**General News Thread**

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Java65, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Java65, Shen-O and shiboboo repped this.
  2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Schick scored the winner for Czech Republic today. Difficult header from a hanging cross at the near post.

Shen-O repped this.
  3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Shen-O repped this.
  4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez.. I wish we could have sold him this summer. I doubt we'll get anything for him this winter.

6. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless dumb PL money came knocking, we weren't going to make much off of his sale.

I'm glad he had some relatively healthy seasons and got to show his stuff for us, but this is the reason Perotti never took off.

Java65 and shiboboo repped this.
  7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We just might have to just come to some sort deal to cancel his contract to let him go back to Boca.

Great guy but he just can't stay healthy.

8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, Karsdorp is teetering on the edge of becoming a bust. I'd like to see him turn it around because we need someone to compete with Florenzi for that RB spot. IMO, competition breeds success.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    At this point I'd almost be shocked if we see a combined 10 more appearances for Perotti and Kardsorp in Roma shirts...

11. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So is the Karsdorp thing because his lack of effort in training or does EDF just not like him?

12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he's injured again. Between his injuries and his issues with EDF it just seems it's not going to work out here.

13. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Damn...

I thought his performance against Milan was super promising.

14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  16. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Pastore is the worst buy we had so far. The guy can't stay healthy for few games. He should retire.

17. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Olsen has been good but so has Nzonzi and Santon I would say. The rest have failed to impress or make much of an impact for different reasons.

Pastore cant stay/get fit and could end up being a complete bust for that reason. Kluivert has had limited chances as you would expect. Marcano was signed as a cheap and experienced back-up. He has made little impact. Cristante has been very disappointing for me. He has shown me little to nothing so far. I'd settle for signs of a personality from him at this stage.

People can say what they like about JP and certain sales (I'm not defending or criticising that in the following point), he still has high standards for the team and if they flop badly this year then it's likely curtains for both Monchi and EDF. He's not one for riding out a lengthy downturn with excuses and no action.

18. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #1543 Hustle and Flow, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Olsen-- really solid , even though people were freaking out. That Danish guy on here calling him trash hasn't been around for a while. :rolleyes:

Mirante- good pro. Expert bench warmer

Fuzato- looked alright in that mid-season friendly I watched. Who the hell knows.

Santon- miles better than most expected. So far , so good. Obvious upgrade over Bruno.

Marcano- free , so we shouldn't expect a lot. But, I haven't been impressed so far. Deserves more time to acclimatize , though. Not writing him off yet.

Bianda-- we won't have answer for another couple years. Kid is 18 playing in a position that takes longer to develop.

Nzonzi -- love him and I was wrong about the deal. Was worried how'd he fit in a 4-3-3 with DDR , but that's been resolved with the 4-2-3-1. Love thinking about how people felt DDR would be relegated to the bench this summer. No ...just , no. Clear upgrade over Strootles, imo.

Bryan-- clearly a better fit for the 4-3-3. Has been forced to play the pivot , which isn't ideal , imo. Should be a 10 in the 4-2-3-1 , but Lorenzo won that job. Obviously needs to more time. Important to remain patient. Not too many 23 year olds hit the ground running in Rome.

Coric-- no idea. I'd like to see more of him , though.

Zaniolo-- like him , and the potential is clear, imo.

Pastore-- as advertised. World class ability , can't stay fit and doesn't have much work-rate defensively. Still, the production has been there when he plays. That can't be denied. Fingers crossed.

Kluivert-- moments of magic , and moments of inconsistency. Nothing that people didn't expect. I'd like to see him play more , and he will. Completely fine with him so far.

decola, wm72, Java65 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Go on, Baldini, kick Moronchi and his son DiFrancesco as a package deal.

Then send a top notch hooker to Saba and tell her to listen what he says in his sleep. We'd do much better that way than that bald spanish f*ck will ever manage here.

20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This seems spot on.

My biggest issues with Monchi stem from four transfers; Schick, Defrel, Karsdorp and Pastore.

For me Schick was a double problem; First, he had already bought Defrel who was a CF/ST and Schick was already hurt when he got here. While the injury was rather minor when buying a young player every minute they can train with the team is critical. Buying Schick knowing that he was going to miss all of the summer training means you know going in he's going to be of little use for the first 6 months of the season... critical development, IMO. Add to that neither he nor Defrel are true wingers you have essentially spent 60+ mil for 2 players for a position neither plays.

Karsdorp was injured and just like Schick missed invaluable development time. Golden rule, never under any circumstances buy a young player that is already injured. Never!

Pastore was always a gamble for the reasons you stated. That said, I'm less critical of this purchase than I am of the above 3. For 20 mil it might have been worth the gamble. My only criticism is that everyone knew the odds were fairly good Pastore would be injured and wasn't the hardest worker.

On the positive, it seems like a great move getting Olsen (and yes I was wrong on this one.) He's clumsy and awkward but he get's the job done and even his distribution has improved. It's like watching a stork play GK

decola and romanista8910 repped this.
  21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Congratulations to Olsen who won Swedish Goalkeeper of the year. Tough fought contest with a part time postman coming second.

Haakon24, TifosoRoma, whill4 and 5 others repped this.
  22. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    just stumbled on this. Not sure if this is true.

23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read a few months back he was interested in buying but JB didn't want to sell. I'm torn on if I'd want this or not.

On one hand Roma would instantly be a Mega-club as Saudi Arabia is not going to want to be outdone by Qatar and UAE so they'd pour billions into the club.

On the other hand I don't want to become the teams I've been highly critical of. Don't get me wrong I'm not a pure sentimentalist like too many ultras but there is a limit and I'm not sure I want to become what I loathe just to win trophies.

24. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't care to be honest. My patience with all the incompetent, stingy, unlucky, stupid or provintial moves/decisions done by this club/management/owners/players in the last 18 years( my time as Roma fan) has ran out a long time ago.

In Italy you have to either be old blood or young money to have any measure of respect, and old blood got us nowhere( not that we've had too much of that either, but still), maybe it's time for young money to try their luck with this club/league.

25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oban14, romanista8910 and La Magica repped this.