German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Koln played friendly game in a 1-0 loss to a Spanish 2nd division club.
    Bartels played the full game.
    1st half: Ozcan
    2nd half: Horn, Bader, and Hauptmann

St Pauli won 3-2
    Youth played: Neudecker, Coordes, Becker, Brodersen, Zehir, Carstens, Koglin

Bochum played a 1-1 draw vs Bulgarian 2nd place team CSKA Sofia.
    Youth who played:
    98-Janelt, Saglam
    00-Wellers,
    01-Grave (GK), Romling, Holtkamp

Unused 01-Bella-Kotchap

99-Baack was sick so didn't fly to the Camp while Leitsch is still at Bochum not ready yet didn't go either.

Epitome990 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Bochum youth, an overview of their prospects.
    http://einsachtvieracht.de/2019/01/16/zeit-fuer-neue-junge-wilde/

Players mentioned
    00-Jan Wellers, Omer Uzun (German dual, plays for Turkey), Phillip Aboagye, Michael Martin
    01-Paul Grave, Armel Bella-Kotchap, Stelios Kokovas (Greek), Moritz Romling, Lars Holtkamp
    02-Luis Hartwig, Henry Kree
    03-Alessio Argenziano, Tjark Ernst

wonder if these are all the promising ones or if there could be more that were excluded. Of course 03s most of them are still in U16 leagues, so from there could be more names later.

Epitome990 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

not sure how I feel about this? The 2nd Stendera at Frankfurt gets a pro contract until 2022, also captain of the U19. There was talks that he was attracting attention from other clubs during the season.

on the one hand unlike the other "pro contracts" that only lasts until 2019 (except for Cetin until 2020), Stendera got one until 2022, that's long term. On the other hand, Frankfurt has been a very poor place for players with no pro experience. Still to be seen whether this is another fraudulent pro contract just to get 12 German players or not? Since Knothe seems headed out (loan or permanent).

as for German NT, he's been irrelevant so far.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Akono's star seems to be rising every day, always wondered why he's not more relevant to German NT?

"On the other hand, Metzelder leaves open what will happen in the summer after the end of the season with the son of a Cameroonian father and a German mother. Says only very calmly "Cyrill is still bound to Preußen Münster until 2021 ..."

Fact, however: In addition to Mainz, Bayer Leverkusen and TSG Hoffenheim have also inquired about Akono."
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...freigabe-fuer-talent-akono-59588690.bild.html

seems like Mainz want him this Winter but Munster don't want to sell him now.

not surprising, performs for struggling Munster U19, performs for Munster 1st team in 3rd Liga when he plays and performs vs 1BL clubs in friendly games, where he scores too. Also 1.90 m tall.

Epitome990 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning Frankfurt's issues at youth promotion.

Only a few Eintracht talents have made the leap to the top in recent years. The technical director Marco Pezzaiuoli cares about the players in the youth field and sees not only the Hesse in the duty.
    https://www.hessenschau.de/sport/fu...ein,pezzaiuoli-interview-erster-teil-100.html
    https://www.hessenschau.de/sport/fu...ng,pezzaiuoli-interview-zweiter-teil-100.html

it's a 2 part interview, very interesting read, here are some bits
    hessenschau.de: In your relatively short time in concord, could you already turn on set screws?

Pezzaiuoli: Yes. We train individually and want to make the individual teenager better. For example, we have minimized the places in the years U10 to U14 to a maximum of 4-on-4 fields and set priorities. The base is the one against one. If you worked in the same way throughout Germany, we could bring many talents up again in the medium to long term.

some of the issues are

The coaches have an enormous pressure to perform. They all have the problem of bringing performance and outcomes to the public. There is a lot of pressure, and for the outsider, only the table is crucial. As a result, there is no individualization and promotion in many phases because the coaches only plan from week to week.

Frankfurt's Technical Director Marco Pezzaiuoli aims for a closer integration of professionals and junior staff in the long term. Bundesliga and youth players should train side by side, the talents see their role models every day. "That must be our goal," said Pezzaiuoli in an interview with hr-sport. "The desire to be called, then just close, the identification with the first team even more intense." For this to succeed, a move from U17 and U19 from Riederwald towards the stadium is probably inevitable. "If you want to look far-sighted, you should think about it."

that has been mentioned before about how 1st team and youth aren't anywhere near each other. Seems like reintroduction of Frankfurt II could be a thing too or doing a deal with a small club.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wow what a disappointing move.

Jannis Kubler has joined Jena in 3rd Liga who are currently fighting relegation battle until 2021.

