Germans Abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've been talking to a proper west ham fan (ie. from east london) and joining west ham is not like joining other london clubs. For one the area is the poorest in london, not flash. Neither is the club.

secondly, west ham have a proud tradition of giving young players a big chance (hint to - bayern - hint), and of playing passing attacking football.

thirdly, their owner is very low on money and fan expectations arent big anyway.

fourth, they've been playing very well under zola who has a very grounded feel at the club (if it needed any more of one).

I'd also have preferred napoli but I think he'll be totally fine.

2. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who knows, maybe an EPL club offers 15 million for Marin. ;)

Well, let's wait up how long their rich owners will be able to pay such amounts...

Nevertheless, I think it was a good choice for Savio to move to the Hammers. Congrats!

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Its not that.

West Ham have just paid for them a record fee for a 19 year old striker. Everyone knows that since the Icelandic biscuitman has gone broke that they are in serious shit, and not only that, but they also owe Sheffield United 25 million pounds.

I just don't think its a good investment for a club that is in serious trouble. The Premier League is so close this year that anyone from 7th down can feasibly get relegated, and West Ham are one of those clubs.

Zola might say that he will be given time, but if West Ham are still stuck in the relegation zone (which is very feasible considering they've sold Bellamy, Etherington, Mullens, Bowyer), then he has to come in and if he doesn't produce the goods...

5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    "Savio" surprisingly made his debut tonight, he got to play about 6 minutes and didn't score.

BUST! :D

7. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    Savio got to play 20 minutes today. He was active, taking the ball making good passes and runs. Not bad for his second appeareance in the EPL. He showed that he can keep up with big boys.

8. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Defence and Midfield were excellent and Savio looked promising when he came on"
    "savio looked confident on the ball and put in a good cross"
    "Good result. Savio didn't look out of place at all did he? Some promising stuff, and he nailed Diaby."
    "Great to see Savio getting a few more minutes. He looks excellent - great pace and balance and seems technically good."

comments from kumb.com

9. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fabian Ernst has joined Besiktas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    haha he's a ********ing mega-star lolllll

11. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Crazy Turks. Seriously, Fabian Ernst? Celebrating Fabian Ernst as some kind of messiah? FABIAN ERNST? IST DAS EUER ERNST? :D

12. Chewbaccara

Chewbaccara Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    While I think that Ernst is a good player, I find these pictures rather hilarious. :D

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    They'd have a right orgy if Kuranyi moved there.

14. Franz Gruber

Franz Gruber New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i am in california for a couple months . can someone tell me if there is german footballers playing in the american league? i know jurgen was coaching the los angeles galaxi but i dont know of any other german involved in the msl league

15. Fußballfanboy

Mar 4, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's one that I know of...Michael Ghebru at San Jose...he was on the developmental roster until that was discontinued. I don't know anything about him, so no idea if he'll make their final roster this year. Josh Wicks (GK-LA Galaxy) was born in Germany, but I think he's an American (I could be wrong)...maybe military boy? RSL has Ian Joy, who is not German, came to us from St. Pauli, and has strong ties to Germany, but as an American/Scottish dual citizen, doesn't fit within your original question.

Also, Klinsi absolutely did not coach LAG. They tried getting him, but he was apparently too smart to take over that wannabe high-profile, world-elite train wreck.

Finally, it's MLS, not MSL...get it right!;)

16. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. Franz Gruber

Franz Gruber New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thank you very much. like i said i am new getting to know this american league. i became interested because i am visiting california for a while

18. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why not? ;)

20. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  21. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    "Savio" was involved in West Ham's winning goal today:

http://soccernewsdaily.blogspot.com/2009/03/west-ham-1-0-manchester-cityt.html

Also Baris Özbek and Gala will face Hamburg in the next round of the UEFA cup.

Huth was pretty good in M'brough's 2:0 win against Liverpool. Funny quote from their message board:

"At least Huth doesn't pretend to be a footballer. All his passes are either back to the keeper or out of play."

:D

22. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I was hoping for him to organize a sit-in.

23. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha...that's great stuff. Sounds like good old Huth, I like the big fella, because he is such a fossil in the modern game, an extinct species. They don't make defenders like that anymore these days.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth!