German Coaches Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/07/5-priorities-jurgen-klopp-start-liverpools-pre-season/

5 priorities for Jurgen Klopp at the start of Liverpool’s pre-season

The Reds begin the filter back into their routine on July 5, with Klopp’s non-internationals reconvening in West Derby to prepare for the 2017/18 campaign.

They will be followed by those involved with their respective nations over the past six weeks, including £36.9 million signing Mohamed Salah, with Emre Can set to be the last to return.

Kicking off their pre-season campaign away to Tranmere Rovers on July 12, the Reds face an eight-game schedule that takes them to Hong Kong, Germany and, finally, Dublin.

With sporting director Michael Edwards spearheading negotiations for further signings, Klopp is left to focus on his squad, with Liverpool competing on four fronts next season.

So what will be the 50-year-old’s priorities at the start of pre-season? Here are five key issues to focus on.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    https://www.arsenal.com/news/mertesacker-lead-arsenal-academy

Per Mertesacker to lead Arsenal academy

We are delighted to announce that club captain Per Mertesacker will become our academy manager in a year’s time.

For the coming season, he will continue as an important part of our squad while developing his knowledge and understanding of the Academy.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Per is an exceptional character who is a great example for young players. He is a deep thinker about the game and committed to helping players fulfil their potential. He will be an inspirational figure for everyone connected with the academy.”

Per said: “This is the start of an exciting new chapter for me and I am delighted that I will be able to stay part of the Arsenal family. This season I will remain fully focused on my job with the team and am looking forward to a successful last season on the pitch. After that, I look forward to the exciting challenge of helping produce young players good enough to play for the Arsenal first team.”

During the coming season the academy will be led by Luke Hobbs, who has done an outstanding job since the departure of Andries Jonker to manage Wolfsburg last spring.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: "At Arsenal, we believe in developing young players to their full potential and giving them an opportunity to shine. I am delighted that Per will take on this role. He understands the club's values, he knows what it takes to win at the top level and he will be the ideal person to drive the academy forward when he takes on the role next year.”

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Alex Zorniger's Brøndby begin the Danish Superliga season with a 4-0 win vs FC Midtjylland.

They also advance towards the Europa League third qualification round, after beating Finnish club Vaasan Palloseura on total aggregate. Their next opponent will be Croatian club Hajduk Split.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Julian Nagelsmann has been voted as Germany's Manager of the Year on his 30th birthday.

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://m.schalke04.de/en/news/170722_tedesco/page/3011--86-86-.html

Domenico Tedesco: Continue to grow together

Domenico Tedesco was very pleased with the tour to China. The Schalke head coach talks about the two friendlies, the togetherness of the squad, preparation for next season and the up and coming youngsters.

Domenico Tedesco on...

... the two friendlies in China:

I want to give my team a huge compliment for the two performances against Besiktas and Inter Milan. The climatic conditions were anything but easy and over the course of the week we racked up a lot of miles travelling. That doesn't make it easy. It affects both the body and the mind. Therefore, we adapted training accordingly.

... the togetherness in the team:

We've been together constantly for whole week. It was a great experience for us as a team and we've continued to grow together and experienced a lot. Such a trip is always going to have its difficulties, but I view that as a positive and will reflect on a great time.

... pre-season as a whole:
    It's impossible to prepare yourself for the whole season in the six weeks leading up to the start. The time period is simply too short. We're trying to lay a foundation and I think that, after the week in China, we're another step closer to doing that. All in all we find ourselves in a continual process which will go on and last for the whole year.

... the performances of the young players:
    They played freely and performed as we had spoken about in training. The boys are very attentive and engaged and that applies to the whole squad. It's important that the learning process never stops. Our young players are only in the very early stage of their careers.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nagelsmann vs Klopp in the CL qualifiers.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    David Wagner wins his first Premier League match with newly promoted Huddersfield Town, 3-0 victory vs Crystal Palace.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/klopp-full-praise-young-horse-nagelsmann

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp believes Hoffenheim's Julian Nagelsmann is a strong example of Germany's promising young coaches.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has described Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann as "a young horse" with an extremely bright future.

Nagelsmann became the youngest head coach in Bundesliga history when he was appointed at the age of 28 in October 2015 and has won admirers across the country for his work over the last two years.

Klopp hailed Nagelsmann as a shining example of Germany's promising coaching talent and expects a difficult task when Liverpool face Hoffenheim in the first leg of their Champions League play-off on Tuesday.

"I'm really happy for my friend and agent because I'm the old horse in the stable and there's a young horse already!" Klopp told a news conference.

"He's a big, big coaching talent. We don't know each other very well but I've followed his way because I like good football.

"He's not the only one but he's a good example of a lot of really good young managers in Germany.

"We're looking forward to the game, knowing about the quality of the opponent. It's just good to be here and have the chance, even when you know it's really hard.

"They are strong, we are strong. That's how it should be."

Liverpool last played a Champions League match against Basel in the group stage of the 2014-15 season but the five-time European champions are the favourites to progress from the tie.

Klopp, however, does not believe his side's level of experience compared to Hoffenheim's will be an advantage.

"I'm not really interested in the experience an opponent has," he said. "We've been together for 20 months, I think, we always try to give good analysis for our players.

"We show them images of the opponent and they speak for themselves. We have an opponent who are very strong, aggressive, who use tactical fouls. We know about their quality and what they do on the pitch and we know it will be difficult like it always is in the Champions League."

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria