Game #29 RSL at Vancouver Saturday, September 9, 2017.

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by goobx1, Sep 7, 2017.

1. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No margin the rest of the way. RSL needs 12-14 points to reach the playoffs. That's better than the team has managed in any five game period. Reaching the playoffs is now at sports movie levels of improbability, and I don't think we're in one.

2. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nicky isn't who he used to be but Vancouver had unmarked dudes in our box on every single goal...granted Waston's was pretty chaotic.

3. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The odds on hell freezing over were better than the odds of these two scoring in the same game.

Todorojo and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the Utes game i decided to open the mls app to see if it would be worth watching the rsl game, saw we lost so I opened the box score...both Wingert AND Beltran scoring in the same game? Gonna start packing up my zombie apocalypse kit and execute my survival plan...something bad is coming.

Todorojo and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  5. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Those 2 scoring at all, let alone in the same game is much more worrisome than the huge hurricanes in the east and the crazy fires in the west.

RSLer repped this.
  6. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as long as dogs and cats aren't sleeping together, then everything will be OK.

Ismitje repped this.
  7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was I the only one who found great joy in Ousted completely ********ing up the first goal for us? Talk all you want about the cross by Wingert (it was good) or the attempted header by Yura (dear good this guy sucks in the air). Ousted should have saved that. In fact he did. He was just such a moron that he lost a ball he parried and, with the turf, it spun in.

I don't know if I laughed at that more or the BYU student section trying to be "intimidating"

RSLer repped this.
  8. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminded me a bit of Keller grabbing the ball and tossing it into goal during a pirouette.

DrownedElf, UPinSLC and 15 to 32 repped this.
  9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting stat time:
    • We haven't taken a shot inside the 6 in our past three games
    • We had 5 set piece shots in this game, the highest it's been since the LA away game
    • We dominated Vancouver in pretty much all of the passing statistics. This is by design for Vancouver. They aren't a possession team. Our numbers aren't higher than they have been in any other game, which is slightly concerning.
    • We played 40 passes with our heads - one of our highest marks of the season. The pitch sucked
    • We had 204 backward passes - the second highest of the season, behind the CLB game
    • We had more passes in our defensive third than we had in our previous 6 games
    • We only attempted 4 dribbles in this game (2 of which were successful) both the lowest they've been all season (the successful being tied with a few other times)
    • Our aerial win percentage (61%) was the highest its been since the away to LA game
    • Conversely, our tackle success rate (64%) was the second lowest it's been since that same LA game
    • As a whole, the stats were underwhelming for a team that should have been pushing for a road result

Lizzie Bee, DrownedElf and Ivensor repped this.