German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    last 2 Germans on whoscored's list.
    9. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen / 18 / AM(C)) - WhoScored.com rating 7.34*
    For a player who won’t turn 19 until June, Kai Havertz has some mightily impressive numbers to his name since breaking into the Leverkusen side last season. The teenager has started just 26 of 39 Bundesliga appearances in his short career to date but has already had a hand in 16 goals. Seven of said goal contributions have come in just 11 league starts this season, including six assists, which only one Bundesliga player can better. It’s Havertz’s ability to play in a variety of roles in the middle of the park, and even up front on occasion this season, that makes him such a prospect, and perhaps even an outside bet for a place in Joachim Loew’s World Cup plans.

3. Leroy Sane (Manchester City / 21 / AM(L)) - WhoScored.com rating 7.73*
    21 at the time this list was produced, Sane has become an integral player to Pep Guardiola’s dominant Manchester City side this season. The winger has what it takes to be a real star turn for the German national side at the World Cup this summer too, so impressive have his performances been from the left of the Premier League leaders’ front three. His end product and decision making not only in the final third but crucially the opposition box have improved dramatically at City, heralding six goals and a joint European-high of nine league assists this season, despite starting just 15 of 20 appearances.

Epitome990 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1477 Ger90, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Naby Keita is suspended for next weekend's Freiburg game. Could be an opportunity for the youngsters.

this is one of the things that's good about Kuhn leaving, he goes to Ajax where he'll have better chances to breakthrough while his leaving opens up chances for Abouchabaka, Ludewig, Majetschak , Stierlin.

If he had stayed, then one of those 4 would be less likely to get chances. Also RB seems intent on their having 3 players from the youth levels at the min.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's what Dortmund's 3rd youth/reserve player to leave this Winter? Still think Dortmund, Bayern and RB are among the worst clubs for academy/reserves to jump. And funnily all 3 are ones obsessed with trophies and winning.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    950090272536518656 is not a valid tweet id

ha as we were saying.
    950813591439118341 is not a valid tweet id

951886388630310914 is not a valid tweet id

951933489103982593 is not a valid tweet id

952215129747271681 is not a valid tweet id

Epitome990 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    uh interesting I did not know that promising 18 year old Edon Zhegrova was born in Germany. Although he's eligible for us I hazard he wants to play for Kosovo.

according to wiki he turned down a Kosovo U21 call up because he wanted to focus on his club career.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Steurer, Dietz, and now Lippert are the more notable players to have left Dortmund this winter. There's also a U19 CB Torge Witteborg who moved to RW Essen.

Serra, Sauerland, Reimann, Pflücke, and Ametov should be all be playing at a higher level. Same for Beste who should go out on loan.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    19 year old Florian Mayer is on the Gladbach bench for the 1st time. LOL, let's be honest he's only made the squad because Oxford is gone. This is why I've been complaining about the Oxford and Kent being on loan for a season. Instead of seeing youth/reserves from within getting promoted they waste a spot on players who weren't going to even last beyond 1 season. In the end both were a complete waste as they needed to play a certain amount to be kept all season and even then clubs couldn't do that, so they only lasted half a season.

it's the same with Ryan Kent his departure allowed German eligible, Mohamed Drager to not only make the squad in 1BL for the 1st time but also play yesterday. I thought he did well when he came on, brought some needed energy to Freiburg and they also were more of a threat in the 2nd half too.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    952614591053385731 is not a valid tweet id

Epitome990 repped this.
  11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is there a reason why Itter has been dropped? Didn't Schmidt talk about slowly integrating him. Doesn't make squads, from matchday 10-18, he's only played once and made 1 bench appearance. As well as making 0 cup game squads. I know in some times he was injured but other times he was perfectly fine and failed to make it anyways.

952581018606850049 is not a valid tweet id

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    oh a jump up a level, 17 year old now playing in 4th division.

this season he's played both U19 and Reserves and now he seems to be a reserve player. Pretty much like Batista Maier a 16 year old playing in U19 since the Fall!

14. DrFootball1

DrFootball1 Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Brussels
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    952992248723058688 is not a valid tweet id

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wow that sounds kinda rough for the club.

and if Klos and Voglsammer leave, will be interesting to see what a 21 and 17 year old can do. There is no better time for Putaro to show his worth. Any idea/speculation about promotion from Bielefeld U19 and II?

gotta say Bielefeld now seems like an ideal loan place for Reese.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like this one too.:D
    953004830800433156 is not a valid tweet id

DrFootball1 repped this.
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://m.westfalen-blatt.de/DSC/311...Etablierte-unter-Druck-Der-Jugend-eine-Chance

Apart from Putaro and Massimo, Bielefeld's coach has been trying out the following youth players mentioned: Henri Weigelt (19), Can Özkan (18) and Dersim Kaynak (19), Baboucarr Gaye (19) and Semir Ucar (19).

