German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the most important thing for Jojo at this stage is to get as many starting appearances as possible

Modern football, the three Forward interchanges a lot anyway

And even he is a “winger” he always have chance to play in the centre. Like the long distance shot from him, he did it in the middle

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Jojo can be a Kruse 2.0, that’s very good for him

Kruse is one of the best strikers in the league during his prime and NT bound before his disciplinary issue

Probably the most iconic Werder Bremen player in last couple of seasons

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    since you base everything on elite talent to good talent, ignoring the rest you think can't make 1BL even if they can. You think players breaking through will dwindle for the next 3-4 years?

seems like the dfb won't improve until we get closer to EC 2024.

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just bare in mind, no winger is “traditional winger” these days

Not many wingers go to baseline n cross. Tactically they let the fullbacks to do such work... n the modern wingers are the one who get into the penalty box a bit more... to diverse scoring threats

So the positional play n interchanging is occurring between the front three.

Just like Liverpool, Mane-Firmino-Salah. Salah is sometimes the RW but he always cut in, n sometimes Firmino drops back n Salah becomes the striker. It’s fluid

Kohfeldt has similar strategy

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kruse 1st real season in 1BL he was 22-23 where he scored 2 and 6 assists in 33 games. And he was on the wings.

while Jojo is 20-21 (only turns 21 towards the very end of the season) during the season and already scored 1 and 1 assist.

comparison just for the heck of it.

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4431 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Well they are working on it, but as Schonweitz has said before, u won’t see the result in 4 years or so

They emphasise individual training a lot more

I think there are some who will play regularly in the league. (Not just one game here n there)

2002 or after, u can tell something is different among the youngsters. 1997-2001 they are trained in wrong methods. It’s hard to have big bunch of good prospects from those age groups

1997 I like Torunarigha, Florian Muller, Neuhaus for example. Mittelstadt n Serdar will have to move to othe rclubs if they wanna start regularly, or else they will get starting appearances here n there

1998 Jojo is playing ore regularly these days, then Ozcan is also playing in 2BL (I think he is interesting) n Serra is good. Geiger n Baku will be fringe players in the league, probably between starting n coming off the bench

1999- I do rate David Otto butnits difciot for young strikers anyway. Havertz n Arne Maier will be key to success, then Kruger’s upside is 1BL fringe player. Amade is also similar

2000- we have Arp as elite talent. Mbom, Herrmann (now playing as winger), Mai, Yeboah, Jastrzembski, Burkardt decent.... then Massimo And Vagnoman I have to watch a bit more. But this is a lot better than 97/98

2001- not many. I think Katterbach n Batista-Meier might be able to make it. Others? Doubtful... Fabrice Hartmann n Papela as fringe talents

2002- I see Aydin n Malik Tillman as elite. Samardzic, Dardai and Borkowski I think will have a chance to play regularly in the league. Probably later for Schreiber and Lemperle, both are decent. Ware Pakia I have some question marks

2003 - too early to tell . But Rhein, Gedikli and Gunther are superb talents. We will have to see where Dzanan Mehicevic will end up playing (not provisionally but his final decision)

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, The tactics nowadays is different

Wingers don’t play like “wingers” anymore. U can hardly find wingers who attack the baseline, they all get into the box n let fullbacks do the crossing. That really favours the scoring from wingers when the don’t just stay on the flanks. Gnabry is also a good example

So I am expecting Jojo Eggestein to score more then 5 goals this season

While Kruse’s days, wingers were more old-fashioned...n less interchange up top

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Serdar is part of Schalke's midfield rotation. Mittelstadt is doing better than Plattenhardt.

You make it seem like Mainz have a high standards think all the Mainz kids have a shot at making it. Baku was a starter before his injury, not in and out. Even guys like Burkardt, Papela, Eyebil, Schonfelder have a shot. Gurleyen is also rated by Mainz and the coach said he'll get more game time. Mainz U17-U19 are both doing well.

99-you also have Maina, Dardai, Kade/Baak (when not injured). And others that have been mentioned by their clubs or will get chances this season or the next. It's not a now or never thing.

there is a lot more for 00 than that.

01-Aidonis and Dajaku are part of Stuttgart's plans according to Bild. Just because you don't rate them doesn't mean clubs feel the same about players. You rated Hartmann like just recently now he's a fringe talent.....

I honestly feel like you barely rate anyone if you only see like a few making it for real in 1BL. Even if players could make 1BL even later in life. And I was too lazy to go for more than this. Some players will start in 2BL that's not a bad thing either.

