German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    our youth NT recently outside of Arp, don't even choose the best strikers of their age groups. Reese and Iyoha of the 97 leading the line for the U20 WC. Amenyido of the 98 leading the line for the U19 EC. None of those 3 are the best of their age groups or anywhere near the best.

and guess what both tourneys were massive failures.

now even the 99, will we get Yari Otto has our main striker???

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like Tedesco was watching the derby game of Schalke U19 vs Dortmund U19. In which they won 4-2.
    Here's hoping the prospects there impressed as we are getting near the end of the season.

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well to be fair, 1997 is a terrible age group especially at the attack. Putaro hasn’t developed as we expected, Knoll was in the team and Teuchert was injured

I thought Serra, Daferner and Eggestein was seriously injured last season. So they were dropped because of that. Amenyido is a disgrace anyway, I’d brought in Mergim Berisha but as far as I know DFB didn’t even contact him. Warschewski has higher ceiling than Amenyido anyway

1999 is a strong year for strikers, with David Otto and Florian Kruger especially. But again we have Yari Otto there for no reason, maybe he’s really that close to the coach (Schonweitz)

2000 We Have Arp. But I don’t like Hottmann. Jesaja Herrmann should be there regularly. Not sure about Akono but I still think Arp needs a decent backup. Malone mainly plays at LW for Augsburg U19, Ngankam also mainly plays at the Wing

2001 we have Michael Prus as a coach for the 3rd year and he prefers False 9s. We had Grimm, Hartmann, Dajaku, Cakar and Eyibil but none of them is a natural 9. And he doesn’t even bring in a targetman as a plan B. Memisevic keeps being ignored and now he opts for Bosnia, that really hurts; Djermanovic keeps being ignored and he opts for Serbia; Makanda needs another year in Germany. But at least he should take Dautaj, or he’ll be playing for Bosnia or Kosovo soon

2002 we have Ware Pakia, he is more like a natural 9. Adeyemi, David Hummel and Thielmann are more versatile forwards.... maybe Nick Woltemade is a good alternative. U still need some physical advantage at youth level

2003 is a strong year for strikers. Gedikli, Rezai, Gunther, Jamal Musiala and Cencoglu. Not sure about their style and size yet since they are just 14/15...

We will have more and more dual-nationalities in the team. We should stop this false 9 fantasy, or more and more of our natural 9 strikers will be playing for other countries

DFB have to be aware of that too

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Teuchert was not injured for the U20, he was left out as he was focusing on FCN who weren't that for off from the relegation zone. Putaro even if he didn't develop like he should have, he's still better than Reese/Iyoha. Knoll was in the team but as the bench option. Other 97 options still better than those 2 are Cagatay Kader, Tietz, Eckert etc. The fact that Reese/Iyoha were it, is a complete farce and we showed the world at the U20 WC what a joke it was.

Serra, Daferner and Eggestein were injured yet Warschewski was nothing but a bench option at the EC. I'm sure if I make an effort, can easily find better strikers in the 98 group than Amenyido.

99 and 00 there are a number of good prospects strikers yet we end up with Y.Otto and Awuku as being chosen over others.

for 01, I think Dautaj is Kosovo, no? If he gets ignored then yeah you risk also losing him as well.

that is the danger of false 9 or even picking the worse strikers, is that you take away that spot that could be given to a player with more potential for top flight and who have prospects to make the senior NT.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1880 Ger90, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    I think it's a good thing Makanda isn't eligible yet, he gets to skip Prus and the U17 and by the time he's ready he'll be in U19.

@Karl-Heinz Riedle
    who's Jamal Musiala? The only thing I found was that he's in Chelsea and played for the English U15s. Is that the one your talking about?

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    B3B1C2C8-2502-4760-93E2-346B06D047C6.jpeg

Yes he has German nationality

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like Lukas Nmecha

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    uh interesting, there is another Chelsea player though, called Bright Arrey-Mbi, would presume another German-English player? The number of German-English player is increasing every day. As a 98, Lukas Nmecha would have been a good get, too bad it won't happen and his bro Felix Nmecha seems more willing to go for Germany but that seems to be more about lack of England call ups.

although since I looked it up and Musiala seemed to have played for the English youth, so players like Felix Nmecha, Musiala etc are not 100% set on Germany. Seem to be in between, those are the type of players that if Germany doesn't call up as they get older they will walk away like Malik. Getting them to camps is just the 1st step and as a 2003, he's still 2 years away from being provisionally cap tied to Germany. Between now and then would not be surprised if they go back and forth between England and Germany.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1884 Ger90, Mar 11, 2018
    just saw a new update for the U15.
    Kader für den Lehrgang in Kaiserau (25. bis 28. März 2018)Datei herunterladen

this is the 3rd camp this month of March. Rezai is obviously not eligible yet.
    look at this Rhein, Barata and Fust finally showed up. I guess since it seems to be during the International break, they were allowed to go.

