Generic media/team DC United coverage thread (this stuff doesn't deserve it's own thread)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by fatbastard, Mar 4, 2016.

1. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I considered posting yesterday, but didn't want to because it was so impressive.

2. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm surprised the Groundhogs are back after taking at least a hiatus from mention during the heavy construction. I'd have thought a more placid location would be their preference.

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    They are mostly living around the Buzzard Point plant and the helipad now.

Winoman repped this.
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D.C. United have hired Rodrigo Robles as Director of South American Scouting.

GumbyG, dcchelseafc and Winoman repped this.
  5. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, when seeing Audi commercials on tv recently, a splash screen comes up indicating that they are the official presenting partner of DC United. I think I saw this occur just about the time the World Cup kicked off.

6. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Um, my wife used her iPhone to photograph family members attending the game for years. Fancam sounds like more techno-shit that actually does nothing useful, but make shitpiles of money for some “genius” who decided we need more useless and diverting tech than solutions to actual problems facing mankind. Or to put it more bluntly, there are countless tech ways to announce or photograph your taking a dump, but hemmorhoid treatments are largely similar to those in the 19th century.

7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Having a very reliable connection to an individual who worked on facial recognition for DHS I can say it has a sinister side like Facebook when data is shared "out of school" so to speak.
    If you aren't 100% legit you have a basis for concern particularly if you return at highly predictable intervals to exactly the same spot. Perfect situation to beta test some "point em out, round em up" software.

Winoman repped this.
  8. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Thank you. All of this "social media" means you are constantly present or accounted for. Kind of like Max Headroom back in the day. We are all fcuked.

fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  9. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone should hijack the next game broadcast to complete the gimmick!

10. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Not a fan and I am sure that we signed away our image rights with the purchase of season tix, so they'll market with my cute kids in the same way they use Barra/Ultra's imagery even through they're screwing them.

dadman, Dizi and Winoman repped this.
  11. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus dude we get it already. How many threads do you need to post the same shit in

John L and pr0ner repped this.
  12. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

Thx,

Jay!

sitruc, Eastern Bear, dadman and 2 others repped this.
  13. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Oh well, the mythical "South American attacker" didn't make it past the 3rd day of the transfer window.

sitruc, Winoman and UnitedBorn repped this.
  14. ejs1111

ejs1111 Member

Aston Villa | DC United
    Mar 1, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    1 new, MLS starter quality CB...so we can bench one of the B's (Brill/Birn), preferably Birn personally.
    1 new, MLS starter quality RB... so we can solve that problem and Mora will be serviceable/OK at LB.

If we do those 2 things, our defense will improve drastically... despite our car wreck coaching staff. We have enough offense to make the playoffs.

GumbyG repped this.
  15. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Backline help is much more important and needed right now than a "South American attacker".

dadman, UnitedBorn, Funkfoot and 2 others repped this.
  16. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see what an extended run from Mora and Robinson at outside back shows us. Maybe we're not as bad off there as we think. Still need more competition in those spots at least.
    Personally, I think a stud center back would go farthest in improving this team at the moment.

ejs1111, RednBlack, John L and 1 other person repped this.
  17. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Bring back the Flying Gonzalo Brothers !!

Eastern Bear and Winoman repped this.
  18. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Unfortunately one of them is dead.

19. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I agree, it's just that every pre-transfer window, someone from the FO starts spreading rumors to Goff and others in the press about DCU's quest for a "young South American attacker." That's why I call such a thing a mythical beast because we never have actually seen one in the wild.

Eastern Bear and dadman repped this.
  20. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to hear that. :( Was that reported in the DC threads here? I don't seem to remember hearing that, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

21. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    It was Gonzalo. I think he had a terminal illness.

22. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I like Mora back there despite the cards and mistakes, but Robinson is not a winger at all. (I know he looked okay there in the Open Cup game, but that's just not a natural fit for him in anything other than spot duty.) . You are right that what this team needs desperately is a CB. That's been true since Boswell started his decline.

What???

Winoman and DCUSA repped this.
  23. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Gonzalo Martinez was a defender from Colombia during 2008.
    Gonzalo Peralta was a defender from Argentina also during 2008 who died in 2016.

stangspritzring and Winoman repped this.
  24. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Damn, I hadn't heard about that. ******** cancer.

Winoman repped this.