Getting around Russia

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Simon Overall, Oct 2, 2017.

1. DJPedram

DJPedram Member

Manchester City
    Iran
    Feb 20, 2018
    free-train schedule for ticket holder. it is asking me the following information:

Number of FAN ID or number of FAN ID request Ticket No. or confirmed order No.

a) where do i get above information?

b) i have applied for fan-id today, its say there is 72 to process the application. i have asked for them to mail me the fan-id. do i get a electronic copy of it also, so I can fill above information

c) where can I get my ticket information. i recently on phase #2 won ticket. but it doesnt say the ticket # nor confirmation order #.

this process is so confusing.

2. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    The FAN-ID number is on the SMS they send you, the emails, and on the screen when you finish your signing up. You will need this later to check status updates so make sure you find this.

The ticket request number is in your ticket portal under my requests above the request that has your tickets relevent to the train you want to book. It is also in the confirmation email that they will send out in a few days time.

The process is not confusing but rather straightforward, but because you are trying to book the trains before the proper emails have come out you are getting these troubles. See you in Russia.

3. DunMacLeod

DunMacLeod Member

Oct 31, 2017

https://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en

If you need help with it, or anyone here, please tag me. Will be happy to help!

And I've got a free train from Sochi to Rostov, so keep an eye on the free timetable, it might give you what you need and it has been updated lately with lots of new stuff!

4. DK-BK

DK-BK New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    I am trying to book the free trains, but it says my ticket confirmation number is incorrect (i use the one i received in the e-mail), anyone else having this issue and knows how to get around it?

5. DJPedram

DJPedram Member

Manchester City
    Iran
    Feb 20, 2018

my fan-id is approved. do I have to wait for the email confirmation or can I just use the Request ID?

6. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Request ID is fine.

7. Seems comment above.

My guess is the systems updated.
    The trains site is hitting stale data.
    Nothing to do (for us) but wait a day or so.

8. DJPedram

DJPedram Member

Manchester City
    Iran
    Feb 20, 2018
    I have tried Request ID, it doesn't work. I am guessing it needs actual ticket #.
    or I have to wait until I get the email.

9. DJPedram

DJPedram Member

Manchester City
    Iran
    Feb 20, 2018

Has anyone received any emails. I got my card charged on 20th.

10. 3LionsCoaching

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 16, 2017
    Glad to see Im not the only one having issues with the ticket ID. Im concerned that because only half my request was approved, my ID won't be "recognised" as good with the trains. Guess I'll hold out for the email.

11. DJPedram

DJPedram Member

Manchester City
    Iran
    Feb 20, 2018

Same both as you, only half of my request got picked. i guess will have to wait until Ticket confirmation # is provided.

12. Mine was not partial, but I did request CAT2 but got downgraded to CAT3.
    But on the site it says 'Successful' without any qualifiers.

13. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    guys i found plane tickets from NYC to moscow for 760 dollars. i think that is a great price. the airline is FINNAIR which is an airline from finland, i saw good reviews about them online. what you guys think?

wixson7 repped this.
  14. Do it. I saw about the same direct from JFK to Moscow, but that was 3 months ago.

Though you'll have to stop in Helsiki...still, good deal.

alianza4life! repped this.
  15. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do it, any scandinavian airlines is reliable.

16. bbffc97

bbffc97 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have a bit of a dilemma. I was lucky enough to get a TST4 Australia in the first sales phase, meaning that after our final group game in Sochi on the 26/6 I either need to head to Kazan or Nizhny Novgorod, depending on whether Australia scrape into second or I’m following the winner of our group instead.

I’ve booked a flight from Sochi back to Moscow and was rather hoping to cover my bases by booking a free train from Moscow to each of those destinations, then just cancel the one I don’t end up using (the alternative, booking last minute flights, has my credit card a little terrified).

But I just tried to book the Moscow-Kazan train with the ticket application number for my TST4 and it rejected it. Am I going to have to wait until after the group stage to get this? If so, any idea what chance I am of getting a train?

17. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I booked a free train from Sochi, towards Moscow, with the idea it's going to stop at Rostov.

Any way of confirming that?

18. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Not yet. They are coming out with a list of extra places along the route that the free trains will let people get on or off at soon.

19. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Is anyone else looking to attend back-to-back quarter finals? I have tickets for Kazan (6th) and Samara (7th) but haven’t decided on a mode of transport.

Fastest options ( I can see):
    - Flight (via Moscow) 4 hours
    - Drive 5 hours
    - Train 18 hours (!)

Has anyone found anything better or any news on direct flights?

20. cudcud

cudcud Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I managed to get tickets to Germany Sweden in Sochi on the 23rd and England Panama the following day in Nizhny. The Germany game starts at 9 and the England game 3 the next day. Does anyone know if it’s possible to attend both games. Can’t seem to find an overnight flight that works

21. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I did a search in Google Flights. There's a UTair flight that leaves Sochi at 6am on the 24th that arrives in NN at 12:20pm which goes via Moscow VKO.

Alternatively, there's a Ural Airlines flight which leaves Sochi at 3:55am and gets into Moscow DME at 6:15am. You may be able to catch a high-speed train from Moscow to NN.

22. spyderbil316

spyderbil316 New Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Hi all, I’m new to this forum. Just got my confirmation for my tix this afternoon.

Just wondering, I have had a look at the schedules of the free train station and it looks frightening! A train ride from Moscow to Sochi would take close to a day (23 hrs) to make my way there. I have also seen some trains with even longer times. Is it worth to get on the free train or should I look to get my plane tix?

I got allocated tickets to Spain vs Portugal (Sochi) as well as Spain vs Iran (Kazan). Is the free train ride only valid on the day of the game? Or am I eligible to take it through Russia during my stay? Any idea? Thanks

23. DJPedram

DJPedram Member

Manchester City
    Iran
    Feb 20, 2018
    got my email confirmation, tried applying for free transportation, i am still unsuccessful.

24. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You need a Fan ID first.