Getting around Russia

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Simon Overall, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Trackball

Trackball New Member

FK Spartak
    Russia
    May 31, 2018
    Moscow
    If you have a ticket for the match, then you are entitled to receive a free ticket at the box office. A lot of volunteers are now at the airport. They can help you.

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot the most important one - Tinder

wixson7 repped this.
  3. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
    From DME airport you will reach terminal Paveletsky ( metro Paveletskaya).

To use the right to travel to Aeroexpress without payment will be able to fans of Moscow matches, volunteers, persons included in FIFA lists, as well as non-accredited journalists.

For the trip, you need to have the following documents with you:
    - fans of sports competitions held in Moscow - a fan's passport (Fan ID) and a ticket for a Moscow match;
    - Volunteers - a volunteer card and a special travel ticket obtained at the accreditation centers;
    - persons included in the FIFA lists - accreditation card and special travel ticket obtained at the accreditation centers;
    - non-accredited journalists - a journalistic certificate and a special travel ticket obtained at the accreditation centers.

The fans will be able to issue a travel document at Aeroexpress ticket offices within 2 days before and 2 days after the date of the match, as well as on the day of the match, presenting the necessary documents. A ticket for one match can be used to make no more than 2 trips in a car of the standard class.

[​IMG]

4. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
    ;) I don't use it.

5. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
    Thanks to everybody that's contributed so much helpful advice to this thread. I'm coming very late to the party (I thought this would be the first WC or EC that I'd miss out on since 1994, due to family illness but that's changed now), so I spent hours poring over this thread and recommended links yesterday. I'm mainly concerned with travel between the two semi finals. A couple of questions:

- How long should I allow to get from the stadium to the airport after the SPB semi and what's likely to be the quickest route? Does anybody have any practical experience, please? Public transport into town and back out again looks tortuous, so should I pre-book a car/taxi to the airport from a specific meeting point outside the stadium security perimeter? Shuttle bus?

I ask because S7 has direct flights from SPB to Moscow, leaving at 01.50 (also 01.20 and 01.40) and 03.30. I am concerned that 01.50 might be too tight, given the possibility of ET and pens. The flights are expensive but flexible, so I can cancel if better options become available.

- How about time and best route to the main train station, please?

There's a 01.15 free train, although that requires Moscow tickets, which I don't have yet. I have SPB tickets but they won't get us on a free train until the extra-slow one at 05.14. There are a few paid 2cl berths on the 02.40. As recommended, I've registered on tutu for alerts for any Sapsan returns. Any other tips, please?

6. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
    If you don't have a lot of laggage you can take metro (subway) and reach station Moscovskaya. From Novokrestovskaya station you will spend about 30 min, and there you can take bus number 39. It has been going from Moskovskaya metro station to airport Pulkovo (about 25-30 min). Or you can take Taxi from mtro Moskovskaya.
    https://yandex.ru/maps/2/saint-pete...9.972861,30.222164~59.799443,30.274260&rtt=mt
    If you take taxi:
    https://yandex.ru/maps/2/saint-pete...rtext=59.972861,30.222164~59.799443,30.274260

playedwinger repped this.
  7. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    Great advice, just take taxi from Moskovskaya, altogether should be about an hour or so. You can pay cash in rubles for yandex.taxi, not sure about uber, but probably the same.

8. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
  9. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    Free local transportation is only on the game days with physical ticket and yes, they check if you have fan id and a ticket. Not sure if the train from the airport is considered local or not.

10. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
  11. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
  12. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The airport express is free on the day, the day before, and the day after the game as long as you have a ticket and it's for a Moscow based game. I used the airport express the day before an day after the Saudi-Russia game. However, on both occasions, it was free - I just had to show my ticket and fan ID at the ticket window.

13. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
    Thanks. Is that an hour altogether for the whole journey, including getting out of the stadium and walking to the metro, please? How reliable do you think that estimate will be after a World cup semi-final?

I ask because with Extra Time and Pens, we may not be getting out of the stadium until almost midnight. Much more than an hour and we won't make the flight at 01.50.

14. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    It is definetly very tight, but what other choices do you have? There are always taxis cruising around moskovskaya. Definetly get your boarding passes online and, hopefully, only carryon luggage.
    Work out metro station changes beforehand.

15. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
    look at this:
    http://pass.rzd.ru/static/public/en?STRUCTURE_ID=5238

16. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Yes you can the fee is like 200 rub fur refund. Also I'd recommend putting an alert on the convinient train departures you'd like on https://www.tutu.travel/poezda/ and then when they email you when someone cancels their ticket you can buy it from RZD.

17. Fussball_eh

Fussball_eh Member

May 26, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I am going to the quarter final in sochi. Are there free FIFA shuttle buses from Sochi to Adler?

Thanks.

18. futbowl

futbowl Member

Barcelona
    Mexico
    May 17, 2018
    I arrive july 2 to St petersburg and will watch match 55 Jul 3. Can I still get free transport?

19. Lyudmila Tatarov

Lyudmila Tatarov New Member

FC Barcelona
    Spain
    Jun 11, 2018
    I'm wondering if anyone's flying Aeroflot and has carryon - do they actually measure the carryon? I'm afraid mine might be half a centimeter too large, so I want to know if I need to hustle to find a new one that is actually 55 cm.

20. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
    The rules of Aeroflot became stronger last years, but each of flights is different. They can check a carrion or can not do this. Who knows?! It is better to have a carrion in accordance with the dimensions.

21. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
    For spectators and accredited persons there will be free buses marked "S".

The shuttle S1 will run from Sochi airport through the Adler railway station, the Izvestia health resort, the Svetlana boarding house, the fan zone on the Platanovaya Alley to the Sochi railway station. Shatly will work from 5 to 12 June and from 10 to 12 July from 6:00 to 24:00. From June 13 to July 9 from 05:00 to 03:00.
    Shuttle S2 will go: the station Sochi - Platanovaya Alley - boarding Svetlana - health resort Izvestia - railway Adler - ost. railway station Olympic Park. Time of operation of shuttles: in the days of the match three hours before and three hours after the match, the interval of movement is 10 minutes, at peak hours - every 2 minutes.
    Shuttle S3 - from the airport in Sochi to the railway station Olympic Park will work around the clock with an interval every 15 minutes.

The stadium "Fisht" is located in Adler on the territory of the Olympic Park in Imereti resort. You can get there by different types of transport.

The easiest way to get there is by the suburban electric train "Swallow". On the route "Sochi - Olympic Park" trains in the days of the championship will go from early morning until late evening with an interval of up to 10-15 minutes. The journey takes 45 minutes. The train also stops at the stations "Matsesta", "Hosta", "Adler" and "Olympic Village".

From Krasnaya Polyana to the Olympic Park, you can also drive to the "Swallow" in 55 minutes. On the way, only one stop is the village of Esto-Sadok.
    A ticket to the park from Sochi costs 57 rubles, from Adler - 15 rubles. For spectators of the World Cup 2018, volunteers and persons included in the FIFA lists, on the day of football matches, travel on the routes Imereti Resort - Airport, Sochi - Airport, Rosa Khutor - Airport, Sochi - Imereti Resort, Sochi - Rosa Khutor, Rosa Khutor - The Imereti Resort will be free of charge upon presentation of the entrance ticket for the match or appropriate accreditation.
    For free travel on an electric train, it is necessary to issue a "free ticket", otherwise, if you do not have it, you will have to pay the fare. To issue a "free ticket" it will be possible at the ticket office or at the controllers directly at the turnstile, by presenting accreditation cards. "Free ticket" can be issued immediately in both directions.

Fussball_eh repped this.
  22. aleefimov

aleefimov New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 21, 2018
    For everybody, let introduce the video about transport in SPB during WC has been going.

23. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    don't know about the size, but I was hustled by a russian lady-womanned (instead of manned) desk who weighted my carryon and said that it has to go to baggage. Happened in stpete/KLM and the carryon weight limit is apparently 8kg/17lb.

24. Lyudmila Tatarov

Lyudmila Tatarov New Member

FC Barcelona
    Spain
    Jun 11, 2018
    Wow, this was with Aeroflot? Because their website clearly states 10 kg, which is 22 lb. I'd traveled wow air several times previously, they claim to measure and weigh everything, but they did it once in 2016 and not once since then

25. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    KLM, everyone seems to have their own rules, so i had to stay in amsterdam without a toothbrush and a shaver....grrrr