Review: German Players Development Discussion - 2016/17

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
  2. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    It would be the hardest choice for Low, which of these strikers select in first eleven.If our style of play still be contained a lot of pressing and gegenpressing I not see a better option for that than Werner, a young player full of strength, energy ,very skillful with the ball , the modern version of 9. I hope for the best.

Ger90 and timh19 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    let's not forget that Philipp is eligible for the U21 if he doesn't make the Confederations Cup.

and? Sometimes corner kick goals are the way a match is settled. Madrid won that game because of that corner.
    plenty of matches were won from a Kroos free kick assist or corner assist whether for Madrid or Germany.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schurrle scores in the German Cup to make it 2-0. It's his 5th goal in all competition.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    With Goretzka, Kramer, Dahoud, Can, Gundogan, is Khedira still needed?, can he make the WC squad?
    How about Gomez's chance with Werner, Wagner, Stindl, Uth, Volland, Phillip?

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well let's be honest Low has his favorites. It's something to always take into consideration when discussing players and the NT. If this is Gomez's last tournament I think it's more likely he gets taken to Russia than not.

The only tournament since Gomez started where Low left him out was the WC 14 and that's because he was injured for majority of the season and only came back a few weeks before the tournament. Otherwise he's made every tournament regardless of form.

Philipp is not a striker. And Gomez has scored more goals than Uth, Stindl, and Volland this season. Plus why would he not take him when he's very experienced in the NT, while every other player save for Volland has never received a call up. Even if you don't start him he's still useful back up.

As for Khedira again he's a favorite of Low and he's scored in the last 2 WC 18 qualifiers. He also captained Germany vs San Marino when Neuer was out in that game. And he's a regular for Juventus. I think same for him he's more likely to get picked than not.

Kramer has been neglected for over a year now, Dahoud has 0 experience with the Seniors. Can hasn't been that great. It's the same as Gomez why reject Khedira when you can either use him in the 11 or as an experienced back up.

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Well Maximilian Philipp plays 12 games as a SS cored 5 goals n provided 3 assists. He plays SS in a 4-4-2 system

RW 5 games n CF 3 games. So he is a forward for sure. Just versatile

from transfermarkt

Matches as
    Secondary Striker 12 5 3
    Right Wing 5 2 -
    Centre-Forward 3 - -
    Left Wing 1 1 -

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but that's not his main position. That's like playing Schurrle or Gotze has center forwards. None of the 3 are strikers which is my point.

and those anyone seriously believe that Philipp will actually take that center forward spot for Germany.....when there are plenty of players with more experience than him and ones that actually fit that spot??? And he's never played for the seniors either. I think GomezWerner/Wagner and even Stindl have more of a chance to get that spot than Philipp.

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I dont think Philipp is the same tpe as Schuerrle n Goetze. He isnt a winger like Schuerrle n a playmaker like Goetze. Philipp's best position will be supporting striker or striker

In terms of game style, i dont see much difference between Stindl n Max Philipp

both playing in a free flowing 4-4-2 formation. so the difference between CF n SS is quite minimal.

Philipp has tons of potential, just need to stay away from injuries

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/n...wird-mein-letztes-turnier-50840888.sport.html

Mario Gomez retires from International football after 2018 WC

Its a pity that Germany cannot produce anyone as a long-term replacement for now. As a targetman, players either extremely injury prone or not given chance at club level

Schieber can only play half a season every year;
    Ginczek had two tore ACL when he was on a rise, Lasogga is never in godo shape;
    Selke isnt playing for the club anymore n there is some attitude issue;
    Felix Platte knee n rib injuries, Seydel is always behind Cordoba;
    Kader n Putaro either struggles in 3BL or being a benchwarmer in 2BL;
    Serra n Daferner are out for one season n future is in doubt;
    Dadashov opts for Azerbaijan;
    Ole Pohlmann isnt a targetman despite his size but more of a versatile forward like Schuerrle or Mueller.

Kleindienst, Glatzel, Florian Kruger n Fiete Arp need to prove themselves at higher level

Looks like the country cant produce tall targetman anymore. After Mario Gomez n Sandro Wagner, we need to find a solution.

A targetman always brings an alternative...............Plan B

13. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    sure corner kicks can win the match, what I'm saying is that it does not show him has any edge over other players, corner kick is a lot easier to take than a free kick. Why Kroos hasn't scored goals from free kick but instead, leave that to Ronaldo.
    And, you cannot compare corner kick assist to a normal assist which is more creative and more difficult. I'd rather take a player that have 3 normal assists than a player has 8 assist from corner kicks.

14. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stindl was not a striker either, once upon a time. Philipp absolutely has everything to end up a NT option at forward. Would I take him to Russia? Not without an an inhuman season from him next year; but if he moves to a bigger club and continues to show his technique, clever runs, and nose for goal...including on the european front...then I'd include him in the post WC crew to see how he fits in with the other NTers, even if he isn't an every-match-starter for that new club right off the bat.

Gomez also plays against slower opposition this season, and doesn't provide nearly as much as Stindl on almost all fronts. I won't be mad if he's an end of the roster plan B; although he's traditionally struggled as a joker; but the NT needs to move on to Stindl & the kids as the primary options in attacking rotation.

Khedira should be there, but that job should be up for grabs.

15. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    #590 Nightcrawler, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Khedira is one of the Low favourites, just step behind Podolski.Central line with Kroos,Khedira and Ozil will play at least one more competition and lose in semis

By the way, Brandt in Bayern? Is that good

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well Gotze won't be back until next season. So no Gotze for sure at the Confederations Cup.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sane scores for Man City, a goal that could save their day!
    his 2nd CL goal of the season and 2 for 2 in the Round of 16!!

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've seen a place or two bring up the possibility that Niklas Stark might be nominated on Friday. Thoughts?

19. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gomez keeps scoring since Jonker took over. He has an insane rate under Jonker, something like 12 in 7 or so. O_O

Ger90 repped this.
  20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder what the difference was between how Gomez was used under Hecking as opposed to Jonker.

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gomez is now 19 goals away from breaking the top 10 all time Bundesliga scorers list.

If the man had stayed in Germany instead of going for 2 seasons to Italy+ 1 in Turkey, where he wasted his time and got injured for long periods of times. He wouldn't have missed the WC 14 and he would already have broken into the top 10 all time scorers.

same for his Germany NT records, he's only 7 goals away from cracking the top 10. Again if it wasn't for his injuries in Italy he would already have broken into the top 10. As he wasn't called up for almost a whole year.

Dage repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    timh19 repped this.
  23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know if going to Italy was why he got injured. Incredible stats tho...

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in his first season in Italy which was the same year as the 2014 WC. Gomez played 9 games only scoring 3 goals the rest of the season he was injured twice.

his 1st injury went from September 22 2013-February 15 2014.
    Then his 2nd injury from March 26 2014-May 11 2014

his 2nd season
    Injured September 24 2014-October 26 2014
    and got another injury in March 2015.
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/mario-...etails/spieler/6288/wettbewerb/IT1/verein/430

I recall he was miserable in Italy and no intention whatsoever of going back there after being loaned out to Bestikas last season.