Game 31: RSL vs Seattle Sounders. 9/23/17. 7:30pm MT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Sep 20, 2017.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yura has by no stretch had a good year, but in all fairness he has had very very little opportunity to correct that over the past 10+ matches. He gets 10 minutes here, 7 minutes there, will he still be at RSL next year probably not, but this league will find him a home and in a home he can excel in, don't be shocked when he comes back to kick our ass. Dude still has talent, wish it would have gelled this year at RSL.

Allez RSL repped this.
  2. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Its too bad there arent things during the week between games, where players can hone their skills, or stay sharp.

15 to 32 and RSLer repped this.
  3. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's clearly got an attitude problem or something outside of games that's keeping him out. I have no doubt he would've been given many chances to prove his worth, but he clearly looks like he's not interested. At all. Even when he gets minutes, he plays as if he has no energy or desire to even be out there. Players who have already been running around for 70+ minutes are still playing with more energy than him.

Will someone give him a chance next year? He hasn't done himself any favors by his play this season. I have a feeling he'd want DP level pay as well, and he's clearly not worth it after this year.

4. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of the team is clicking and improving with Petkeball.

Mr. Yura seems to be one of the exceptions. He looks like I felt going through my late 30s as my legs stopped doing stuff I was commanding them to do.

5. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They lead the league in losses by 4 or more (4), with no similar big wins. They have eight wins by only a goal.

6. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if his warmup and subsequent play in those few minutes is any sort of example, he's not making a case for himself in training. You don't give a guy minutes (especially with current form) just because. ******** Yura's piss poor attitude. At 2MM he should be sprinting ********ing water bottles around for players. Not being depressed little lost boy

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Holy rain, batman.
    2. The first 30 minutes of this game had a weird vibe to it. After Rusnak smashed the crossbar and Seattle found a way to waste their chances, it felt like we were in for a 0-0 draw for sure.
    3. In fact, most of the first half was rather forgettable. It felt like both teams had heavy legs and just werent ready for the slick surface and cold temeratures. When the halftime whistle came, I seriously considered going home to watch the rest of the game from the comfort of my couch. I'm happy I didn't.
    4. The second half was different right from the go. Maybe it was because all the dance families had left the stadium and those that were left legitimately wanted to be there.
    5. I love Nick Rimando. He made some amazing saves. But he also made some horrendous decisions on distribution. Sometimes immediately after said amazing saves. He's still a top GK in this league. Those that want to downgrade him to the Frei level still don't appreciate how good his distribution and reaction saves can be. If I'm his agent, I show this game and say "even when he's off he's keeping a clean sheet and making 1 or 2 saves no other GK can"
    6. On this same topic: KB had himself a hell of a game. In fact, he played a massive role in both goals. Go watch on the replays. He wins initial tackles/cuts out passes from Seattle that immediately lead to the play with the goal. The second goal, in particular, was vintage KB. He not only clogs a passing lane, but hits a pass on said interception to Plata, with the outside of his boot, to spring the counter.
    7. I want to have Albert Rusnak's next child. Good god is this guy good. The pass on the first goal is neat enough on its own. Oh, he megged the guy too? ON PURPOSE? Dear god. Javier who?
    8. How soon can we write the check to Savarino's club for the purchase option in his loan? Because we should do that yesterday
    9. Marcelo Silva had one hell of a game. The similarities between him and Olave and, by extension, the Borchers (Glad) Olave (Silva) pairing are becoming more and more evident.
    10. The above video of Acosta is all the evidence I need to not sign Wingert next season. This kid is there. Can someone tell me why he isn't in discussion to play in our ridiculously shallow outside back national team pool? I'm not saying he should go start in the next 2 qualifiers, but give me a reason he shouldn't be invited into the January camps
    11. ******** Roldan. Many RSL fans like to complain that we missed on him in the draft. This is true. He's turned into a good player. But holy ******** is he annoying. and has the most punchable face on a team that includes Clint Dempsey. The bullshit he got away with this game was flat out ridiculous. On another night, KB blow him up. In fact, shortly after the whole Plata situation (more on that in the next point) KB was following Roldan around in the center circle. You could tell he wanted Roldan to get an inlet pass. KB was going to drag his foot across his ankles like he does so well. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the pass never came.
    12. On the Plata "elbow". I've seen people concerned that DisCo will come in and give him a suspension. How is that still a thing with VAR? What is the point of VAR if it can't handle that?
    13. Further, HOW THE ******** DID NOTHING COME OF THE TWO FOOTED STUDS UP TACKLE BY ALONSO IN THE 64TH MINUTE. Ok, got that off my chest. But seriously, if you have the game recorded, go watch the tackle Alonso puts in on Plata in the center circle. Lucky for us (and likely Alonso, too) Plata pulls out of the tackle.
    14. It feels like multiple seasons ago that I would come to RSL games excited to watch whoever the hell we were about to lose to. This team is up there with ATL in terms of just pure joy/fun to watch. If there was any fairness, Petke would win COTY. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.
    15. Luke - never try to slide on your knees again after a goal.

