Get your RSL jersey before they sell out!

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by the cup, Feb 25, 2005.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  2. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but it makes his complaint legitimate... :rolleyes:

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Checketts has mentioned that he first learned to appreciate soccer by watching Real Madrid games (he also served in Spain on his LDS mission).
    With a name like Real Salt Lake, there is an obvious reference and respect for Real and Spain in general. Will this translate to a closer association between RSL and Madrid, who knows. We know Checketts wants there to be a connection.
    But in the mean time, RSL can give props to Real Madrid and their nation by placing a Spanish flag on the sleave.
    I think it looks nice.

4. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the spanish flag on the sleeve is absolutely ridiculous. If they put it there on the sleeve on purpose, they should be shot. If someone was just dumb enough NOT to realize that it's the spanish flag, they should still be shot. There is no reason at all to have it there. I guess they just couldn't leave it alone. But hey, spanish name... spanish nats jersey... might as well have the freakin' flag on there.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jason, do you like shooting people?

6. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't make me pull out my chalk... :mad:

7. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I can't believe that flag is there. I completely agree with you (except for the shooting part). Maybe a Tonya Harding-style beating will suffice instead.

8. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Ha ha ha - spanish flag - madness! Apart from the tenuous claims from Checketts there's no Spanish link whatsoever.

If they're picking random flags they should have gone with the coolest flag in the world, the welsh, which has a monster on it. Well, a dragon at least.

9. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

10. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't agree more about the Spanish flag.

That's EVEN WORSE than the name.

While I like the personnel decisions for the most part, Checketts handling of RSL's identity has been one of the biggest jokes in American top level sports, just ahead of "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim." (although, hopefully they update theirs, now that Disney has sold them)

11. jfranz

jfranz New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Seriously? A Spanish Flag?!

This whole thing is getting "real" ridiculous; as in royally embarassing. They're sure not making it easy to be a fan.

Let's hope the action on the pitch helps us out a bit.

12. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? That's got to be up there. What is it with teams from Anaheim?

13. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Do we know for sure that is the actual jersey, or could it be a photoshopped thang?

I don't understand the spanish flag either.

14. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe something in the water?
    That's another horrid one :)

I guess we should be thankful that the HDC wasn't built there.
    LA Astral Galaxy de Anaheim?
    Ugh.

;)

15. RealSLiCk

RealSLiCk New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    San Diego
    So is Checketts trying to do everything other than what the fans want? He picks a name that finishes at the bottom of the fan poll, chooses the worst patch to put on the jersey, and kicks us while we're down by adding a flag on the sleeve to boast about an affiliation that doesn't exist. Why not put the city flag, or a beehive on the sleeve? At least do something original. Give the team some freaking tie to Utah.

Don't mean to bad mouth senor Checketts, but why doesn't he listen and what is this Spanish obsession?

That being said, I think the away jersey looks really cool, I plan on getting one, and despite Dave's efforts so far I will not switch my loyalty to either of those poser LA teams. Oh, and couldn't MLS have thrown one of those teams down the freeway to San Diego? I guess not!!

Venting done...............for now.

16. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From MLSgear before they were pulled, in case a few of you missed them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. SLCFan

SLCFan Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Utah
    They are very nice.... except for the flag of Spain on the away jersey sleeve

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Not photoshopped.

19. SLCFan

SLCFan Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Utah
    Yep, that is what they look like, I was able to preorder them at the store. For some strange reason, I thought they look better in person. Maybe I was just excited and being a fan or something....

20. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do look a little different. The red on the home jersey is actually a little darker actually. Must be the lighting used when they they took the photos.

21. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In general, the jerseys are simple yet sharp. They don't have any funky lines, fuzzy stripes or the Nike bib look. I would've preferred that they kept the blue shorts for the away kit but the white-on-white is fine though a bit overused by everyteam. They're definitely the best in MLS.

22. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Defo, they're a really nice design.

23. jfranz

jfranz New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Can anyone post a pic of the home shorts? They were on mlsgear yesterday, but there is no long a picture available. Anyone catch an image?

24. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been said by team officials that the entire home kit will look a lot like Spain's. So for the shorts, just look for Spain's shorts and you'll be pretty close. From what I can gather.

25. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Well uh.. I like the colors and everything, but I'm not really all enamored with Spain, necessarily... I'm still confused by the Spain flag. Did they just order a bunch of Spain jerseys and accidentally left the flag on?

I thought the SL in RSL was the most important part.