German Coaches Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I personally feel it's too early for Nagelsmann to make that move. He still has a lot to learn and prove first. Maybe Tuchel will surprise everyone and go the other way and take over at Hoffenheim. I remember a report earlier linking David Wagner to them which could be an interesting choice.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hitzfeld definitely has a point, and that applies to Wagner as well. Coaches (and players) often move quickly whenever a big offer comes along. But I think respecting the contract and waiting to at least provide the club a smooth transition for the next person taking over goes a long way in showing class.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    besides if Wagner, leaves we won't get our wish of 3 Dortmund German EPL coaches.;)

seems like Brondby's draw yesterday now puts them 1 pts behind 1st place.

but your post makes me wonder about transition, could Jogi Low's replacement be one of his assistant coaches? Thoughts between Thomas Schneider and Marcus Sorg???

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    It's possible but I'm not sure Schneider or Sorg have enough experience of being directly in charge at a high level. Schneider's brief stint as head coach of Stuttgart didn't end up very well.

Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    then Hansi Flick for next coach, he even coached the NT during EC08, when Low was kicked out.;)

Epitome990 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Tuchel will be or next NT coach.

I can't think of a better candidate for now. Streich is another who i like

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Philippe Coutinho: Why I owe Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp so much

“He’s helped me a lot. I think the way he’s helped me to play when we don’t have the ball when the team is under pressure is really different,” he said.

“We’ve changed how we play. We’ve tried to switch to a different style and I think that bit by bit I’m getting better with that and hopefully that can continue.

“I’m now in a deeper position and I’m always trying to improve and be able to score goals and set off moves because my position demands it. I think playing there is a position where you get to play the ball a great deal.

“Sadio and Mo are both great players. They are both very quick and they give us options down the sides. They are players with great intelligence,” Coutinho told Liverpool’s official matchday programme.

“They play in a quite advanced position and the line that they play always creates those spaces for us with their movement. They are very important players for the team.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ippe-coutinho-owe-liverpool-boss-14026526.amp

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nagelsmann spotted at the Mainz vs Dortmund game :coffee:

940673004975030276 is not a valid tweet id

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Christian Streich with 2nd consecutive wins for Freiburg to jump to #13 with 18 pts. The guy and the team were so happy when the ref whistled, their celebration was as if they had won a trophy lol.

meanwhile Huddersfield are showing that they really are no match for any team that's in the top 6 besides Man U. Their best shot is to get as many pts as possible against the lower teams that's for sure. They need winter reinforcements.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/1-b...t-bundesliga-manager-54161240.bildMobile.html

Matthias Sammer speaks about the perspective of managerial changes and dismissals within the BL/2BL:

"To always hide behind the coach is too easy. German football must discuss whether we are structurally on the right track.

You do not have to be a great footballer (to be a coach). But some experience is needed if you want to work in these areas. The content is one thing, the personality is the other. If I am responsible for a trainer but have never been a coach myself, how can I put myself in the shoes of a coach, or how he thinks?

When you look at the depth, there are not that many sporting directors. The discussion is the same as with the coaches. Who can actually occupy this position and have the quality characteristic for it? If I want to evaluate something that I've never done myself, I find that problematic."

MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Guess I'll put this here since he's German and it's related to David Wagner's team.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/footbal...v-moscow-sporting-director-erik-stoffelshaus/

West Ham and Huddersfield are eyeing move for Lokomotiv Moscow sporting director Erik Stoffelshaus

The German has caught the eye of Premier League clubs after guiding Lokomotiv to runaway lead since taking over in January

According to sources in Russia, Stoffelshaus has transformed the scouting and recruitment strategies on a limited budget.

Stoffelshaus has spent most of his career at Schalke, first as a coach and then manager before three years working in Canada.

He has exploited his extensive network to recruit Soloman Kvirkvelia, Maciej Rybus, Eder and keeper Nikita Medvedev.

The 46-year-old’s work is already bearing fruit with Lokomotiv eight points clear at the top of the Russian League with ten games left.

MatthausSammer and Ger90 repped this.
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Can't see that happening. Sounds like wishful thinking by the Aussies. ;)

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Big victory for David Wagner's Huddersfield, as they won 4-1 away at Watford.

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Klopp's Liverpool with a big 4-0 win away at Bournemouth. Moving up to 4th place in the EPL table. 1 point over Arsenal, who are in 5th. Tottenham slip down to 7th.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016