News: General 2011-2012 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Yes, absolutely. Money is bad. Money has no importance in football. :cool: Just FYI, even without the investors from Qatar, PSG would have had to sign a lot of players coz there are players retiring and others whose contract is running to an end.

Actually, you are right. Money doesn't play, it's the players that you buy with money who are playing.

Next topic : it's the players who are on the pitch and not the coach ?:rolleyes:

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    No one knows what PSG would have done without the investors from Qatar. I think they would have signed Douchez, Gameiro and maybe 1 other cheap Ligue 1 player. Might have brought Giuly back as well.

3. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And Dijon didn't cut the mustard...

Yeah this one is compulsory...They failed their mayonnaise too...:rolleyes:

Jokes apart, the offence has been a recurring issue which has prevented the club from achieving great things. I hope out trio can indeed maintain a good display but I wouldn't be too angry with some more fire power...

4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    its still way too early to tell

5. toopil

toopil Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    It's not happy for Dijon :(

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ72VFYkI6Y&feature=player_embedded"]‪Ludovic Giuly : « Envie de jouer ! »‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    be there or be square
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bakmor

Bakmor New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Yes, exactly ! Wait, and see.

And don't forget the good work of the Lorient coach.

9. Vert

Vert New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm sorry I don't speak English very well but I try to improve my english on this forum. Well, let's talk about football.
    Paris won't be champion, isn't it??

10. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Welcome to Bigsoccer France! And the answer to your question is, no they will not be champs :D

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'd like to know the real reason why Trezuguet isnt playing in Ligue 1 after he announced he wanted to. Salary too high ? Teams think he's too old ? Whats the deal ? OM could use a striker but I think they dont sign him because they are always looking to cut costs thus wont bring in a high salary player unless they sell someone first.

12. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    :D

[​IMG]

13. toopil

toopil Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Dijon always last! With a rope?:(

14. Vert

Vert New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    The girl "voyance gratuite" so cute!
    I'm going to call her immediatly but I guess she won't tell me the future but "#'[è`^à&][..ant you`)===...baby;@@@WOW MMMM

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Alors que la grève perdure en Espagne en raison de la crise économique qui secoue le pays, Adil Rami (25 ans, 36 matchs en Ligue 1 en 2010-2011), qui a été transféré cet été au FC Valence en provenance de Lille, est revenu sur cette situation conflictuelle. L'international français ne serait pas contre un départ si le conflit ne se résolvait pas. "On a fait une réunion. Je comprends les Espagnols, mais quand ils parlent entre eux, c'est parfois un peu difficile. On n'est à l'abri de rien. La crise, elle sera pour tout le monde. Personnellement, je suis monté vite, je sais que je peux retomber très vite. Je profite de ce qui m'arrive en ce moment. Si jamais il se passe des choses en Espagne, je n'ai que 25 ans et je pense qu'en France je pourrais encore aider une équipe ou deux", a confié l'ancien défenseur central des Dogues sur RMC. (Par Candice Heck)

I dont think he's going anywhere and I dont feel sorry for him either.

16. Bakmor

Bakmor New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Mercenary boy...

17. toopil

toopil Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    And idiot boy!

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Strikes over anyways. Park Chu Young signing with Lille and Mevlut Erding with Rennes. Bordeaux and St. Etienne still need strikers and I want to see who they sign.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well I was excited about Chu Young Park to Lille and Mevlut Erding to Rennes and now neither is happening. Looks like Lille is going to sign Jelen from Auxerre but he's injury prone and slow so its a huge step down from Park. The Rennes president said they arent signing a striker since they missed out on Erding.

21. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I could see Erding being a success at a club like Rennes . Weird he's decided to stay after wanting to leave so he can get more playing time .

I'll be surprised if he is here next season .

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So now it looks like Jelen to Nancy and Joe Cole to Lille. Of course the English media says sending Joe Cole to Lille will give Liverpool the inside track on signing Hazard next year but its nonsense since only a few teams will be able to afford Hazard and Liverpool isnt one of them. I doubt Lille would give them a "discount" just because they send them a washed up injured Joe Cole.

23. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They spent 35 million pounds on Andy Carroll, they might find the money somewhere.. Speaking of Lille I hear the organization and fans are furious about the Arsenal Park signing... Might not want the Gunners to open up the new stadium next year.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Only Real Madrid, Barca, Man City, Chelsea can afford Hazard. If he has a bad year his price will go down. He wont go to a team thats not in the Champions League.

25. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I believe that Wenger knew it was now or never to get Hazard therefore he acted - as always - like an asshole and contacted Park as a kind of "revenge". It tells a lot about Arsenal that they had to do something like that to sign a player that Lille wanted to add depth to their roster. :rolleyes: To me it's a sign that they already gave up on Hazard.

There are many things annoying me with this story with Park. First, what've practically never heard about what he has done on the pitch and yet I keep hearing about this story. It's the perfect example of what is annoying me with football now is everything is based on the image, counting a story...
    Not to mention that I hate this kind of behavior. An average player with a pathetic mentality. :cool: When you give your words, it's done. You don't disappear in the middle of the night and accessory of your medical check without further notice. He's a coward. He did not even have the courage to call Lille to say that he changed his mind. Once again pathetic and even more when you put in perspective that it's his agents who contacted Lille in the first place.

As a player, his main qualities he's fairly fast, decent calls and he jumps really high. Though, I find he's struggling really bad when there are strength and impact on the opponent team so he's very often diving. When he deflect the ball in the air, it's often goes to nobody somehow like Hoarau. He doesn't make the difference, to me. He's also a very poor finisher, 1/3 of his goals were scored thanks to penalty kicks during the past season. Simply put, let's compare Erding and Park stats :

Erding :
    - Sochaux : 11 goals
    - PSG : 15 goals
    - PSG : 8 goals

Park :
    - ASM : 5
    - ASM : 8
    - ASM : 12

Erding got heavily criticized at PSG during the past season for being a poor finisher and he fully deserved it. Most of the chances he missed came from Nene who played at Monaco and he was at least as good at PSG as with Monaco in 2009/10. And it's not a surprise that they went down when he left.

Anyway, Park does not belong to Lille model. They have to sell players for a good price. They can't invest on a player that has no value on the transfer market because he has to go for military duty. He also has a huge salary. If they were to offer a good salary to a back up, Seydoux would have had a lot of players knocking at the door asking to get their salary increased.

All that to say,we should hear about players who have done great things on the pitch instead of just hearing the media liking stupid stories. :)