PBP: Germany vs Wales Oct. 15 (R)

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Oct 11, 2008.

1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How much more? He looks very good to me now.

2. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Defense...he didn't work that well with Lahm defensively against Russia

3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Manchester, I agree on your second paragraph. I also think Jones is worth being played and risking that better passing to have his defensive abilities on the game (NOTE: This is IF he adapts, Rolfes if he doesn't). For Trochowski, for what he has shown in the past 2 games, he's nearly there for me. Improve on defense a bit because it seems he completely forgets to defend many, many times and Lahm is isolated on quite a few situations all by himself. He should learn when to pass and improve his finishing a bit more, and he'll be ready. By 2010 if neither Marin or Ozil deserve to start, he will most likely be ready.

I don't particularly think Hitz really is that gifted at passing. He has some occasional dangerous through ball and is overall ok at passing, not bad or good in my view.

This is completely false, his ability to hold the ball at times and run back to defend is what made him start for Bayern for so long when he played crap. His will to run back and defend has been his strength for a while now. It simply is. ;)

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    mate, if trochowski plays like he has been the past few games, he WILL be a starter in 2010. Piggy can move to the middle if need be with someone like Marin or Oezil on the right. Trochowski ain't no stopgap.

And how about adler? He looks like he belongs in that shirt for a long long time from right now. If only gomez had that feel from the start...

Helmes looked good today

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, the obvious one is tracking back. The formation Germany plays, they do rely on their flank players to track back, not only because their central midfield isn't shaped to destroy, but also because of the nature of Germany's fullbacks.

Other than that, Trochowski needs to become a more efficient passer. He's far too erratic right now and has to refine his decision-making abilities. Too often will he put himself and sometimes his teammates in difficult situations, for example tight spaces, when he neglected the obvious pass. This will all come in time though, hopefully and with experience. I would like him to play in the biggest stage available though, but unfortunately Hamburg isn't in the Champions League.

What's most important for Trochowski is to become a permanent member of the first eleven and for that to happen he needs too add these traits to his trade because there will be games where his quick feet, and shot power won't be needed, and he has to assist the teams in other areas. Right now he doesn't have that and he's not reliable. Against teams that don't allow space and time on the ball and constantly press, Trochowski would be a waste of space, literally, so it's important for him to refine his game to the suitable modern game, for the lack of a better word. His progression has been impressive but as opposed to the rest on this forum, I still don't think he's as close to that ideal and at least two more years away.

6. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes

Based on his germany games of late, his decision making has improved a lot...way better than it used to be. So I think he's better at it than you think so, but then again you may have seen him in better quality (i have yet to download a game or watch it on tv since i got here 2 months ago almost).

7. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    I really dont know what sky sports is smoking. The welsh are lucky that the Germans didnt drink their "Zielwasser" tonight. We could at least have won by 3 or 4 goals. In the end the welsh caught the germans just a couple of times outside but the way the Welsh played defending with 10men against the ball didnt really make them deservers of anything TBH.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Typical English bias. It's palpable and not worth looking at, even in the slightes.

I can't imagine what a part they'll throw should they beat Germany in the upcoming friendly. No word after their last Wembley embarrassment but I'm sure should they beat Loew's experiment, the press will be all over it, and methinks Germany will get the worst of it.

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but the bbc article got the game spot on

just the reporter who did it for skysports seems to have not watched the game

11. Projekt4

Projekt4 Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lübeck
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't disagree on anything you said on Trochowski.

I don't see him as a star/long-term ideal regular of the team now or in the future (although he can improve further; first he was in dire need of self-confidence, now he has plenty of that, he needs to do more for the team again on occasion), but for the next two years at least until Özil/Marin put him under pressure he's exactly the piece of the puzzle which went missing when Schneider (not a star player himself) left. Think about it, we had Clemens Fritz playing in midfield earlier this year...

IMO Trochowski is proving integral to the World Cup qualifying campaign which vindicates the trust Löw put in him.

12. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And vindicates me (at least in my crazy little mind) for saying Löw was a coward for not using Trochowski during Euro 2008.

He could have made the difference in that final........ ;)

13. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I really hope Trochowski keeps up the good work. I have to admit that I had lost my hope for him. I thought he'd be the eternal talent: Great potential but never fully accessing it.

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With too early and in its kind too strong judgements this forum is very fast, right.

15. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    It is, but I don't see it here...

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Other way around, buddy-boy!...Wales where lucky to escape with only a 0-1 with the way Germany were shooting.

Was it 30 shots or something ridiculous like that??

17. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know...what a comment eh!

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I actually think both comments are correct.

While Germany had a HUGE LEAD in shots at goal, Wales only needed one and they certainly had chances for that.

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True, but if Wales had scored, Germany certainly seemed capable of creating the chances up front to retake the lead. I cannot predict the future but judging by the opportunities, and the more opportunities created – chances increase, I’m sure there was a good chance of this. But to say Germany was lucky to escape with a win? I would not say Germany were lucky to win or Wales unlucky to lose. Wales didn’t get it done and Germany did and they could have made it worse had their shots not been blocked by defenders or hit the goal bar or gone wide. With the attack that was being thrown at the Welsh they actually should be happy it wasn’t worse of a defeat as the shoreline did little to show the game itself. Germany should be happy with the win – but to say Germany should count themselves lucky to have won. I don’t think so. Not with this match. With Russia, maybe, but not today.

20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Agree with all your comments. But....when one is only 1-0 up it only takes a minor f-up (Lahm anyone?:D) to draw level. I think that was Keith's point.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Quote:

"...could have been proud of their performance in front of their 15,000 travelling supporters."

If the Welsh had 15,000 fans at BP, there must have been 40,000 Russians (instead of 10,000) in Dortmund last weekend. :p

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

See, now you're dealing in "what if?"

"What if" means nothing.

And I never said Germany was "lucky" to win. I only meant to convey that the scenario involving "anything could have happened" in that match is true.

Believe me, I know the right team won.

But the FACT remains, Wales only needed one goal and they had good chances to get it.

So, in my opinion, the other guy wasn't entirely wrong either.

And if you really want to deal in "what if", I think for you to only consider that Germany MIGHT have re-taken the lead is very biased and short-sighted.

How do you know a lucky goal doesn't pump the Welsh up enough to put another one or two past Adler?

You don't know. That's why I don't like dealing in "What if??"

I didn't address the other guy apparently saying Germany was "lucky" to win because that was f#cking ridiculous.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then we agree...:cool:

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    A Science Lesson for the Day....
    Richardson's Law: The longer a Footyfan reply the higher the propensity of the work f#ck showing up. Unless posting to the YA Forum on Donovan. In that case the phrase "punk-ass bitch" will arise a factor of 3x to any statement containing the words "Donovan" and "good".

Richardson Corollary: As the discussion tends towards anything related to Bayern Muenchen, the certainty of the words "Bayscum" or Rat Bastard" approaches 100%.