Game 28: Fire vs Mickey Mouse City SC

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by moleman, Sep 5, 2018.

?

Final Result

Poll closed Sep 17, 2018.
  1. Fire win

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Fire tie

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Fire lose by 1

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Fire lose by 2

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. Fire lose by 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Malort

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  7. Rubber dick

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  8. hauptman OUT

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  9. Trust the process!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. I got my tickets on Groupon as the few who cared about this team have been driven away

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  11. I came all the way out to Bridgeview only to find out Kaká doesn’t play for Orlando anymore

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  12. Free 101

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Love how the announcers are treating this game as a joke. “ESPN the ocho!”

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  2. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Katai! 2 - 0.

Mikebsiu repped this.
  4. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Dang, I thought the fire were bad, Orlando is on a different level.

5. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seventh Circle

6. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Something Stuart Holden is quite familiar with, I suspect.

Also, I hope he followed up that comment with a minute or two about WHY it sounds like a reserve game, due to out GM alienating almost all of the actual fans.

Edit: looks like he did.

7. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Something stupid happened and, for once, it was not Richard dirty Sanchez doing the stupid.

Downloaf and skinut repped this.
  8. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Credit to the announcers for rightfully trashing both front offices.

Jiggly_333, moleman, loonixxx and 4 others repped this.
  9. der sting

der sting Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    this is why Nrod doesn’t want games on national tv, they point out his shortcomings

Jiggly_333, moleman and wolvesfirehope repped this.
  10. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These people are getting paid to watch and cant

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  11. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I laughed when the mics went silent for 30 seconds when they were going to discuss their conversation with NROD. When they came back they dropped it.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  12. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright goodbye. Back to not wasting my sunday

13. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Niko with a brace.

rooked repped this.
  14. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    With a 4-0 lead and 15 minutes left, does Paunovic really think Bastian needs to play CD?

If Bastian had played his regular spot (with Campbell at CD and Bronico on the bench), the could have put 5 or 5 or more in goal.

moleman repped this.
  15. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A rare Daniel Johnson sighting, in for Katai, who played very well.

Katai and DeLeeuw leading the attack is very good for the Fire.

rooked and chiladd repped this.
  16. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they hurt their chances for the Spoon. Something stupid happened.

Martininho, xtomx and loonixxx repped this.
  17. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How bad is Orlando? They just should have saved the money and stayed home and forfeit the game.

Watched the first 5 minutes and could hear the players and coaches, not the fans.

If this is what you wanted Nelson, well done then......

18. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We SUCK, but San Jose and Orlando SUCK so much more.........San Jose or Orlando are going to win the Spoon......

Mikebsiu, moleman and xtomx repped this.
  19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    An excellent win.

Only thing better would have been Bastian playing ahead of Dax, not as a CD.

Now, at Chuck's, enjoying beer and excellent BBQ and gumbo.

Overall, one of the better Sundays I have had in a while.

moleman, rooked and chiladd repped this.
  20. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could think of a lot of things that could have been better. If they were actually in the playoff race for starters. If this inept shitbrain coach didn't still have a job. If our great white german hope wasn't wasted playing center back in a stadium full of give away tickets. But, yay! We beat a shit team. Enjoy the bbq though. I wish I could afford it more often. Oh and is the chucks you're talking about in burbank? Maybe i'll drag my ass over there after a game next time i can bring myself to get to a game

21. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My STH rep quit halfway through the season. I almost decided to go to this game about 3pm but, apparently i need to request a parking pass i paid for days in advance or I can't just randomly go at the last moment or i'd need to pay $20 for parking. Not happening. I probably would have rear ended someone driving in a rage the whole way though. Good I stayed home.

22. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My first game back since mid-May. Very quite atmosphere. Not having any supporter groups at the game is a very bad thing! It really was like watching a scrimmage game. Very solid performance by the Fire against a very poor Orlando team. It was cool seeing Chris Mueller play. I thought that he had a decent 2nd half. Brandon Vincent gave him a stiff welcome to Chicago/MLS about 20 seconds into the second half. Nothing wrong with that. Overall, the Fire played very well. The team seemed rested and ready to compete.

Unfortunately, the outcome of this match and the next six or so have no bearing on the future of this team. I am expecting that Pauno will be gone by the end of the season and the Fire will start over with a new head coach. I am also expecting some kind of shake up with the leadership of the team. Changes are definitely in order.

Personally, I find it incompressible that a soccer club would alienates its most passionate fans. I know that this has been stated over and over on this team forum. A teams supporters club is the life blood of the team. Again, this is nothing new. It really was unreal watching First Division soccer played in complete silence. Watching Bastian Schweinsteiger play with zero emotion from any supporters is just wrong. Passion is what soccer is all about.

This summer I saw passion in a 500 seat stadium in Estonia. I also saw passion in a Champions League preliminary match in Helsinki. These matches were played in small stadiums with small crowds. Yet the teams and their fans had passion and the team embraced that passion. Several of the chants were a bit, ok, not PC, they involved the F-bomb. Yet the match went on. The clubs recognized the importance of the matches.

I really enjoyed getting back to Toyota Park or whatever it is called these days. I really missed the passion that was always there at Fire matches.

Things have to change. They really do. Again, no new news to regular readers of these boards. It really is a shame what has happened to this team.

Mikebsiu, skinut, der sting and 6 others repped this.
  23. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I went to the game and was pleased to be honest. I do not care what team you play a 4-0 win without a red card involved is a good fun win. All the goals seemed like decent team play (other then the Bendik Sanchez imitation giveaway) and our passing for long stretches was actually good. The worst part of the game was the silence from the two supporters sections due to owner idiocy. I miss the drums to my right and the chanting to my left (I am sec 107 smack dab in the middle of the west side).

xtomx repped this.
  24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I only meant "could be better" about the game itself.

Chuck's is great. In Burbank,
    5 minutes from the Stadium and a 20% discount if you go after the game and have your ticket. Well, I was wearing a Fire jersey so they did not need the ticket.

sportscrazed2 repped this.
  25. rogerinIL3

rogerinIL3 Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yep, it didn't seem like a Fire game without the supporter sections.

I was surrounded by oodles of Orlando fans mostly Orlando player Chris Mueller fans. Most of them were wearing Miller Lite logo T shirts, but the logo was purple.

I thought the Fire did a good job moving the ball around also. The passing was pretty crisp. There were a few miscues, but mostly fairly well placed shorter passes in traffic.

In the pre-game blurb about Orlando, they mentioned that Orlando had lost its last 8 matches. So the Fire clearly weren't overmatched in this one. It became fairly obvious as the game progressed that the Fire were definitely in control. But then again the Fire did start Katai, Deleeuw, and Nikolic together in this game.

It looks like Hassler is settling in nicely at RB. Bronico played nicely also.

I thought Djorde Mikhailovic had a very nice game also. He took all the corners while in the game. He challenged fiercely for the ball. But the things I noticed most were the simple passes and interplay with teammates to kind the pressure on and keep attacks alive.

Nikolic got the brace and showed why when given reasonable service he's a deadly finisher. His second came on a 2 on 1 and a perfectly timed pass from Raheem Edwards. Once he got the ball with space to go 1 on 1 with the keeper, you knew the keeper was toast.

Hey, it turned out to be a really pleasant late summer Sunday afternoon.

I

GHjelm and goldclover repped this.