Alert: Gearing up for Mexico?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by vflkirwan, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a half-pint of jaquin's blueberry brandy should do the trick. :)

2. hhaire

hhaire New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mckinney,Tx
    Columbus guys and gals can one or some of you look at your local liquor stores and see if any of them has Phillips Union Cherry Whiskey?

3. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as the argument of flares: To each his/her own. Every fan is different and supports different. Goodluck trying to convince people wether to use or not use flares, smoke bombs, champagne(Jose "beast"), etc. Participate in creating an atmosphere regardless. Just be aware that others look at this game as one of those few chances that we can create a intimidating, astonishing, and basically kick-ass atmosphere.

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Drop all the f-bombs you want. Just leave the pyro and aggro at home.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No, that doesn't work. It's like cigarette smoke. You can't keep the flares to yourself. You're subjecting those around you to them.

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Seriously guys, just drop the flare discussion. The three or four people, like Andy, that always complain about everything will let it go on forever.

Oh and you didn't answer... won't you be shooting this match?

7. josey_a

josey_a New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Dallas
    I know the night before I will be tearing up every phone book I can find in our hotel to make confetti!

8. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did not have it at my liquor store (Kroger - Hilliard). I will check some others.

9. hhaire

hhaire New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mckinney,Tx
    Thank you very much for looking.

10. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well then go sit in the south stands

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    This is what he wants... attention. Just let the discussion go.

12. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking I'm going to knit myself a scarf. I need to get working on it, though. I made a hat for the 2001 qualie, which I'll be wearing this time out.

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Dude, who put the 2x4 up your ass? Seriously?

14. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Can someone make a "Shut up Sven!" banner, preferably with a picture of "It" in a sombrero and serape?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojSEFCPLACQ"]IOSS[/ame]

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's really not an option. Even if this game wasn't sold out, the stench still travels.

I've smelled smoke from the north side of the stadium when I would be south of the midfield stripe.

(Honestly, given the stench, why would anyone WANT to light one anyway? It's like taking a container of Liquid Ass and spraying that around.)

And with all the flags, two-sticks, and other banners that people are bringing, it just seems like it's an accident waiting to happen.

But, hey, if you want to get thrown out, be my guest. There's nothing like saying "I'm a soccer fan" when you pay hundreds of dollars for travel, match ticket, lodging, etc. and being tossed out by halftime. And at least you'd be back at the pub while everyone else is freezing.

16. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im bringing about 100 streamers on our bus trip from Philly....do we have anything coordinated for when to throw them or is it just gonna be a free for all??

17. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you are behind the north goal, there may be a safety net between you and the field. there is one when the stage is there, not sure if it will be brought down for this game. it might make streamer throwing a bit harder. people on the corners should still be a go.

18. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

so you're saying that you'll gladly subject yourself to hours of what will probably be uncomfortable, sub-freezing temperatures, but a minute or so of some foul smelling smoke is intolerable? cmon man

19. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh don't worry....that net is coming down one way or the other!

20. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Little update for the people traveling to C-Bus......

We are experiencing one of the coldest winters on record. Yesterday was the first day in two weeks we got above freezing. We are having a two day warm-up and then the deep freeze is expected back.

I'll keep you updated.....

21. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice...i wanna see some el tricicles

22. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how stupid of me. proceed...

23. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    oh yeah, while we're at it no one should sing anymore ether, it isn't original. we might as well sit down too, because most supporters stand, and that is boring. everyone just be quiet and let our players concentrate.:rolleyes:

on a serious note, im not quite sure what you mean, throwing pieces of paper onto the field?

section 8 looks excellent with the flares and i can't wait to see crew stadium lit up.:D it's intimidating, and imo it's about time some of the us fans stopped being so sensitive when it comes to the supporters groups. but maybe it's just me.

ok, sorry for continuing the discussion.:p

24. Cade

Cade Member

Jul 7, 2008
    ok, so what about wedding sparklers? they're cheap as hell, iirc and I can't imagine them being that dangerous if they're holding them above a bride's hair that covered in hairspray.

I don't know where to get them at, but I looked on google and said a set of 6 is like $2. It'd be cool to stock up on those and pass them around the endline and light up at the beginning of the game or 2nd half.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.skylighter.com/Weddingsparklers.htm

25. ussoccerTILLiDIE

ussoccerTILLiDIE New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pass them out to the people around you then we all throw them when we score...make sure everyone has 2 so we can throw them for both goals!

DOS A CERO!!!!!!!!!!!