Gee Wiz !!! [R]

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by Andy TAUS, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    :eek:

Seems the British dominance of Australia in international sport continues !!!

Rugby Union: England 19 - 21 AUS.
    Rugby League: Great Britain 4 - 44 AUS.

Reckon that England will destroy the Aussies in Cricket, anyone ???

:p :D

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    any chance of a match analysis or are you just gonna act like typical andy taus and gloat like a 5 year old kid??
    I doubt your mentally capable of a serious match report so I hope someone writes one .

I hear that englands poor kicking lost us the union game .I guess the team is still in the process of replacing all the old guard who stepped down after the world cup .

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports on the rugby union match, from more than one perspective...

First, from a UK source: England pipped by Wallabies -- sportinglife.com

And from the Aussie account of things: Wallabies snatch thriller -- The Age, via the AAP

From the sounds of things, it appears that England (taking into account what Sinner said here, in terms of blooding new players in lieu of the old guard) gave a very good account of themselves. However, it might be a case of the Wallabies just wanting it more, with the revenge motive from the RWC final last year playing a key mental role.

I'll have to watch the replay of the match later on today when it comes on Fox Sports 1 or 2... sounded like a real ripper.

4. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    William,

Just the usual crappy excuses, when they lose (happens all the time in all their other teams sports). There were also a number of "new players" in the AUS line-up due to injury & selection reasons.

It really doesn't matter, because the poms were very confident and going to smash the Aussies (in both Rugby codes) before-hand, just like I'm hearing wrt their cricket team for the upcoming Ashes series against AUS.

We all know that it's the results on the field are what matters and if the English Rugby Union management are stupid enough to "blood new players" in such a game, then they deserve what they got.

Very ironic result, considering the manner of this win to AUS versus the English win 12 months ago in the RWC Final game.

Must say though, it's an indicator of just how much the England side miss little Jonny.

Now, before my pommie mate gets his knickers in a knot over AUS in the third football code they play against England, I'd like to remind him of the last meeting between ENG & AUS (3-1 to AUS), but he'll revert to kind and discount that result by saying "it was just a friendly" and "didn't count as it wasn't a serious match", "blah, blah, blah".

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait for the Ashes series, either. It isn't until next year, though... so imagine the level of the build-up and hype, between now and then.

Just out of curiousity, is the series over here, or over there, this time? If there's a test at the MCG, I'll definitely have to get out to it.

Then when do they blood them? You have to throw them into the fire at some point, and not treat them with kid gloves.

After all, they are professionals, and if they can't handle a litimus test like that-- regardless of who they're playing for, England, Australia, the USA, or whoever-- then they don't deserve to be there in the first place.

That's a fact of life, my friend.

Having said that, based on only what I've read, it seems that the new players on both sides did give a good account of themselves, and can look forward to more games at the highest level.

Perhaps so, but what about the fact that he hasn't featured in a single match since that famous RWC title victory? Might he be in the process of being phased out? Or is that a misperception on my part, from afar?

6. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    In the UK, so you'll just have to convince Mrs babytiger2001 to let you buy an international plane ticket AND let you off the leash for a few weeks !!!

:D

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If she doesn't, each and every one of you have my absolute blessing to flood her PM in-box with your complaints. ;)

She is registered here, after all...

Nevertheless, should make for very good viewing on TV here, should I not be able to go (it is a bit of an expensive ticket, after all).

8. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001

absolutely no analysis there.
    no suprises...
    At least babytiger provided a match report and not your sad chip on shoulder ramblings.even somehow managed to drop a mention about a football game from 2 years ago into the convo.
    you're lame as ever.

9. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    We'll be rebuilt by the time the next cup rolls around .You gotta start somewhere after all your old guard step down .Last week we had a good win over tri-nations champs South Africa .

Im sure P.O.M.E andy taus wet his pants after this match .
    But fact is they've won nothing since eddie jones took charge .
    They lost all the trophies they held under the previous regime..
    -tri nations
    -bledisloe cup
    -world cup

Wilko has a long term injury and hasnt played at all .

10. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    rightfully so if he did, right? a 44-4 win is pretty impressive on Great Britain's home turf, especially with GB thinking they'd win.

the Ashes should be a good series, but i am looking fwd to the Aus-NZ series first (i have tickets to the 3rd ODI game in Bris :) )

btw, USA had a decent showing vs Italy in union. they lost but did score 25 points.

and andy, in regards to the last soccer result between aus-eng: sure it was a great result but it was a friendly. england changed just about the whole squad at the half. friendlies always have the winning team gloat, and the losing team saying it was a meaningless match.

11. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    I was talking about the union game .I thought that was pretty obvious .Never followed any rugby league games.

After a loss like this I will come here and take it on the chin ,unlike w@nkstain andy taus who hides away after a loss and only crawls out from under the rock after a win.

12. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What Andy conveniently forgets about the League game is that GB wiped the floor with the Aussie team a few weeks beforehand. Where were your rugby posts then eh? The game yesterday was a freak, GB played very badly in the first half and that is where they lost it, mainly because the coach made some poor last minute changes to the lineup. Even then League is very much the poor relation in Rugby terms here.

As for the Union, England missed 2 easy penalties and an easy conversion and had to use 4 different kickers in the game. Was a very good game, but definitely a case of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Either way I'd rather lose a test like this and win a World Cup than the other way round.

13. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    See what I mean above !!!

Excuses, excuses, excuses and if you can't find one, abuse the message carrier.

Ronnie & Send, you really are a tragic couple.

Bhoys, I would have thought that the "only a friendly" argument was almost exclusively English, but I must have been wrong. Don't the Yanks take their sport (including football) seriously ???

:(

14. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    Send,

If you had bothered to skulk around these rugby forums before they got blown away by the BS team, you'd know that I've been posting on the two rugby codes for quite some time.

I've not forgotten anything (such as the 3 last minute wins by the Kangaroos against Great Britain in the Rugby League).

You should stop saying "IF, IF, IF" about your two rugby team(s). IF your aunty had different chromosomes she'd be your uncle.

She hasn't and she isn't, just like your two teams weren't good enough & they didn't win.

15. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Excuses, excuses.

GB got in the final of a major RL competition and got played off the park, when it counted. Off the fecking park - it was a farce.

1966, 1966, 1966, 1966 isn't going to work in rugby union.

If Australia wins the World Cup again, they keep the trophy. England won't be doing that anytime soon.

16. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001

2003 2003 2003 works pretty well though seeing as we're CURRENT holders of the cup ,einstein .

Australia never retained the cup after previous wins so what the fvck are you talking about??

In any case , talk from someone who claims to be a wales/USA fan is cheap .
    Two complete no-hopers in the rugby world .

17. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    I said "poor kicking" cost us the game ,P.O.M.E.
    I guess you didnt read the thread properly.

After our previous wins over the wallabies ,the aussies who bothered to show their faces came out with their own "excuses"...
    -injuries
    -playing them out of their season ,etc,etc....

Who could forget that sad little campaign the convict media waged against the england team during the world cup .But as for you ,andy taus...
    after a loss you hide and never show your face .

18. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    The Union match was a joke. As seems to be the pattern under Eddie Jones, Australia played like absolute crap. They didn't deserve to win, the only reason they got away with it is that England utterly choked with their kicking.

I was furious after this game because here and now I know we have the better side. I wanted to wipe the floor with an English team that is a long, long way from the one that kicked itself to the WC and prove it. Simple fact of the matter is that Australia did absolutely nothing in that game to show that they were the better team.

This whole tour has been a disappointment - embarrassment at the hands of France and some mediocre results against Scotland and England.