News: General 2014-2015 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 18, 2014.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    WTF that looks gross HAHAHAH

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if I didn't see their gear I'd swear they were Parisians, that "likeness" is so unflattering.

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bielsa. :ROFLMAO:

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    OK, nevermind. You were talking to Guignol and I thought you were referring to OL fans. Yeah, with OM I can understand your statement better.

Pandore repped this.
  5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Didnt see the game today but just the highlights of Le Classique and looked very entertaining. I like Matuidi for Les Bleus so I'm glad that he is finding his best form again.

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    [​IMG]

guignol and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I havent been following this story ? What boycott ?

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG and OM both decided to boycott canal until the end of the season (in terms of players making comments, interviews with the network).

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Oh I see. Obviously living in the US it doesn't affect me so I don't really have an opinion on it.

11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It doesn't really affect anyone other than the network's reputation. It's not like they won't be showing games anymore, they just won't be able to interview PSG or Marseille players and that kind of thing.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Ok here is my neutral fan perspective. No French team has ever been alive in 4 competitions this late in the season so I would say to the French media/tv stations you'd better crawl on and your hands and knees and kiss PSG's @$$ because they are the gift that keeps on giving.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Today was a good day. Marseille fell out of the top 3. Now I did think OL would be the one to fall out because of all the injuries but Marseille deserve it because they go too offensive and didnt improve the defense enough. I mean Monaco have one of the best defenses in Europe and who do OM have ? Jeremy Morel and Rod Fanni. :laugh:

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How long is Jallet out for? Its infuriating that friendlies are played in March, to be honest. I would have been really angry if one of our players got injured in a friendly.

As for Marseille, it's hard for me to admit because I hate them, but I actually feel bad because they've been screwed over in a few different ways the past few weeks. I wanted Monaco in third though.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I wonder what it means for L'OM and Bielsa if they fail to make the CL.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they said 4 weeks. and gonalons the same. two of the players who have driven the team all season out at the same time.

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    probably thought he was a kid asking for an autograph.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jallet is a nice guy, so I felt awful seeing him get injured against Denmark in a friendly. Poor guy was probably really happy to be representing France, but I still think that the march international friendlies should be scheduled for after the season is over.

We're crippled by injuries too. I know we have a few quality replacements (although calling Lavezzi, VDW and Digne quality is a bit of a joke), but we also have 2 games a week. The last few days are not going to be easy for anybody. Maybe we'll end up seeing Monaco take away the league from the back door. :laugh:

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    gonalons will apparently be in the group for bastia though won't start, and grenier and/or fofana might be too.

21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  22. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well it's Zeffane's turn now. I'm assuming Dabo is hurt as he was subbed out after 30 odd minutes. Getting Grenier back helps with depth buy they might have to play Tolisso or someone back there if Dabo is out for any amount of time.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think mehdi can step up. I've been watching him since he was a little tiger and he's always had his head on his shoulders. he's already been hero of the evening once in europa league (rijeka) and I'm convinced he'll have one in L1 soon and really make a place for himself in the group.

coco has only played left back so far.

yattara... a few months ago I said I never wanted to see him on the field again, but I guess I was being hasty.

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Zeffane's filled in nicely last season too IIRC. This is another good opportunity/test for him.

Re: Yattara
    Benzia hasn't been consistent. N'Jie isn't consistent enough. The question with Nabil is where his best fit is. It may be Yattara or bust at this point.

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003