Hopefully Keanu Staude improves in the second half. He started strong but fell off after. Shame that Nils Quaschner is injured though.

Reese and Knöll need to go to the 2BL. Considering Schalke's situation right now with Teuchert joining and then Uth in the summer, Florian Krüger could benefit from something similar too. Same with David Nieland at Wolfsburg and Wintzheimer at Bayern.

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German eligible Youth making their pro debuts for 1BL teams includes, 1BL, Cup, Europe
    96-Rossipal, Koch, Drager
    97-Richter, Buhler, Lorenz, Uduokhai, Ouahim, Knoll, Kauper
    98-Benger, Otto, Hack, Geiger, Handwerker, Fuhrich, Schmidt
    99-Itter, Dardai, Goden
    00-Arp, Bisseck,

I'm sure I'm missing players from the reserves who might have had a cameo at some point. Doesn't include players who made their debuts last season where they played 1-2 games.

Epitome990 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1495 Ger90, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    It's like Putaro was loaned to Bielefeld last season and then joined them permanently. this season. Even played 15 games had 0 goals and they still kept him. Now look at his dev, scoring while playing out of position and being more efficient. I'm sure other strikers could use the dev.

I read somewhere that it's unlikely Schalke will let anyone from U19 go this season as they want the players to finish their U19 runs. So it would mean Kruger who turns 19 this season is more likely to get a loan in summer if at all. Get the feeling same will happen for Wintzheimer, this is his last U19, guess the clubs don't want to lose key players while wanting to win the U19 championships, also key in the Nations League, one of the top scorers of the tournament. The Dortmund II coach said something about their being 2BL and 1BL interest for their players but ruled out loans in Jan. So also seems to rule out Serra.

From that Reese and Knoll are the best candidates and it's been said that both are in contention for 2BL Jan moves. Hope with this situation at least one of them goes there. Sandhausen is a club still in need of a new striker as well.

Epitome990 repped this.
  21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any news on Johannes eggestein?

Werder Bremen arent playing him, why stay? (and i dont think they will becoz they have plenty of striker options ahead of Jojo)

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have some questions regarding Torless Knoll, if he's that good, how is it possible that Bobby Wood is preferred to him ? Bobby Wood cant score .....

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kinda concern with our younger strikers who are 20/21, just not very optimistic about their future unless they play in 2BL for a couple of seasons:

1997: Reese, Knoll, Putaro, Teuchert (is he gonna play for Schalke at all?)

1998: Johannes Eggestein, Daferner, Janni Serra, (Warschewski should make a move too?)

1999: i see some problems in Wintzheimer and David Nieland. Both needa leave asap

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's simple money talks, people always talk about how in Germany it's about survival of the fittest. That's true when it comes to Academy/Reserves players competing with each other but when it comes to players where a club payed millions vs Academy/Reserves, it's a complete different story. Hamburg payed millions to get Wood and after last season he got an extension. Of course he'll get never-ending chances otherwise it doesn't justify the price.

It's the same reason why Isak/Sancho at Dortmund are ahead of Serra and any Dortmund II or U19 players. Reports have Dortmund payed between 8-9 Million for Isak, same with Sancho, they supposedly payed that much money for him too. What is Sancho's experience.....Youth level and Isak had only 1 season in top flight Swedish football. Of course these players are ahead of reserves/youth who cost peanuts. Notice that once they bought Isak and Sancho they were moved at once to the 1st team....

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he was on the bench on Saturday and this is what the Bremen coach said.

Repost
    Johannes Eggestein creates the breakthrough for the pros in the second half of the season!

"Johannes Eggestein will be much closer to the Bundesliga team in the second half of the season and possibly also come to missions. That he is under special observation of the public, I understand totally. He is a super talent, but especially with talents you should be more patient. I do not see that Johannes is now further away from the Bundesliga than half a year ago. I am absolutely convinced of him and therefore I think that we should closely accompany his development. That's why Johannes and I also have a weekly appointment, and then we talk. Two minutes, three quarters of an hour. Of course he would like to train and play only in the Bundesliga team. But if we all agree that certain things make more sense now, then it's up to me to explain that to him. "
    https://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/...-kohfeldts-blick-nach-vorn-_arid,1682854.html