Gilmour (solo, apparently) at Pompeii?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Auriaprottu, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-pompeii-gilmour-idUSKCN0WI2FU

I don't know what to think about this other than that it's a sad moneygrab. I've watched the original more times than I can recall, but this is not the same, and this time I can't help but think of the reason we all know about Pompeii- folks died there. Bringing a crowd? I mean, has there been an Altamont reunion lately? I do get the diff between natural disasters and homicide, but still.

I wish he'd just find somebody to replace Wright and tour under his own name in regular stadia, without the Floyd lights/graphics. This thing doesn't even suggest he's bringing a band, maybe just himself with backing tracks.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Apologies. OK maybe not the same "Pompeii" but I watched the Fox effort at it last night. The Paul Anderson version.

image.jpg

A compilation of just about every catastrophic movie from Gladiator, earthquake, towering inferno to Game of Thones. Well you get it, it's way overdone with one of the crappiest ending thirds you'll ever see on a show.

John Snow, sorry Milo the Celt, er Kit Harrington as the gladiator takes on the Roman who killed his family 17 years previous over the Roman's prospective wife. The Roman played by Keifer Sutherland (whoever told this ham with a face like a spud, he could act, did the screen world a real disservice)

Lots of cut and slash from the gladiators with plenty of gore for those who love it a la TVs Sparticus.
    Great special effects spoilt by a farcical plot.