Gilberto of Arsenal

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by DutchCane, Dec 27, 2006.

1. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Let me first begin by wishing everyone a Happy New Year and hoping that all of you had an enjoyable Christmas, or whichever Holiday you celebrate ;)

Anyway, as a big Arsenal fan I want to say that Gilberto is the perfect captain for Arsenal. He's been a tremendous leader, and a talisman for Arsenal. He refuses to let Arsenal lose and has been a huge reason for the club's success without Thierry Henry in the lineup. Frankly, I believe that he is a better inspirational captain for the team particularly in the aspect of enabling the team to grow. I believe that because he is no a "star" in the sense of being a forward, he is able to generate the sort of captaincy of Dunga and players like Deschamps. I also believe that he should be the Brasil captain ahead of Kaka. I am probably biased but I don't see Kaka being the leader of his club team as I see Gilberto do. In any event, just wanted to post this because Gilberto has become my favorite player in his time with the Club. He imvho will go down as as great a captain as Tony Adams, particularly if the young kids grow the way I believe they will.

2. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've always seen Gilberto as a shy and humble guy. I watch Arsenal everytime I can and I've never noticed Gilberto screaming at others or giving instructions.

A captain must be very active and must be respected by the squad.
    Kaka is both. I don't know if Gilberto is very respected by the brazilian players.