here.... this is a "glorious time" in the sport. The "Ronaldo vs Messi" is too good to be true. Pele never played in Europe. As far as I am concerned, he only played once against his biggest rival Eusebio in a competitive match(WC 1966), and Pele was injured. People outside Brazil did not know much about his rivalry with Garrincha's Botafogo. I actually used google translate to write a blog on them after discovering almost nothing was written about them in English on the internet. They were better known as two teammates who never lost a single match playing together for the national team. Cruyff's Ajax never played in a meaningful game vs Beckenbauer's Bayern Munich. The two only played once in a big match.... the 1974 WC final.

Ronaldo and Messi played each other at least twice per season for 8 or 9 seasons. All parties involved wanted to continue this rivalry. For money wise, it is good for everybody.... I am talking about Real Madrid, Barcelona, La Liga, adidas, Nike, Bale, World Soccer magazine, Bein Sport, etc.

Seriously, I do not see Ronaldo going anywhere next season. Man Untied is not going to pay 100 million for him and Perez is not going to say bye-bye to the money we generated from him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If we renew Ronaldo then we should sign Modric for life.

If we're going to use the marketing and brand thing for Ronaldo then I fail to see how that'll help if we keep these same results next season.

I mean Ronaldo was pretty bad and he's not even in the conversation for the top 10 this season. I mean I just don't get this.

I'm resigned to what this season has become. I have been for the past three months but we can't have this again next season.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't extend Ronaldo man, we just can't.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    No room for sentiment imo. Be ruthless, ship out Ronaldo while you can get some money for him, get his wages off the bill and invest in the world's best young talent.

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Well, we can afford it. But the issue is that his presence means compromises in the squad. Considering his decline, it is simply not worth it.

Also, he knows perfectly well that he is declining substantially. Which is why he won`t move to another club in which his decline would be even more apparent. He needs this club.

Nathanial Essex and Digital repped this.
  15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Ah. The only club to give out life contracts for sentiment reasons.

We did the same with Raul and look how that turned out.

Did the same to a few players that were well beyond their sell by dates.

******** it, just give them all life contracts.

16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Raul did not bring such amount of money to the club. As result, from commercial stand point it makes sense to bump his salary and having him retire in Madrid.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is on Zidane.

He is forcing Florentino to do this. Damn him

18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    The only player that could replace Ron commercially speaking is Neymar, but Flo, and Zidane finally realized it's an impossible transfer.

So for money reason, they'll keep Ron. Makes sense.

19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Does anyone have any stats around the commercial value of Ronaldo? I dont, but I'm pretty sure it's for one; being overstated and secondly we don't profit annually from him.

20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry to say but at this point Ronaldo is dead weight. Renewing him is absolute madness.

Deep Pal and robnycus repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kane with another big game where he's nowhere to be seen.

Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In his defense, his service was atrocious. Tottenham could barely get the ball out of their half in the 1st half.

Alli and Eriksen were ghosts. Dembele and Dier were routinely getting wrecked by Can and Milner. Not much a central 9 can do if his team can't get the ball to the opposing third.

Anon. repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's been my point all along. A striker that can finish but not create, and those aren't worth anywhere near the price tag quoted.

Digital, HZinho and Deep Pal repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1300 MiamiNative0722, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    You're not going to have a team full of 7s and 11s. You also need a 9 that is lethal in the box.

I think this is the problem in here. We expect that the next Galactico needs to be able to do everything when in reality there are few players in the world that are that versatile at this level. There is no problem with getting a 7 like a Hazard or Dybala to create and getting a 9 like Kane to finish their service.

Hazard and Dybala can create but they can't get the goals Kane can. Are you going to knock them for that? Instead, you only seem to knock Kane because he can't create like 7s or 11s do. These are different roles and there's nothing wrong with being a top 9.

There are very few players that are jack of all trades.