Game 34: RSL @ Portland. 10/21/18 - 3PM UDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, Oct 20, 2018.

1. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here it is, the final game of the season. RSL can make the playoffs with a win, anything else depends on what Los Galaxy do.

I predict a well-played, RSL 3-1 win on a hat-trick for Baird giving RSL, along with Kreilach and Rusnak, three 10+ goal scorers for the season.

goobx1 and Paleworm repped this.
  2. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one is going to be huge. Hopefully the young guys got the attention of the starters and Ruznak and company come out with some determination in this one. I think we get a point. Total Minnesota fan today.

goobx1 repped this.
  3. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully the team and regulars are a bit more fired up for Portland than they were the last game, which was ********ing pathetic to say the least. Hopefully the backups that handled NE have lit a bit of fire under the regulars collectives asses to go all out for a final game, one that winning would see the team through to the playoffs. If we come out lax Portland will punish us and we'll have to pray that the Galaxy drop some points.

4. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hate it when players do the “injury theatrics” we saw from Sunny there. Rolls around while the team is possessing the ball and needs him to be up and in the attack. But no. He’s rolling around and finally gets up with an exaggerated limp while we get dispossessed. One minute later he’s running full speed.

5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle and Plata have both missed golden opportunities.

6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clark made a fantastic save on Glad’s shot. Things aren’t going well as LAG are up 3-0.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL playing themselves out of the playoffs, they've been shit this game, a little better this half, but not good enough to make the playoffs.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They’ve dominated play in the 2nd half. Have been terrible finishing and gave up an easy counter. I’m not a fan of the adjustments just made in the 78th. Kreilach moves back to d-mid alongside KB. That’s not a good duo and it takes our best scorer out of attacks.

9. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad’s crummy play almost gave up a 3rd goal. Rimando to the rescue.

10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Glad did finally give up the 3rd goal.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the score looks bad, we were tons better today than when we hosted Portland a couple of weeks ago. More chances. High energy. They punished us for playing so high after their first goal, but we really had no choice. We still need a classy finisher.

12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Should have started the 11 from Thursday.

Again RSL comes out not ready to play a game with playoff implications.

Quit disappointing for sure.

So many dropped points with the 2 to Minne-effing-sota at home late in the season are going seal RSL’s fate unless Houston can put them in the playoffs.

This team could use an overhaul.

SpiffCoug, jessyca and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    #PetkeOut. I don’t care if we make the playoffs, he needs to go.

jessyca and georg repped this.
  14. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I dont think Petke is the problem.

Id be fine with beckerman to coaching and Waibel out.

With these two adjustments, Amidst the others I am sure will occur over the offseason, I think Petke could do well. NE revs are a shite team, and this year Portland has had our number. Playing thursday's 11 would not have given a different result, save perhaps beckerman and plata being in the game. horrible misses, definitely should have been besler and baird in. But again, I understand why Petke made the choices he did. I am not mad.

RSLer repped this.
  15. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So with the season pretty much toast, what does this team need to do this winter?
    I am with crazyJ628, Petke needs to go. But after that I think we need to spend some coin and get a true DP quality striker. We are pretty deep in the back, midfield is pretty solid.

jessyca repped this.
  16. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Though I agree he isn't the main problem, he is definitely a significant problem. Putting his terrible sub patterns and his inability to adjust tactics mid-game aside, you simply can't have a coach that holds grudges against players who should be playing.

jessyca and Ismitje repped this.
  17. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One win in six games down the stretch isn't a playoff team.

15 to 32 repped this.
  18. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone who can score 20 goals a season and score goals in games that matter, this team hasn't had that since Sabo circa 2012-14. That is the single most important thing lacking from this team, we have nobody who in any given game can be lethal, there's nobody who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate what will happen.

19. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Our Dmid situation is a big question mark, both positions.

20. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Jogi Loew of Germany has his favorites and germany did done just fine under his leadership. Kreis had favorites, got us a cup and a second place (FuKC). Bruce Arena had his favorites too, as did Porter. Those are the only coaches I know in any detail, but I will end by saying that in general, coaches playing favorites does not doom teams. Maybe there is a soccer god coach who has no flaws, but that coach is not going to be at RSL.

21. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I’m ok with giving Petke one more season but there definitely needs to be changes.

Kyle is done. Sadly.

Watching that douche bag of a player zip by him on the first goal is telling. Kyle is slow and RSL without question plays better when he’s out of the lineup.

Petke needs to improve and I think he just might.

A legit scorer up top and ditching some of the young ones for a couple more experienced players for balance would be nice.

Bofo and Danilo to start.

acima repped this.
  22. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    We could get a legit scorer and Petke won’t play him.

trackrunner and goobx1 repped this.
  23. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kreis' favorites is why he's no longer with us. Having favorites is fine when you're winning, but when you're not, it's pretty damn detrimental. Kreis in his last couple years proved you can't just play your favorites and ignore players that are performing better in the few chances they got.

CrazyJ628 repped this.
  24. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predicted a well-played, 3-1 game, but unfortunately, it was Portland that had the well-played game. RSL couldn't even buy a goal. At least my Redskins and the Utes won over the weekend or I would really be bummed.

Although RSL is still in a playoff position, I'm not very hopeful that we will stay that way. In order for Los Galaxios to move into the last playoff spot, they have to win. A tie puts them equal with RSL, but RSL still makes the playoffs due to having more overall wins than Los Galaxios. However, Los Galaxios seem to be peaking at the right time and I don't know how much motivation San Jose will have to put up even token opposition. ********in' Galaxy. Que the post-season thread in three, two, one......

RSLer repped this.
  25. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does not really matter how well San Jose plays, in fact I hope they come out flat and and get outscored 6-0. Now Houston on the other hand needs to come out and pull the upset we really need.