Getting the banned back together: The Chelsea Transfer Ban

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea and the FA have been hit with penalties for breaching of rules regarding youth players.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47329293

For Chelsea, it means a 2-window ban. We will appeal to halve or postpone it.

Ninjatend0 and Dtrip77 repped this.
  2. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Appropriate title....well done.

Knowing our luck we'll be the first club they don't allow to postpone or appeal lol. It's going to be a very interesting summer.

3. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On the bright side it means we are going to have to give 'youth' a go, vultures are going to be a circling but we will have to keep Hazard and CHO as well, they will have to go on a 'free' after next season.

6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The appeal all but ensures that we won't have a ban this summer. The FIFA appeals process is quite long. In all likelihood, we'll miss the next January window, which, whatever.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Somewhat optimistic that we can beat this. Although this one isn't as sudden as it was ten years ago. I have a feeling that FIFA gathered evidence and made sure they had things sorted.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not sure we'll beat it or not. But the appeal at least grants us the summer window, I'm sure.

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, hence why I think this time around FIFA was more methodical about it. And not as heavy handed as last time. Ten years ago we were banned from signing players for two years, so one would think that it could be argued that FIFA isn't objective when it comes to Chelsea.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Sarri is out and this ban is for real, Zidane getting that 300-400 for the window isn’t that outrageous

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, that's a good point. Especially if we are in any way able to unload some other players.

Moses is surely worth 12-15m
    Cahill maybe 5-10
    Drinkwater, we're not making what we bought him for. Lucky to get 15.
    Willian isn't leaving unless we drive him blindfolded to an island and left him.
    Pedro is a good player to have around.
    Alonso just signed a contract, but if Chelsea are committed to Sarriball, he is not a fit.
    Michy, I wish we could try using.
    Bakayoko, I wouldn't mind seeing, but could fetch 30m.
    Zappacosta has lots of interest from teams not named Chelsea.

Then there's the Hazard question. I don't think he fetches as much as a lot of fans think. He's a special player, but 28. Only Ronaldo and Messi have improved with age in the modern game. If we get 100, it would be a miracle. The market is very small and Madrid don't really need him.

Do we buy Higuain? He's better than any striker we have but has zero service.

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect we will unload a few of those players.

One of Zidanes demands was Hazard resigned. So if he comes im guessing that means we’d have spoken with Hazard and confirmed he will stay.

However, if Sarri stays and he’s Real bound... Isco and 30 for Hazard would be a massive win in my book and don’t think it’s outrageous either.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Time to sell Chelsea back to Ken Bates.

Wrath repped this.
  14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D

I still remember the electric wire he erected around the pitch in the 80's (on TOP of the barbed wire). He must have had a surplus from his dairy farming business. Treated the fans worse than he treated his cattle.

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Oh stop complaining. The only barbed wires in the 80s that I remember were on the "other" side of the Iron Curtain. :)

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He bought the club in 1982 for a quid.
    One pound.
    An entire Football Club for £1.

. . . the fence was soon dismantled after the local council refused him permission to turn the electricity on.

Bates described the chelsea supporters as parasites.

"I don't believe evil should triumph and he was an evil man ... This is a much happier ship at Chelsea now he's no longer around" - Ken Bates on Matthew Harding.

He did recommend publicly that some body should shoot Kate Hoey. Which iss not a bad idea after all.

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A) not a complaint, just an observation
    B) that explains EVERYTHING :D

18. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ken Bates may have been (still is?) a bit of a loathsome man at times but we can all collectively thank him for saving our football club, he had a hell of a battle with Marler Estates and like it or not the hooligans at Stamford Bridge nearly killed the club..............you think Chelsea Football Club is a mess right now then you should have seen it in the early 80's! My father used to take me back then but even as a small boy I could sense the 'poison' about the place, we used to sit in the 'family enclosure' and be just one of a handful, I can still remember the National Front actively handing out flyers at the front gates!! I remember reading somewhere that Chelsea Football Club was the ONLY club that was actually running a LOSS on the matchday lottery! A belligerent stubborn bugger like Bates was the ONLY chance we had.

Wrath repped this.
  19. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... plus assumption of debt and other obligations. Not to defend the guy. In the end, it turned ou to be a pretty good investment.

20. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
  21. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Freeze on the transfer ban during appeal has been denied.

Next step: Ask Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) for temporary ruling.

Remarkable.

If you ask about how this affects Pulisic, please go grab yourself by the collar and lead yourself into the nearest dumpster/bin/trash pile.

Dtrip77, yasik19 and Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean that was expected. The only thing I’m surprised about is the time it took. I’m guessing it’s the Court of Arbitration that will add the real time and give us the summer window.

23. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess we didn't pay off the right fifa personnel.

Dr_Intoxicated and truefan420 repped this.
  24. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    from what i understand CAS can't even step in until the fifa appeal process is over, meaning, the ban will likely be in effect by the time we can even start the CAS appeal.