Germerica: 5/3

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by socal23, May 3, 2014.

1. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Tim Chandler played the full 90 in a 2-0 loss to Hannover 96. Chandler also got a yellow card.

John Brooks played the full 90 in a 2-0 loss to Werder Bremen. Also received a yellow.

Fabian Johnson went the full 90 in a 3-2 loss to Borussia Dortmund.

Joe Gyau came on in the 61st minute during the 3-2 loss to Dortmund. (happy to see Gyau getting minutes...)

dwsmith1972, Hararea and wixson7 repped this.
  2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Anyone watch these to give review of our boys? I should be watching FJ in the fullback position....but NBC has such great EPL coverage.

3. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I didn't watch any of the games personally. From what I gathered on Twitter, Gyau didn't see much of the ball. However, he did showcase his insane pace (which is no surprise).

I think it's great news Chandler played the full 90. Definitely think he gets called in...

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

Actually, he took large part in three big scoring chances in the last five minutes, including a shot just over and a header wide.

Winoman repped this.
  5. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    From reading the forums Chandler played well however he picked up his 5th yellow so he'll be suspended next match.

6. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I might've looked before the game ended. That's great news, though.

You guys think Jurgen brings him in for a look?

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Nope, 0% chance. We are good on wingers. Hes coming along nicely, no doubt. Olympics and Russia are his time.

8. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he can't get re-injured before May camp. :)

9. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    While I think it's unlikely he gets called in, I wouldn't say we're good on wingers at all.

Playing Fabian at left back hurts the width considerably. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Chandler at left back, with Johnson at left mid and Bedoya on the right.

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

I would not imagine so, but then again, Klinsi usually has a surprise in there somewhere.

11. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Agreed. I think he'll be there. The big thing for him was getting match fit and it sounds like he's up to full speed.

12. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That's probably a good thing, I believe that was his match, in which to get hurt again, anyway.