Gesundheit! Etchu Tabe at Ekenas IF

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by manutd02, Dec 7, 2009.

1. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ykkönen season finished this past weekend and RoPS won the title by two points and will be promoted to top division. According to Soccerway, Etchu Tabe played 18 of 26 matches in 2010.

5. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Etche Tabe's contract expired, along with those if the majority of the team. He hopes to re-sign with the club; however, now that they have been promoted to the top tier RoPS may be looking to upgrade. Tabe was their best defender and one of their top players overall when healthy so hopefully he will have some decent options during the winter transfer window.

6. RoPS

RoPS New Member

Apr 21, 2007
  7. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. krr internationalist

Nov 24, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Etchu Tabe had very good last season with Rovaniemen Palloseura (RoPS). He was one of the best centerbacks in Ykkönen (second tier) featuring in 18 matches while RoPS promoted as number one in the league under Welsh manager John Allen's command.

Most of matches Tabe played with either young Finnish central defender Jarkko Lahdenmäki or Zambian Stephen Kunda (1 cap for Zambia) as his centre back pair.

Hard season for them still ahead as they have been going up and down the last few years.

10. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any new news on Etchu. I haven't spoke to him in months.

11. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a little more digging, I have found all the RoPS players (9 now) that have been implicated. They are Stephen Kundan, Godfrey Chibangan, Francis Komben, Valter Khorguashvilin, Christopher Musonda, Chanda Mwaba, Nchimunya Mweetwa, Chileshe Chibwe, and Pavle Khorguashvili. Thankfully, Tabe seems to be univolved in the debacle. All those mentioned have been released from the club. RoPS currently only has 12 players available for their next match which is a domestic cup game on Sunday against Vaasa. This is being called the worst period in club history.

14. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Wow match fixing in Finland! Good that Tabe is not involved, man I hope they can get some more players.

15. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its apparently part of a larger international investigation and involves several people that were connected to a Belgian match fixing scandal from a few years ago. I'm guessing we will be hearing more about this in the coming weeks.

RoPS management say they are looking for reinforcements for the rest of the season. Perhaps an opportunity for one of our unemployed Yanks.

16. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have not read The Fix by Declan Hill, I would highly recommend it. The Belgian case and many others are discussed at length. It is also interesting that Michel Platini recently made an effort to reach out to European governments to help in cracking down on match fixing. This is the first time UEFA has ever admitted that there is a problem, even though the problem has been around for quite some time.

If you read the book, you will also find that this is a textbook match fixing scenario, right down to the fixers being from Singapore.

No, I am not Declan Hill, or his dad;)

17. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Tabe, this would be something totally v. what he's about.

18. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tabe assisted on the winning goal today

19. DC_United

DC_United Member

May 8, 2008
    If he ever makes it to the Nats level, I hope we can start a trend - every time the announcer mentions his name we all shout "Bless you!"

20. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KuPS will be in the 2012-2013 Europa League since they were the runners up in the cup to champions HJK. KuPS finished 8th in the league.

22. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tabe has a knee injury that will sideline him until March but thankfully does not require surgery.

23. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right on schedule, Tabe may be available for the match this weekend.

24. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tabe was in the squad as KuPS beat MYPA 1-0 in midweek to advance to the Finnish Cup final.

They will face Honka, who are currently 9th in the league, in the final to be played on the 28th.

KuPS are 10th in the league and are 5 points clear of the league's only relegation place with 9 games to play.

25. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States