General boots question/review thread [6] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Athletic tape - Just tape the area until your boots break in properly. That's what I have to do with my heel when I wear my Superfly. It's always good to put it on the night before so it can really stick and settle to the area. Great thing is it isn't expensive for a big roll too.

appleCORR

2. dukduk

dukduk Member

May 17, 2016
    moleskin on the area...its hard to tell when/if you won't get them again though. a couple days of use works for me

3. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Would using trusox aid me in preventing them?

4. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    No they wouldn't. Trusox actually used to advertise their socks as preventing blisters but stopped at some point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No if anything they just offer a bit of extra padding. I've got a pair of the thicker ones and have only used them a few times. Not really a fan. Taping or as someone suggested you can try moleskin but i have no problems with athletic tape.

appleCORR

6. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Yeah i've been reluctant to buy the trusox, tape seems to be the way to go.

jayc23 repped this.
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The tape is brilliant - it sticks really well you can even have a bath in it and it doesn't come off. Plus it's a cheap option. I just know when I tried Trusox I found them to be really bulky and after a few wears the grip pads lost their grip. I know they do, do a thinner model which might be better. But I just find them to be a waste of money to be honest. They remind me of wearing Totes bed socks? you know with the grip? Nothing special in my opinion.

Not sure if you have Decathlon sports shops in N.Ireland but if you do you can grab a roll of athletic tape from there for around £2.99

appleCORR

Corkin23 repped this.
  8. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I posted in the trusox thread but I stopped wearing them as well. Maybe I'll try again one day but when the pads wore out they became really rough and actually caused the worst blisters I've ever gotten.

Tape is magic. Use it, it makes a world of difference

Corkin23 repped this.
  9. konces

konces New Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi guys.

Quick question here. Adidas 11pro 3 or nike tiempo legend 6? Which one is more worth it?

Thanks

10. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I'd pick the Tiempo Legend 6 all day, nicer fit (for me), softer leather.

11. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's only somewhat recently hit me, and I'd like to hear everyone's opinion here. In light of recent launches and constant 'pack here pack there have 3 packs a month from one brand', we are getting way too many boots released. Watching most black Friday sale events, it seems people aren't even buying the boots! Full size runs of boots that I assumed would sell well a month ago when they were released, are now sitting heavily discounted with basically all sizes available.

So I ask, is this healthy for the market? I presume not. I just wanted to hear people opinions because it's quite ridiculous. Sure it gives consumers more choice, but is it a little too much choice?

12. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was talking to a friend about this last night actually. We spoke about how in the past you would have a colour way that would remain for the whole run of a boot series. For instance, predators had their red and black colour way and additional colours would be added to supplement the line. I think this stopped after the predator pulse. This was perfect, No flood of colour ways, however, companies know the margins on shoes work in their favour and the consumer will buy. No way to stop this I think!

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  13. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Indeed, that there's way too much release at one go, one pack after another across all brands and the prices are insane (in a bad way). I cannot understand how one can be paying £150-230 (or more) for a pair of boots. In my country, that is equivalent to S$300-500 for a top tier pair (e.g. Nike Hypervenom first grade) but there WILL still be people who would buy them, just to get hold of them. For me, maybe I have an advantage in paying lesser because of my smaller feet that fits into the youth versions. But that said, there is way too many choices at the moment for each release and the good color combinations makes it even worse for consumers because they may want to purchase all the nice ones at one go).

I remember when Puma came out with the clown orange/blue color combination, I was so attracted to it and was thinking to maybe get one, until Adidas came out with the green/black messi boots, I was also attracted to the color. THEN, Nike came out with the blu coastal/blu polarizzato/verde rage colorway for their tiempos and I'm like ok, the color is really nice. NOW, Nike came out with the new pack and the colorway for the tiempo is pretty nice too (just that their kids version of the boot is always crap). While I would assume that all the brands perhaps have a joint discussion to release their new packs together maybe, it does alot of damage for the consumers because ultimately, the intention is to make the consumers spend and spend, isn't it? So, I guess for us consumers, we have to control our spending but you know, when new colors are out, one would be tempted to get a pair.

I just wish that the prices of boots can be further regulated, currently the prices are just ridiculously high.

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  14. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It seems that choice is good, IF you have the money to indulge in all the choices. I feel my passion has declined since the 'days of few colourways per model run' that @Pangu mentioned. The excitement has died down, sure I still get revved up and keen to see what comes next, mind you leaks ruin that a lot now, but still I miss the old days. Prices as well as @vanjory mentioned: ridiculous. Really. Look at the EvoSpeed SL's. Nearly 200 pounds for a boot that if lucky, lasts you 10 games. Sure it's a novelty item in the boot world, but regardless, beyond ridiculous. And the stuff must cost peanuts to manufacture, unlike the golden days of quality leather (and quality control, unlike today...) and near 100% perfect construction, were the boots must have costs a lot more to make yet were still cheaper than today.

vanjory repped this.
  15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  16. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Twenty-eight.

17. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  18. seancme

seancme Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I loved and miss when boots were released in black and then a colourway would come out with a change in the season. The predator powerswerve did it brilliantly.

vanjory and Pangu repped this.
  19. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    My new 5 a side league starts Sunday week, Played outdoors on 3g but thinking of going shoes instead of boots for it, any recommendations?

20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    copa 17.1 tangos.

feels really awesome and once the prices drop for it i'm grabbing a pair.

21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I second this. I have a pair and love them.

22. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    are sure Tango goes well with 3G?

23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I used them on 3G for indoor. I liked them for that. For outdoor I normally just wear boots.

jihado86 and serginhobertholi repped this.
  24. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone have any experience with the Hypervenom 2 FG soleplate on AG surfaces? I plan on using that once I return from my knee injury on FG surfaces and I'll be playing the odd game on AG as well. Since the studs are conical I imagine they'll do better than the Vapors I used to use but I'm considering wearing TF cleats if the Hypervenoms have too much stick on the AG.