I do think it's interesting how you flip flop on rating players though. Tons of players you rated just recently now they are irrelevant.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    weren't you the one who kept saying Woltemade, Adeyemi, and Pakia were very good? now they seem irrelevant.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's better to wait and see who can make it? 98-99 are youth eligible until 2021. 00-01 until 2023. At least wait at the min after they are done with youth levels before doing so.

one would think all the German players in the age groups are like Reese (on loan), Arweiler, lyoha (on loan), Amenyido etc.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Jojo in the recent reports about how he could see himself stay at Bremen, as he has an expired 2019 contract. It also says that his recent performances have attracted the attention of bigger clubs and there's already been specific offers forwarded to his advisors.

wonder if Gladbach is one of them? Recall last season some here wanted to see him go to Gladbach. Not saying he should go there.

just an interesting discussion.

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think some talents can play regularly in 2BL, can make it as starters there

But I doubt all have the ability to start regularly at 1BL

Strikers is more difficult to predict, that’s why I left out some... Lenn Jastremski, Nieland n Makanda for example, for strikers to emerge, first u need ur veteran striker (who might be only 27/28) to step down so u needa wait. And that can be passive

10 years later, u will see Aidonis n Dajaku are just 2BL Calibre. Not sure if they can start regularly there

U will see. Just players with no talent, nothing I can see from them especially Dajaku even he scored a ton last season

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well when Uli mentioned youth players and jumping to 1st team. No point in mentioning Mai/Fruchtl but he mentioned by name, Shabani/Zirkzee/Jeong/OBM as potential prospects who could jump. He also said this.

"It is our big goal to bring one player up every year in two or three years, otherwise the investment in our junior performance center would not have been worthwhile", the 66-year-old.

which is what I've been saying in other threads. Bayern didn't spend nearly $100M on their Academies to promote no one to 1st team.

Interesting 1 player will get promotion every year starting 2-3 years from now. Which would be right on time for guys like M.Tillman/Rhein/Gunther etc to be eligible.

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Promoting to first team or make a pro debut at 17 means nothing

I am saying who has the ability to start regularly n play continuously in 1BL, that matters

Since teams are playing with one CF, it’s hard to predict strikers’ future n when they can breakout. Everything is postponed.

Just like keepers. The younger one has to wait until the veteran is injured or left or retire. U need to wait for someone to step down.

I do rate Tim Schreiber but for strikers n keepers it’s more uncertain n unpredictable

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If they can let Jojo play/start regularly, he should stay

Jojo’s target this season should be 10 starting appearances, maybe another 15-20 coming off the bench. No matter where he will be used

Werder Bremen lack right wingers tho, so he can have more playing time there

Hope he can make it

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's why some strikers go to 2BL so that they can breakthrough 1BL faster as they would have experience and it's a higher level than RL. Playing 2BL will do Kruger/Serra and others some good, could have been beneficial to Platte/Seydel if they weren't injury prone.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sure Dajaku/Aidonis will be in 2BL if Stuttgart get relegated.:D

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Serra n Kruger yes

But really passive, because it depends on the situation of the veteran striker too. And Serra /Kruger happened to play for teams which start with 2 Starting CFs

Veteran strikers can still be there for a while, people consider 30/31 as “old” but for strikers it’s not the case. Mandzukic is 32, but I think he’s better than ever

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dajaku n Aidonis are two very typical players u find in 2001

Seems interesting figures but u see no talent from them. No traits ...

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I posted an update from Kiel few days ago from the sporting director about how they were looking at RL for players and other places in Germany even players from 1BL/2BL clubs that they can go after. They seem to be looking for German talents.

that could be a good club for any player that's 98-onwards and them playing 2 up top is even better. Even more key if Serra were to leave in Summer. Could be a good place for Daferner, Nieland. Hottmann, Herrmann, Pieringer etc. Maybe some can be sold with a buyback clause.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Luc Ihorst seems to be having a not so great U19 season. 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 games. Did so much better last season while being younger. Malik Memisevic also seems to be doing so much better in his limited time. Philipp and Quarshie seem to be the ones producing the most from the team.

is it because he's doing more dirty work/distracting/drawing defenders etc that allows others to score or is he just struggling this season?

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Burkardt complements Serra the best if he gets loaned out

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4448 Ger90, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Florian Kruger on fire, scored his 1st of the season to make it 1-0 vs Furth HT. Now at 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 games, been productive in every game. And Aue overall are not that great usually are towards the bottom half of the table and had relegation battles last few seasons.

while Kaya was left out of Ingolstadt even if he scored vs top of the table Hamburg on his pro debut and did well uptop. Looks like Keller thought 4 training sessions wasn't enough to judge the new youngsters like him.

Epitome990 repped this.
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Teuchert finally returns from injury and begins on the bench for Schalke in the Revierderby

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lyoha proving to be better than Reese. As he scores his 2nd of the season to make it 4-0 and his pass led to a PK, for the 5-0. As Aue leads 5-0, most of Aue's goals have come from PKs, direct FK and corners.

it also seems like lyoha can only score good goals. His 1st was from such a tight angle and today a shot from long distance. Otherwise he struggles to score.

so far he's done well enough as a sub player.

Epitome990 repped this.