Jannis Kübler: "I'm looking forward to League 3. Jena has a good name in football and Lukas Kwasniok has a coach I know and I really appreciate his work, so I'm looking forward to getting to know the team and the club environment. "

Lukas Kwasniok: "I really wanted him, and of course I am very happy that it has worked to get him to Jena, and I know Jannis as a hardworking, hardworking worker who brings a great morality and absolutely professional attitude But first and foremost he is a really good footballer with a lot of potential and is still in the early stages of his career, and we want to get him on his way and of course we hope he will help us with his qualities. "

Managing Director Chris Förster is also pleased that "we have managed to get Jannis Kübler from Schalke to Jena." Of course, we do not have the financial resources of the district club, but we were able to show the player his perspective and ultimately convince him Step to go. "

sure it's better than Schalke II/OL/5th division and better than RL but that's a 2 and a half year contract to a club that could get relegated this season besides 3rd Liga is pretty far from 1BL. Unless Schalke have a buyback option for him like they do all of the others who left in Summer and he had a contract until Summer 2019 too. His path to 1BL will be the long route. Would not be surprised if we don't see Kubler in 1BL/2BL until 2020, so 3rd Liga (or RL if relegated this season) for the next season and a half.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4882 Ger90, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    with how poor Rudy has been and how much of a waste of money both he and Mascarell has been, wonder why they didn't just promote Kubler instead? I did mention during the season that seems like Kubler will leave in Winter if he doesn't have Schalke 1st team chances and we got the answer.

also if he's in lower than 2BL for 2019-2020 (very likely) and 2020-2021 seasons, than very doubtful he plays for Germany U21 next cycle. That's the problem of both Kubler and Y.Otto, their current clubs don't help them when it comes to Germany U21 call ups.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Valentino Vujinovic who's contracted until 2021 at Karlsruher is being loaned out for the rest of the season to RL for match practice.

Karlsruher are fighting for 2BL promotion will be interesting to see what happens to Vujinovic in Summer, even more so if they get promotion. 00-Malik Batmaz and 00-Dominik Kother could get some 3rd Liga chances though with one less striker there.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Beyer who can play CB/RB.

Beyer: A promise for the future
    At the Telekom Cup, Jordan Beyer proved his great potential once more in the games against Hertha BSC and Bayern Munich. The development of the 18-year-old defender makes Borussia responsible swarm. Also for the second half Dieter Hecking has the young man on the bill.
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ersprechen-fuer-die-zukunft.html#omsmtwkicker

his good form is one good reason why Gladbach likely won't get another defensive player in Winter.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Beyer reminds me of Klostermann for their versatility. I prefer if he develops as a RB though. Especially if the 2000 age group has Bisseck, Mai and even Max Bauer who can be CBs.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    May I ask?

What’s the point of having a DFB Akademie? Any adavnatages out of it?

I am thinking if teams like Bayern Munich n Eintracht Frankfurt(since Marco arrived) are doing their youth work properly, and each club are doing their youth work.... do they send the kids over to DFB Akademie young?

If they trained in DFB Akademie, where do they play their youth matches? Players will join the team during the weekend? I don’t know how it works

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

nice to see F.Muller keeps his #1 position post injury return. With him and Nubel we got 2 good experienced 1BL GKs for the U21 in Summer. Besides it's always nice to see a young #1 in 1BL.

although it was headed that way, friendly games in Winter, it really felt that Mainz were doing much better defensively whenever F.Muller played vs the other GKs.

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone knows how DFB Akademie can help our young players?

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

and this came out of nowhere, Koln loans Bisseck for 1 and half seasons to Kiel until 2020.

Epitome990 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what a surprising Germany U16 squad that will play in UEFA Development Tournament in Feb vs Portugal, Dutch and Argentina.
    Torwart
    Tjark Ernst VfL Bochum 2 0
    Tobias Werdich VfB Stuttgart 1 0
    Abwehr
    Arbnor Aliu FC Schalke 04 3 0
    Bright Akwo Arrey-Mbi FC Chelsea 2 0
    David Herold Bayern München 2 0
    Michael Kostka RB Leipzig 0 0
    David Ludwig Lelle RB Leipzig 2 1
    Dennis Lütke-Frie Borussia Dortmund 4 2
    Neo Oehler SC Freiburg 0 0
    Moritz Reuther 1. FSV Mainz 05 0 0
    Max Rosenfelder SC Freiburg 2 0
    Mittelfeld
    Leon Fust Bayern München 2 0
    Niklas Jessen Bayern München 0 0
    Elijah Krahn Hamburger SV 0 0
    Jamal Musiala FC Chelsea 2 0
    Christian Schwieren Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1 0
    Sturm
    Tekin Gencoglu Borussia Dortmund 2 0
    Lasse Günther Bayern München 4 3
    Mehmet Ibrahimi RB Leipzig 3 2
    Marlon Roos Trujillo 1. FSV Mainz 05 2 0
    Gianluca Schäfer Eintracht Frankfurt 0 0
    Armindo Sieb TSG Hoffenheim 4 2

uf Abruf
    Yassir Atty Borussia Mönchengladbach 2 0
    Luca Barata Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 1
    Nick Breitenbücher TSG Hoffenheim 3 0
    Emrehan Gedikli Bayer 04 Leverkusen 4 2
    Mesut Kesik Hertha BSC 0 0
    Elias Kurt Eintracht Frankfurt 3 0
    Jan Schröder Eintracht Frankfurt 0 0
    Philipp Schulze VfL Wolfsburg 1 0
    Winzent Suchanek 1. FC Köln 3 1
    Jakov Suver VfB Stuttgart 2 1
    Florian Wirtz 1. FC Köln 2 0

I mean really is this back to the deal between dfb and clubs why no Barata, Kurt,Gedikli, Rhein, Denk, Semic etc. The list of missing players that is nowhere on the list is a huge one.