since there are no games until June 2018 for the U15s, I would guess the obvious that from these 3 camps they will pick their team for the double header vs Netherlands U15.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1885 Ger90, Mar 11, 2018
    concerning the topic of dual/triple nationals I think the "best ones" are the ones who's other countries are so bad that they don't have any other choice but Germany. Your not going to see Rezai/Amiri/Dahoud and others play for their other choices. Or ones like Thilo Kehrer, Ryan Adigo etc. Or countries with poor scooting will also be less likely to take players.

the danger comes mostly from European countries. Ones like Serbia, Bosnia, Poland, Albania, Turkey etc.As for non EU, there is Ghana and Nigeria, who have plenty of eligible players. I'm pretty sure that Poland and Turkey know majority of the players that are eligible for them, they scout those players. It's like we actually "poached" both Louis Poznanski and Dennis Jastrzembski from Poland, both kids played in Poland youth team, U15s and U16s, before going to Germany. And since they never played any competitive games with Poland, they could still switch down the road. That Bosnian U17 squad had 5 German Bosnians including Malik on it, what does that tell you? Also you look at the U17 and U19 and one sees plenty of German Turks doing well this season.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karl-Heinz Riedle repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well this sucks...

13. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In which world Kader,Tietz and Eckert are better than Reese and Iyoha? But doesn't matter, there are no strikers, 9 or 'false 9', to be found in this age group which will be A-team material, Teuchert the only one with Bundesliga potential

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in the world that we live in. :)

No one is talking about A-Material for the 97 group, not every age group will have 1BL material, nor does anything say that we have to play 1BL material strikers. But those guys Putaro and Torles Knoll are a ton better than those 2. You had your pathetic showing at the U20 WC and you still think that Reese and lyoha are better than those guys. Reese can't even score in any higher division he's played. The kid struggles massively to even score. Even at the U20 WC he showed that.

heard the guy Knoll is moving to FCN who have a good chance at promotion to 1BL.;)

next thing you'll tell me there are no good strikers in 01 group which is why we are playing with false 9 based on the squad announcements.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    after getting a U15 update yesterday and a U17 update today.

Now we are getting a U16 update, as we play a double fixture vs Italy U16 at the end of the month.

Squad.
    https://www.dfb.de/u-16-junioren/team-und-trainer/?no_cache=1

this actually has strikers like Adeyemi, Thielmann and Woltemade. Although no Pakia and I believe Hummel is currently injured.

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, to be fair, the only realistic option is Bleart Dautaj but he isn’t starting regularly for Hoffenheim

Makanda has lived in Germany for 7 years but looks like he needs a few more months for the application to go through (not sure if that’s the FIFA side or German consulate) . It usually takes 8 years but he has advantage because of his refugee status and language skills

Memisevic is now playing for Bosnia

The other option is Alaa Bakir who has lived in Germany for at least 8 years (he played in U10 BL 8 years ago) n if u want a targetman.... maybe Lenn Jastrzemski

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dautaj outside of 3 games, has started every game for Hoff U17 this season. And we let what seems to be a promising striker go because we can't make room for one striker in the squad. Then you have Biskup and Grimm on the back up squad. From that squad and the Algarve Cup one, it's basically ignore all strikers, seems to be the motto. I'm sure there are other 01 that could have been given a chance. Don't people always say that youth levels is about player dev over results, yet we have a coach unwilling to dev any strikers.

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes but Dautaj has been poor other than scoring a penalty this weekend

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Malik isn't doing poorly yet he was ignored, point is that all 01 strikers are being ignored. Will Prus ignore the strikers of the 02 next year? Are we playing Dajaku as a false 9?

Karl-Heinz Riedle repped this.
  20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hav been told by Pakia’s agent that Feichtenbeiner has decided to rest Pakia this time and have a look at other kid, maybe Woltemade

And U17 might play Hartmann or Dajaku up top. Other positions in this U17 is good, we just need a killer up top

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually Lenn Jastremski’s physical attribute can help the team, he his a pivot n can play back-to-goal. Not the most prolific but u can see him as our version of Benteke

But he needs to play more

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    both Woltemade and Pakia scored this weekend. He deserves a chance as I don't think he's ever played in the youth levels, Pakia is known quantity. Another option is Tekin, who's in the back up list but also already known.

that's the problem with U17 no strikers. How hard would it have been to call up Malik, play him 1 game than he would be provisionally cap tied to Germany? Instead no call ups/gets ignored and the kid switches. I would expect that we go into the U17 EC with false 9. If the coach plays like that for the qualifiers than likely to also play like that in the tournament.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    98-Keeper Steven Benda made his debut for Swansea's U23 in a 3-1 win over Leiscester's U23 in Premier League 2.

other Germans (not looking at all the German British players in the UK), who play in the English reserves are 99-Moritz Jenz, an 18 year old CB who plays for Fulham U23.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sad that he seems headed towards wasted potential as he can never stay fit....

I guess based on this, he won't make the U21 squad.