Review: German Players Development Discussion - 2018/19

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, May 26, 2018.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Philipp is very good

It’s nothing wrong to start Goetze as CF n let Alcacer to come in as sub, Alcacer can provide instant impact off the bench

But I think Philipp might be a better choice than Goetze

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kohr scored one and drew a PK to make it comeback 2-1 for Bayer, HT.
    https://streamja.com/wJgy

Brandt had involvement in the 1st goal and had 1 goal and 1 assist ruled offside. Have to say the goal wasn't offside but the assist was.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Add Southampton on top of Liverpool interested in Pascal Gross for Winter transfer.

he was the bargain buy of last season in EPL, given how little Brighton paid for him. Now even a club like Liverpool is interested.

would be nice to see a German player at Liverpool after Karius left on 2 year loan (likely for good).

he's done well in the last 2 seasons too.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    now add West Ham who are interested in Gross.

since last season the best lesser known Germans in EPL were Gross and Schindler, who both played their 1st EPL season in 2017-2018. In fact last season was the 1st top flight football in the career of Schindler.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Max's cross leads to the opening goal for Augsburg 1-0 vs Schalke. GK parried his cross which led to an easy tap in. That was bad from Fahrmann.
    https://streamja.com/qEvX

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus scores his 10th of the season to make it 2-0.
    https://streamja.com/9zqR

Kruse scores his 3rd goal of the season to make it 1-2 vs Dortmund.
    https://streamja.com/QZwV

Emre Can played his 1st game in XI for Juventus since his return in a 1-0 win. Played full game.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

whether people like Gomez or not. Doesn't change the fact that he's getting in the record book. Gomez is now only 9 1BL goals away from jumping to #9 in the 1BL all time top scorers list and overtaking Allofs/Dieter Muller and 10 away from jumping to #8 which is current German U21 coach Kuntz. Currently just outside the top 10.

nekkibasara and Dage repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's sad, Stuttgart captain Genther who assisted the winning goal vs Hertha, his dad died in the stadium after the game.

"VfB Stuttgart mourns the passing of the father of team captain Christian Gentner, Herbert Gentner, who died at the stadium following VfB's home game against Hertha Berlin," the statement read.

"The entire club offers its support and condolences to the Gentner family at this difficult time.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have been watching Werder Bremen quite a bit past few match days and must say I am not impressed by Maxi Eggstein...did not see enough from him to impose his presence in midfield...I started following him after he scored 4 goals beginning of the season but not impressed by his game as a midfielder...

On the other hand the bits and pieces of Rani Khedira I have seen in last few match days, I do like him as a CM...I checked in Bundesliga official website today and found he is among the top players in winning duels

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes Rani Khedira is playing very very well lately

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel like M.Eggestein would have been more useful if Germany didn't produce a lot of midfielder talents. Low has brought him up a few times but feels like the other U21 midfielders are better+Dahoud if he can just be consistent, the potential is there for sure.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do think it's a shame that Hofmann is injured though. Feels like Gladbach has lost steam ever since his injury.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wagner is being linked with Stuttgart, Schalke, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Galatasaray, lol.

20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, as far as rani khedira goes he has been impressive

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah we shouldn't play Kimmich as DM when we have other options. Kimmich is too obsessed with attacking and him as DM we get his reactions, like I don't care where I play in XI as long as I play.

one good thing about Kimmich as DM is that maybe it'll improve his defensive side when he goes back to RB. Because even as an RB he sometimes advances way too much.

saj7866 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    once again Kempf is getting praised for being a wall and his defensive work.

really does look like Stuttgart's recent upping trend is linked with Kempf's return from injury and being in XI. 3/5 games he's played they've won. Compare that to 1 win during the season when he was injured....

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well at “6”, which I think is the most important role in modern football, our current options are Kimmich, Emre Can, Rani Khedira, Demme n Strobl(?)

Rani Khedira, if he gets called up at all, doubt he will ever start for Germany

I think we better hope Emre Can can Develop into a reliable option so that Kimmich can slide back to RB

Loew might want someone more like like a leader at “6”. Kimmich has that traits

Apparently a modern “6” (not Busquest or Weigl type) should provide enough coverage, tenacity and intensity.

Kimmich is probably the best option now if we do value this role. But yea, really depends on Emre Can’s situation first

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern Munich bought Kimmich as a DM too , n u wanted him at RB?

Why changed him into a RB? Who did it?

Yes u see traits and transform a player. Kimmich is no exception

Kimmich should play DM for Bayern when Thiago isn’t available... Javi Martinez doesn’t have the pace to be productive anymore

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like Patrick Herrmann even with EPL interest favors moving to Stuttgart according to kicker.

that's one club that seems to be piling up Germans in their late 20s/early 30s. The club is slowly going up, currently in the safety zone. Herrmann could certainly help this team.