This squad is nowhere near the best possible one.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    besides what I said days ago about lack of striker call ups to other players to give chances. This squad only has Gunther, Sieb (SS) and Schafer for forwards. I mean the guy they give a chance to Schafer has scored 0 this season for Frankfurt U17. The one who's actually performing for Frankfurt U17 is more Mehicevic.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4893 Ger90, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    That Eintracht considers Nils the more talented brother has long been an open secret.

BILD knows: Other clubs had the younger Stendera also in sight. Now he stays with his heart club. Still he should continue to kick in the A-youth, in the medium term to the new midfield engine to be built before the professional defense.

Consultant Florian Goll (also responsible for Timothy Chandler) says to BILD: "For Nils, a dream has come true. He has now reached a first milestone with his professional contract. Now he wants to be sustainable in the Bundesliga and subordinate everything to football. The planning is designed for the next three and a half years. We'll see how fast Nils can get on in the professional field. The boy is burning and full of energy. " His greatest strengths: game intelligence, Abräumer qualities and especially his leader mentality. His role model: Toni Kroos.
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...egt-kader-platz-vom-bruder-59613878.bild.html

looks like 00-Stendera might have 1st team prospects.

tbf, Marc Stendera has big injury history that pretty much made him regress.

Epitome990 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -looks like 98-Schubert is unlikely to renew his contract with Dynamo in 2BL and seems headed for 1BL.
    http://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/markus-schubert-wird-dynamo-dresden-wohl-verlassen/

if he can be #1 in 1BL he has a very good chance to play for the next U21 cycle. I do wonder though with Dynamo having open #1 as well as plenty of other 2BL clubs having #1 with expired 2019 contracts if this will open up chances for some young GKs to play.

-Ingolstadt played vs 3rd Liga club in a 3-1 win.
    XI:Neumann, Gimber, Kaya (only 1st half)
    subs: Sussek, Rinderknecht

and Kaya scored the 2nd goal.

Epitome990 repped this.
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4897 Ger90, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019

concerning Bochum they can't promote all of their talents because they have no reserve team. I agree, I'm in favor of II teams, not sure why clubs think it's a good idea not to have them. It's very brutal to dump all your U19 players after their last eligible season. Some good prospects get injured but clubs won't keep them, pretty wasteful. Even the ones who get promotion seem to be nothing but back ups, why? Because they have no experience and clubs don't seem keen on giving it to them. Majority of 2BL clubs have no II teams, so big amount of players promoted they do nothing but train for too long.

looks like 01-Gudra who's had injury issues good chunk of the season joins H96. Since H96 U19 coach is an ex Schalke coach, they are poaching players away from there from Neiss, Beckenbauer and now Gudra. Makes sense he saw no perspective at Schalke so he jumped ship. Besides 1st team prospects at H96 much better than Schalke.

at Schalke 01-Biskup seems to be doing well there when not injured.

Epitome990 repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hearing some good things about Moritz Broschinski from Energie Cottbus:

"The youngster has already proved that he knows exactly where the goal is. In the last game before Christmas, the native Finsterwalder even managed a four-pack in the A-Juniors' Regionalliga in a 6-0 victory over Erzgebirge Aue. With 15 goals he leads the scorer list in the Regionalliga Nordost.

The A-Juniors sees Moritz Broschinski as a springboard to the professionals. This season, the strong striker has come on three occasions in the third league. His goal: "Of course I want to get into the squad and I want to play as much as possible. I will do everything for it. I always go in and give everything. "

https://m.lr-online.de/sport/energi...den-spuren-von-frank-mill_aid-35710741?pgnr=2

https://m.lr-online.de/sport/energi...rainer-will-jungprofis-verleihen_aid-23859995

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    since most people focus on the 3 1st tier U17 and U19 levels, there are always players from smaller teams that get ignored. Most focus on the U19 of 1BL clubs and that's it. There is talent in many places in Germany. What doesn't help is the lack of data/coverage for the lower U19 levels get. Even Kaya got ignored because Ingolstadt U19 were in lower U19 league last season.

with Dortmund cb injury issues, look like Pieper and Kilian are being mentioned as options besides playing Weigl at CB.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Seems like once a while there's decent prospects from smaller Eastern Germany clubs like Broschinski and Kleindienst at Cottbus. Also Florian Krüger started off from Magdeburg's academy

Ger90 repped this.