News: General 2013-2014 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 24, 2013.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    How far he's fallen.. crazy.

3. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    lyon didn't manage to sign him
    and they lost to aveian after having lost to reims....and they will put gomis back in the starting 11 since they didn't manage to sell him
    what a nightmare

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #129 SportBoy333, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    Its not a nightmare. Their midfield isnt bad and Gomis is a good player. He will score like he always does and give you a big goal in the Europa league if you need it. Losing Lisandro AND Gomis would have been the nightmare.

lefutur, guignol and AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Mollo and Erding coming to St. Etienne

1. Have no idea why Rennes wanted to dump Erding. 2. Mollo its a another loan, have no idea why they scared to buy him.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Looks like Rennes are going to sign Toulouse's Cheikh M'Bengue

7. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    it's a nightmare when your main striker is gomis
    the club owner wanted to get rid of him but nobody was willing to pay his undeserved wage, so he was forced to get him back in the team

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He's a very useful player who never gets hurt so forcing him back isnt bad in a sporting sense its only bad in a financial sense. I wouldnt even say hes overpaid to be honest. I know a lot of OL fans take Aulas's side but Im on Gomis's side. He shouldnt be forced to go somewhere he doesnt want to go just because a owner needs him gone for financial reasons. Not to mention the way JMA treated him in the media was pretty bad.

AfrcnHrbMan and guignol repped this.
  9. frederic birindelli

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    what aulas did to him was pretty unique, yes
    but he did this because gomis has spent like 10 matches without scoring in a row last year at one point
    t make it short, he's been a disapointment and lyon deserve better

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm absolutely with SB on this: in spite of what you say, bafé has been our leading scorer ever since he got here and what's more, he can go 270 minutes w/o scoring and still be our most important player over the period, he provides so much, and always gives 110%. if he was a better finisher and didn't try to explode the ball even on his tap-ins he would be up there with drogba.

the fans here who don't like him mainly have blinders on because he came from sainté. i've heard him booed off the field after MOTM efforts. i'm hoping he'll show the class i expect of him by coming back and giving his all even after the treatment he got; very few players would and that's my main worry.

for what it's worth, my nightmare would be having fred back. sure he's in the running to start for brazil in 2014 but he's the kind of player i like the least. never spent any effort defending, offside on every quick counterattack from sheer laziness and inattention... more than once he missed goals because he was still holding his head in his hands and moaning about a shot he just missed (a habit he still has, i saw in the confed cup) and was on-again-off-again (mostly on) wantaway almost from the beginning over the most childish possible things.

the anti-gomis!

lefutur repped this.
  11. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    It's foolish to focus on what his salary is. Nobody forced Aulas to offer an amount that you perceive as excessive. What is important is how he contributes to the team and whether they are a better team with him than without him.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, the DNCG has never been after OL, but that's because JMA has been proactive.

that said, i think he really wanted to keep lisandro, to which end he needed to sell gomis (for more than one reason); when licha finally got away it was hard for aulas to turn 180° and still save face... and at the moment he hasn't quite managed that.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #138 SportBoy333, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    Plasil gone from Bordeaux. Sad to see.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they got some good mileage out of him... more than i expected, but at some point it's quits. i'm wondering how much more malbranque has in him too; his performance last year meant you had to take a chance and extend him one more season but he isn't bringing the same pop right now.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont follow Bordeaux so I dont know who they have planned to take his position. He would have been useful in the Europa League because of his experience but French teams dont care about the Europa League which explains why we fell behind Portugal.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not sure how much he would have helped in the europa league except as added depth to handle a full calendar: those matches are more about intensity than experience... a lot of the teams are relatively new to european play anyway.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Maybe he doesnt have much left but hes still the captain and its a loan which doesnt make sense either. At least they are still keeping Obraniak whose their best player.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Also Mollo and Erding are official now. Its a shame they couldnt get these guys in before the Europa league elimination. Typical incompetent French management. They give Erding 5 years and Mollo another loan despite having him last year and knowing what they are getting. :confused:

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bastia hopefully going to sign Ryad Boudebouz and Kleber from Porto. They are making better signings than so called bigger clubs like Nice who are doing nothing.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Come on Nice, sign Mathieu Bodmer and get it done.

21. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    [​IMG]

Boudebouz signed and looks like Khaziri is staying, great transfer window for Bastia.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lille is the biggest loser in the transfer window IMO. Lens fans must be rejoicing.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nice also disapointing. Kept their top goal scorer and signed a good young player (Mendy) but didnt do much else. Lille and Nice are a lesson that new stadium doesnt mean spend more money. It all comes down to ownership.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Top 3 losers

1. Lille
    2.Bordeaux
    3. Nice

No need for top 3 winners because its obviously the top 3 teams with the top 3 biggest budgets who can afford to spend the most money. If we take them out then Bastia wins and is 4th IMO. St.Etienne is a loser because they sold PEA and Guilavogui for like 23 m and didnt even spend half of that on signings and waited until the very end after they were eliminated from Europe. Typical stinginess and mismanagment.

25. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Look Gomis isn't Falcao but he's still one of the best strikers in Ligue 1. Plus he's consistent. Lacazette is the new #1 striker at OL anyway.