Game 16 - Red Stars vs Spirit 7/20/13 - 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by MRAD12, Jul 19, 2013.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Red Stars will face the Washington Spirit on game 16 of the season at Benedictine at 6:00 Sat. evening.
    It has been boiling HOT in Chicago this week with temperatures close to 100 degrees. It is however supposed to cool off for the weekend.

Red Stars will be playing without defender Taryn Hemmings who is out for the season who tore her left ACL and MCL. This is a big loss for she was a big part of this defense.
    http://chicagoredstars.com/taryn-hemmings-to-miss-rest-of-season-with-knee-injury/

This a chance for the CRS to grab 3 pts. at home from the happless Spirit.

Next week's schedule are 2 away games on the west coast facing Seattle and Portland.
    Gotta get these points tomorrow ladies.

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad to hear about Hemmings' injury. She was one I thought might get a possible NT look at the end of the season. I think Chicago will win both their games against Washington, but she's going to be hard to replace.

3. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the 2nd half on the webcast. Chicago fairly dominated for most of the half, but it's frustrating to see so many squandered chances. Grings had one that had to be put in and she hit the side of the net. She did have a part in the goal, as she headed the ball that was put in for an own goal.

I must say, looking at the offsides call on Washington in the 90th minute, it was a terrible call. I stopped the action and Chicago's left back (Quon?) didn't step up until after the ball was kicked. The Spirit player was at least one yard onside if not more.

In the end, Chicago accomplished what they had to, get three points. Now, they come to a big three game stretch in the schedule, with a two game trip to the west coast, followed by a home game against the steadily improving Reign. They need points. I'd say those three games really need to yield 5 or 6 points.

In spite of my frustration with this team, I give them a lot of credit for fighting their way back into what I thought was a lost cause as far as the playoffs go. Let's hope they have a great trip west.