Boz, Lizzie Bee, RSLer and 6 others repped this.
  9. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Side note...it was too bad that the television crew and cameras were on the wrong side for Rusnak's assist to Sava. Perfectly weighted, nut-meged genius. Those of us sitting on the North East saw it perfectly.

(Yes, the old Kreis unwashed T's magic held out one more time! You're welcome. To those sitting around me, I'm sorry.)

RSLer repped this.
  10. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Great analysis. I agree with all but the last point. Simply because I think Luke face planted on purpose. His hands don't move to stop the fall. Had it been an accident his reaction would have been to catch himself. I thought it was funny, and looked like he got shot during the slide. Also, he waved off a team mate coming to celebrate with him... likely because he had something planned.

Roldan was seriously a butthead. One of my favorite moments in the game was when Sava got revenge on him. Early in the second half Sava was racing to the sideline for a 50-50 ball that Roldan completely cleaned him off on. It started shoulder to shoulder, but Roldan lifted his arm at the end to make sure Sava would end up on the ground. I don't think Sava complained up, just got up and kept playing. Pretty late in the game, another 50-50 ball between the 2 and Sava cleaned out Roldan. Roldan started whining about a foul, and I was just laughing.

BalanceUT repped this.
  11. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Side note...the referee, luckily, did not affect the outcome of the come, but he certainly had a lot to do with RSL's frustrations. The 1st half specifically, Seattle would take late and somewhat cheap shots through the midfield, RSL would keep the ball so he waived play on, but most of the time RSL kept the ball moving sideways or backwards. He was giving non-existent advantages over and over. Then, every time RSL fouled Seattle, it was called as they were so anemic going forward. By the end of the game, the fouls called were nearly even, but the fouling was dramatically one-sided throughout. That left the RSL players really frustrated. It will be interesting to see if this referee learns from the experience.

Personally, I think Petke sent Sunny in to take small pieces out of Seattle's midfielders. Mission accomplished. But, that happened because of ref mismanagement of the previous 85 minutes.

BalanceUT repped this.
  12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if he didn't tell him to, by putting Sunny into that game Petke was saying to go level things out.
    The before mentioned tackle on Savarino by Roldan was complete bullshit. Roldan didn't care where the ball was, he was going to push Savarino off of it.

The most comedic part of the night, though, has to be when Roldan went down in a heap under the elbow from Plata. Then when he saw the ref call (rightly) the foul against him he loses his shit and suddenly his face doesn't hurt. Until he realizes "oh shit, I was acting hurt" and goes back to the floor. He also wanted EVERYONE to know how hard Plata supposedly elbowed him. Know why Roldan caught an elbow? He was draped over Plata like a Petke sweater. Plata has every right to try to get separation there. No, not full on throwing an elbow, but to shake him like he did. At the very most it's a yellow, and honestly nothing more.

At the end of the game I couldn't help saying to my group "God I hope we play them in the playoffs".

BalanceUT, RSLer, PumaJohnny and 3 others repped this.
  13. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was also stunned that Alonso's two footed cleats up tackle that made Plata vault over him (and get dispossessed) wasn't carded.

14. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing he won't get suspended for it either, despite that happening to us in the past.

15. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It blows my mind that Roldan didn't get a yellow for his antics following the Plata elbow. I don't think I've EVER seen a player act like such a petulant child on the field before, the utter meltdown and temper tantrum he threw was absolutely pathetic. The way he wrapped himself around Plata trying to prevent him from getting the ball was a clear foul, that he has the gall to whine when Plata tries to defend himself was beyond ridiculous.

TheBiff, Todorojo, RoyalNonesuch and 2 others repped this.
  16. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wins my vote for best metaphor ever used in the history of Bigsoccer.com, possibly in the history of humans.

RSLer and acima repped this.
  17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luke didn't face plant on purpose

18. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If true... then, that is just weird. Guy's got some head issues. Haha. Maybe jumping into the post a couple years ago is still effecting him.

15 to 32 repped this.
  19. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
  20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bottom of story

21. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I saw it, I just assumed that the ground wasn't as slick as he was expecting it to be after the rain. I thought it was very classy of the broadcast team to not replay the "celebration" over and over like they often like to do. They just showed the goal and cut away.

22. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Originally, they'd spelled Petke as Pekte in the article headline. I was just being an ass.

[​IMG]

15 to 32 repped this.
  23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they played it a good 5 or 6 times in the stadium...

24. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I think I am going to archive all of @15 to 32 's match analysis from over the years and turn it into a history book, complete with photos and illustrations.

RSLer, TheBiff, Todorojo and 2 others repped this.
  25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idiots guide to being an idiot and you can two

Boz repped this.